Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started 'Couch to 5k today' Anyone keen?

same as here Amy, I think we are friends over there.

It's interesting to me how I just can't let this go! I can't believe how bad I want to be a runner. Today I'm feeling like I need to keep trying and quit whining.

I think I am still pushing myself too hard. Or was. Ill probably do this again tomorrow night. I shouldn't have posted right after a bad run.

I read that everyone has bad runs. That made me feel a lot better. And my knees don't hurt nearly as bad today as they did last Friday' date=' so I must be getting better.

Continue with your regularly scheduled program. :D[/quote']

That is exactly why I'm doing C25k- because I want it. I want to do something I never thought I could or would do. I'm only on week 3, if I was more diligent I should be completing week 4 right now. I just refuse to give up and I'm in it for the long haul. I don't care if it takes all summer. Don't give up Amy. As for those beotches, just remember they were WALKING while you were RUNNING!

We weren't, but I added you. :) saw you replied on Amanda's status right after I asked you who you were over there. :)

So. We're supposed to take a day off in between our run days. What does this mean for you? Does this mean no other cardio that day? No exercise at all the next day? Do strength but no other cardio and use c25k as our primary cardio?

I wonder of I'm not Tiring myself out. But then I see others burning 600-1000 calories a day.

How did you all work this out?

Ok, done... It looks like I will be stuck on week one for awhile. I tried running faster today and it felt better and then slowed down my walking during the walking intervals. It went better a overall :) but I will just know for various reasons that am not ready to move on.

So carry on people.:) I will be here but lurking at my own pace...

Just finished golfing 9 holes with my husband and 12 year old gramdson.

I've been running for 10 months and I still occasionally have bad days....like my legs have never run before. It happens, but it happens less and less.

I also wanna say, if you're not fond of chi running there are other methods, bit don't give up on having good form. It will prevent injury later. It's not as intuitive as it seems but once you "get it" you "got it."

80% of all runners will have an injury this year. That's huge. The majority are either overtraining or bad form....which means preventable. Don't be part of that statistic.

Oh I don't have issues with chi running. I believe in it so to speak. :) I'm going to keep your words in my head though. "It didn't happen overnight". I'll get it. Didn't realize it could take two months. That makes me feel a lot better. :). Oh and "baby steps" helps too. It's ok to go slow. Even if people see me. :D

post-27342-13813666526529_thumb.jpg

We weren't, but I added you. :) saw you replied on Amanda's status right after I asked you who you were over there. :)

So. We're supposed to take a day off in between our run days. What does this mean for you? Does this mean no other cardio that day? No exercise at all the next day? Do strength but no other cardio and use c25k as our primary cardio?

I wonder of I'm not Tiring myself out. But then I see others burning 600-1000 calories a day.

How did you all work this out?

My base cardio time is 1 hour every day (every day). So how ever long it takes me to get through a C25k day + what ever it takes to make an hour. For example I usually do a warm up walk of a full 10 minutes before i start to run. running takes 35 minutes, so that's 45 minthes Then I do a circuit of lifting, but not really anything heavy more for flexibility. I will lift heavier as I get closer to my goal weight then finish with 15 minutes of elliptical or arc or back on the treadmill or just run outside. On days that I don't do C25k I may still do a little light running or use the elliptical or the arc trainer to get to 60 minutes. On running days I work on upper body on non running days, I work on lower body. Every day I do between 50 and 60 crunches or reverse crunches. On the weekends I usually run at least 2 miles at a fairly easy pace and may just walk depending on how busy I am or I bad of week I've had. :)

this is all trial and error. About 7 years ago, I was in pretty good shape, and this is the same routine that I did then. Except back then I did a ton of squats. I may start back at that at some point, but for now running works for me. But for others, they may want to do less cardio and more lifting. You just have to find the balance that works best for you. There is no a one size fits all solution.

Ok, done... It looks like I will be stuck on week one for awhile. I tried running faster today and it felt better and then slowed down my walking during the walking intervals. It went better a overall :) but I will just know for various reasons that am not ready to move on.

So carry on people. :) I will be here but lurking at my own pace...

Going slow will be just fine Laura, you just have to stick with it. If you stop, then you need to go back to square one and start over again.

Y'all are getting to me. In a good way! I've downloaded the app and I'm starting this weekend. I'm excited and even a bit nervous!

Y'all are getting to me. In a good way! I've downloaded the app and I'm starting this weekend. I'm excited and even a bit nervous!

Good for you Amanda. Just go slow and it will be fine.

Oh Amanda, yay!!

Oh I don't have issues with chi running. I believe in it so to speak. :) I'm going to keep your words in my head though. "It didn't happen overnight". I'll get it. Didn't realize it could take two months. That makes me feel a lot better. :). Oh and "baby steps" helps too. It's ok to go slow. Even if people see me. :D

BTB is absolutely right. You do not "get" chi running over a weekend or even from a seminar directly with Danny. It takes a lot of practice and a lot of focus. You would not become a black belt over night would you? Well, unless, of course, you are Neo. It would only take him 30 minutes to download the Chia Running training program and become a master. :) seriously, this takes months and careful due diligence. It is definitely worth it; do not give up. Keep your eye on simply "wanting it" and it will be yours. Once you learn how to do it well. It is like riding a bike, you never forget...

I'm a bit intimidated by running but I want to do it. My 12 year old daughter will be joining me.

I'd like to do the Breast Cancer awareness next year.

I'm open to suggestions.

I'm a bit intimidated by running but I want to do it. My 12 year old daughter will be joining me.

I'd like to do the Breast Cancer awareness next year.

I'm open to suggestions.

Take it easy. Don't think that you have to "run." If you've read the site it says there somewhere that it's a light jogging/walking program

Don't be afraid to repeat days over and over til you get it.

You can and probably will have bad run days. Dust yourself off and do it again.

Research proper running form on YouTube. It's interesting and can keep you from hurtin yourself. My lower back was hurting til I relized it was because I was bending at the waist.

Get a heartrate monitor. This one is personal opinion but it makes things so fun! Love seeing calories burned and knowing what heartrate zone I'm in. And how much time has elapsed.

I think that's all I got. For now. Can't wait for you to join us!