Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

I'm kinda shocked. My husband says it's the first time he's ever seen me sweat. I told him next time I'd turn the lights on :) Thank you for all the inspiration! Even if I don't make it all the way through' date=' I started, and that's better than I've done before.[/quote']

All of us here were in your shoes at one time! I always say the only key to my success with the C25K program is persistence. I will never be the fastest or the most graceful runner, but I will not give up.

I wish you the most success!

Finished w5d3 and did 20 mins straight' date=' WOW that was an increase but surprise surprise, it was doable![/quote']

Awesome! I think that was the hardest day of the program... and you did it the first time?! Congratulations!

Looks like this thread picks up a couple of newbies here and there... Here I am Week 1 Day 2!!! Ready to join in the ranks! You guys are inspiring!

Welcome aboard! Also keep an eye out for the October 100 mile challenge. I'll post a link when it's up. The September thread was amazing. Everyone made such huge accomplishments.

I just finished my second week of C25K I was just wondering if anyone else stalled when they started to run. My weight hasn't moved since I started.

Welcome aboard! Also keep an eye out for the October 100 mile challenge. I'll post a link when it's up. The September thread was amazing. Everyone made such huge accomplishments.

Thanks Deedadumble! Reading the Sept thread got me motivated to start running! Will definitely keep an eye out!

I just finished my second week of C25K I was just wondering if anyone else stalled when they started to run. My weight hasn't moved since I started.

Yep. I stalled out the first week when I started. One thing that can cause it is not increasing your Water intake. Weigh yourself before and after you run. For every pound of weight loss (from sweating) drink 16-24 ounces more water. My normal intake is 64 ounces. I lose 2 pounds when I run, so I have to drink at least 96 ounces on running days. If I don't, I stall.

I am so excited... I set a PR for my pace this morning. My new running buddy was awesome. She had never run for longer than 30 min and she did 45 min this morning with me pushing her to go further. I ran faster than I've ever run before because her pace was faster than I usually run. My pace was 12:47 for 3.6 miles. Set a PR for 5K at 39 min. My previous fastest was 42min. I am beyond thrilled.

I've done the C25K pre-op and started again now post op. I've always loved to run, but pre-op the weight wouldnt come off which demotivated me. Now that the pounds are melting off, running is easier and I don't have the ankle pain that I ad before. I'm looking forward to running my first race and making running a part of my life daily. I'm 6 weeks post op right now and feeling great with the excersise.

I am so excited... I set a PR for my pace this morning. My new running buddy was awesome. She had never run for longer than 30 min and she did 45 min this morning with me pushing her to go further. I ran faster than I've ever run before because her pace was faster than I usually run. My pace was 12:47 for 3.6 miles. Set a PR for 5K at 39 min. My previous fastest was 42min. I am beyond thrilled.

That is really great news!

I've done the C25K pre-op and started again now post op. I've always loved to run' date=' but pre-op the weight wouldnt come off which demotivated me. Now that the pounds are melting off, running is easier and I don't have the ankle pain that I ad before. I'm looking forward to running my first race and making running a part of my life daily. I'm 6 weeks post op right now and feeling great with the excersise.[/quote']

Welcome! When's your first race?

My gym has a run club that is participating in a 5k on Nov. 5th. My goal is to run it then. Congrats on your success. I can't wait to me be where you are.

Finished w1d2. Kicked. My. Ass. Barely made it, but I made it.

Hope you are a glutton for ass kicking. Seriously, good job and stick with it. Consistency is what will move mountains.

Awesome! I think that was the hardest day of the program... and you did it the first time?! Congratulations!

I can't say I LOVE it yet but I AM enjoying the challenge and finding each step IS do-able and I am looking forward to more!

Running is kind of a love hate relationship at the beginning, but turns more towards love as you get better at it. It will be something you will look forward to doing after a while.