Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Hi Yall! Hope everyone is doing ok this morning.

Paula, hang in there girl, it will get better when you can have something a little more solid. (mushies)

Sugarbear, I can tell that I have a little restriction. It's not like I want cause I still get hungry before time for a meal, but I am gonna do this, so I guess I will be able to stand a little hunger. If you don't have to work for it, it doesn't mean the same when you get there. I don't know how it happened, but I gained 5 pounds last week. I suppose it was because I didn't stay in the box like I should have. (I hope Ms. Betty don't see this. lol) So, I had to loose that 5 pounds again. Does that count???? hummm Do I get to cheat and say I lost 36 pounds even though I had to loose 5 pounds twice? lol Too technical for me....lol I'll just stick to loosing 5. lol lol

vylynn--- girl I don't know what to say about you! You are doing awesome! Keep it up. You will be skinny before you know it.

Speaking of skinny...... has anyone heard from wannabethin lately? That girl is working her little Okie fingers to the bone. Maybe, she just got to skinny to post anymore. (HINT, Genia!)

Yall have a good day and drink your Water. (I'm going to get some now!)

lisa

Thanks for all the encouragement everyone. When do we get to start eating anything solid? Is that week three? Do we get to start eating pudding, yougart, oatmeal and soft scrambled eggs the 3rd week post op? Just wondering. I don't mean to complain but it is so hard to be content on liquids only!

Hi Hopefulchurch. First two weeks, liquids. Low-fat strained creamy Soups, thin them down with milk or Water. Of course broths too. 3rd week pureed foods. Includes, soft scrambled egg, sf low fat puddings, hot cereals, apple sauce. week 4, scrambled eggs, sf low fat pudding, soft canned veggies, soft canned fruits, creamy soups. week five, Transition to solid foods as tolerated. (slowly.) includes sliced meats, b. potato, macaroni noodles, you can try raw veg. and fruits.

You should have a page all this is listed on called Lap-band post-op diet instructions. It came in my folder, and I may have recieved another at some point. If you don't have it, call Amy at 903-798-7260 the dietition and have her fax you one. Hang in there. This is for the healing of the band in it's proper place. Think of the long run. It does get better.

Hey all...hope everyone has enjoyed the rain and the sunshine...

Thanks Sugarbear and Lisa for the praises...I think I have really figured this stuff out and what works for me...I have cut down on my portions and am really watching what I am eating (NO bread, Pasta, crackers, sweets,etc...(with the exception of the Sonic Cherry Limeade that I am drinking right now) and trying to limit myself to about 40 carbs a day plus trying to get in a lot more protein)...Drinking my Water a lot better, Thank God for Crystal Light Lemonade...LOL...I lost 6 lbs this week doing this...gonna try again this week and see what happens...I have 9 lbs to get to my "100 something"...

My husband got approved for surgery and is scheduled for April 18th...he is really looking forward to that, so I guess it's pay-back time...I will soon be going back on the liquid pre-op diet...since he did it with me...So NOT looking forward to it, but that is LOVE I guess...LOL...

Hopefulchurch...I know you get hungry and all...just remember, you are still trying to break bad habits and make new ones...stick with it no matter what...it will go by quicker than you realize...

I think about all of you often and am really proud of each of you and your successes...God has blessed me by giving me all of you as my support and I thank Him daily for that blessing...

Love you all, hang in there, will post again soon,

VlynnFogg

Can you guys eat Pasta without it making you feel sick? When you say you have problems eating bread, etc., could you be more specific as to what the problems are and how to solve/get over them?

Just trying to get prepared!

Thanks!

I'm thinking up a lot of questions today, I'm sorry to keep bugging.

As soon as I find out what my tax return says, I'm scheduling surgery.:clap2:

Anyway, right after surgery, when do you have your first visit post op? Then the second? I'm originally from VA, and I'd like to go home at the end of the summer if I'm well enough to travel. Or should I stay close to the docs?

Hi lo2us.... Don't worry bout the questions. Believe me, I had a lot of questions too. First, Pasta and bread. I don't know how to explain other that they tend to get sticky and ball up. That ball has a problem getting thru the stoma. And I promise it does hurt. Personally, I have a problem swallowing it. It makes my esophagus burn really bad, so I stay away from bread and pasta. Now, don't get me wrong, some people can eat it and it won't bother them. Each of us are different as to what we can and can not eat. I'm glad I can't eat it. It was one of my pre-band monsters.

Now... my first post-op visit was two weeks post. Then, I have had an appointment every 6 weeks. (only 2 visits) The surgery in itself isn't bad. Recovery time is minimumal. I think there are a lot of people go back to work their desk jobs very quickly. I am a stay at home Mom so, I went back to work pretty quickly. lol Just ask the Docs when you go for a visit.

Have a good day!

Hey everybody else..... How are yall?

lisa

I have a 38lb 2 year old, how long before I will be able to pick him up?

Post-op instructions from Wadley says (this is number 10) No lifting of more than 20 lbs for two weeks after sugery. So....? That is gonna be really hard, not being able to pick up your little one.

lisa

Hi, lo2us...believe the "it really hurts" part about the bread...I didn't seem to have trouble with it until after my second fill and about twice is all it took for me to figure out I didn't want bread anymore...it feels like a hard ball in your throat and chest that won't go down and won't come up either...not worth the feeling of getting to eat it so I don't...Pasta hasn't really ever bothered me, but I don't eat it because of the starch in it...I went for my post-op checkup 2 weeks after surgery, then my first fill was 6 weeks and my second fill was 6 weeks and my next checkup it will have been another 6 weeks. Hope this helps...Like Lisa says, everyone is different...you may be able to tolerate more than some of us have, it just depends upon how your body responds to the foods...As for work, I had my surgery on Thursday and went back to school (teaching) the following Monday...No problems at all...got a little tired, but wasn't too bad...NO LIFTING for at least two weeks...then be careful after that...

Hi lo2us. Absolutely no lifting for at least two weeks. It could disrupt your port from the port site. Call and ask Ms. Betty about that and since your toddler is 38 lbs they may restrict you a little longer. Whew! That will be hard with little one. Better be safe than sorry. Ms. Betty is very sweet about telling you things and explaining the why's. I had so many questions one day I decided to drive over there and talk with her. I felt so much better when we were done. That is another reason why I like this thread, because we use the same doc and are under pretty much the same rules of the band. The other threads are helpful but everybody has a far different answer. Sometimes that is confusing. Different doctors ect. and they are soooooo far apart in the post-op and pre-op instructions.

I went back at two weeks, then again at 4 weeks. As a matter of fact I go for the four week Wed. They called today and had to change it from Thurs. to Wed. Then I guess I will see when I have to go back. I'll let you know after my visit. I am only at four weeks so I haven't gotton anything "stuck" yet. I haven't tried meats or raw fruits and veggies. Just soft stuff for the most part. You will need to have plenty of Soup handy. If it is thick or creamy you will have to thin it for the first two weeks. I drank a lot of broth. They will give you all that info when you go in and set your date ect. Have you done any of the pre-op testing? It is nice to get that out of the way too. Like the sleep study, maybe a psych evaluation. My friend got to skip that because she didn't have insurance. I had to do it. We will be glad to answer any questions, no bother. Good luck on getting your date doon.

Hi girls!!!

Sorry for interrupting.

Do you know if anybody from El Paso is here??? I will like to attend a support group.

Elpasso is a long ways from Texarkana. But I guess there is a possibility. You might want to check the regular Texas forum and you might find someone from there. We have a support group that meets in Texarkana TX once a month. They post it on noscales.com, You are welcome to come if you are in the neighborhood.

I'm really excited about having this lapband procedure done.I'm so tired of stuggling with my weight.over the last 2 years i put on an additonal 40 ponds due to childbirth.I'm now 242. I would be able to except the extra pounds if my baby would of lived. I still look pregnant. Like so many others im also having problems with my insurance. Im getting alittle depressed but im keeping the faith,God has his way of working things out.I been though the process getting aproved is my hold-up.please help.CONGRAGILATINS TO ALL OF YOU ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS.

Lisaransom1.... I am sooo sorry to hear about your loss. You are right, God has his own agenda and things will work out for the best. Dealing with insurance can be hard, but stay with it. Don't give up. I almost did and when I decided to try one more time, it was approved. Keep calling your insurance company. Ask them what else they need. Ask what else you can do to get it approved. Be persistant. (I pestered mine every day) And welcome aboard. Don't be shy, if you have questions, we will try our best to answer them. Right girls??? lol Boy, I'm bossy this morning.

Prayers for you, Lisaransom1.

lisa