Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How can I do this?

I don't think I will be able to do the per op diet! It's two shakes a day plus a high Protein meal. I have never been able to do it in the bast. That is why I need the surgery!!!! HELP!!!! How did you get through it?

To get through the pre-op diet and the surgery, I asked myself 2 questions (and I had to remind myself about the answers several times!):

Was I lying to myself when I said I'd do whatever was required to be successful this time (I chickened out on the 1st attempt to go through with the surgery)?

Do I want to fail again and be the same or worse off a year from now?

My pre-op diet was the same as yours. I actually had no issue with it because I found a Protein Shake I liked. I loved the EAS low carb shakes.< /p>

And I will expand on that you are here because you were given a wonderful opportunity to change your life!! Yes none of us could stick to a "diet" Very long In the past. But this is different it is a very short while but one important step to a healthier happier life!

Thats how you do it! :)

It is hard! You just have to suck it up and do it. It will help for a successful surgery

You CAN do this!!!! It is only a very short time period. It will be hard but it is sooooo worth it! Just keep reminding yourself that this is temporary and that soon it will be a memory! YOU CAN DO IT! When you think about cheating or giving up, just do something else to keep your mind off of it. YOU CAN DO IT!

I don't think I will be able to do the per op diet! It's two shakes a day plus a high Protein meal. I have never been able to do it in the bast. That is why I need the surgery!!!! HELP!!!! How did you get through it?

I am feeling the same anxiety. I start my 2 week pre op diet of 2 shakes and 1 high Protein meal on Friday. 2 weeks of approximately 800 calories a day?! How can I do it? How long does everyone else have to do their pre op diets? I've read some people doing it for only 1 week while others did theirs for 4 weeks.

I can totally relate to how you feel. I begin my preop diet Thursday and I'm afraid I won't be able to stick to it or the surgery won't work for me. I guess we just have to take it a day at a time. Good luck to you

I was on it over thanksgiving so right now will not be so bad. I was newly sleeved thru Xmas and New Years.

You can do this, many of us did and most are carboholics.

Good luck.

My pre-op diet was the same as yours. I actually had no issue with it because I found a Protein shake I liked. I loved the EAS low carb shakes.

Where do you find those shakes?

I understand your anxiety. But please understand that life after surgery is different and you have to work hard to make it successful. If you are having problem reconciling a 2 week or so diet, then I might be concerned that handling things after the fact, might be as equally difficult. It might be wise to have a real honest conversation with your Dr. or someone that handles food dependencies and disorders. We all have struggled, but most have made the commitment to make the lifestyle changes needed to make this surgery successful. You have to be totally sure that you have gotten to that point. It is hard work, and it won't be easy. You really need to get yourself into a place that you are comfortable and committed to the long term. That starts with the pre-op diet and all the way through to total recovery. The end results are so worth it, but unless you are totally committed, it could very much be problematic for you. I hope that you will seek some type of assistance with this. This is good board, but can only offer encouragement and support, it won't be able help you through the issues that are causing your anxiety. Hang in :)

I understand your anxiety. But please understand that life after surgery is different and you have to work hard to make it successful. If you are having problem reconciling a 2 week or so diet, then I might be concerned that handling things after the fact, might be as equally difficult. It might be wise to have a real honest conversation with your Dr. or someone that handles food dependencies and disorders. We all have struggled, but most have made the commitment to make the lifestyle changes needed to make this surgery successful. You have to be totally sure that you have gotten to that point. It is hard work, and it won't be easy. You really need to get yourself into a place that you are comfortable and committed to the long term. That starts with the pre-op diet and all the way through to total recovery. The end results are so worth it, but unless you are totally committed, it could very much be problematic for you. I hope that you will seek some type of assistance with this. This is good board, but can only offer encouragement and support, it won't be able help you through the issues that are causing your anxiety. Hang in :)

Thank you!! True words! :)

You can do it. That's my plan too. I've been on it since Monday. I have my surgery on the 18th. I have lost 10 lbs already and that feels pretty good. The first 3 days were tough but I feel pretty good now. I have found that my relationship with food has changed. Now I really don't care what I eat as long as the hunger goes away. Plus I'm not as hungry as before. I even went to Costo on sample day and didn't sample. I went with my nephew to Wendy's and watches him eat without breaking my diet. It's worth it. You can do it.

I do premier Protein shakes and one small dinner. Lots of Water and I find flavored water helps satisfy me more than plain. I drink a Propel flavored water at least once a day with my regular Water. It has no sugar and no calories. Tastes good too. Good luck!!