Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

I know I haven't posted in a while, everything is going great here.

I thought I would post my 2 cents on Dr. H. I gained 12 lbs after an unfill this summer and was absolutely humilated to go in and "face the music." My bp was up and I got upset on the PA when she mentioned my weight gain. I asked to ask Dr. H to give me a couple of minutes because I was so embarassed. When he came in and we talked, I thought he was OVERLY almost hateful when lecturing me on my failuer...especially since I was noticably upset. I just sobbed until he was finished talking and got up and left. I have not seen him since. I really hope it was just a bad day on his part because I don't easily cry unless I'm ashamed of myself. I hope that if I see him again I can voice my disappointment in being scolded like a child by someone I paid $15000 to help me. I think he could have encouraged me and tell me tomorrows a new day. The last 2 times I've been my bp has been high because I worry I will have to see him again, and this time I KNOW I won't cry...I might just do some scolding myself!

Edited by lo2us

Thanks for the messages, I appreciate them. I hope that didn't come across to harsh. I've just had strong feelings lately about that visit, and I hate feeling apprehensive about going to my fills. I feel like what we post on here should be honest and forthright and that was my experience. No trouble the past two times I've been. I was disappointed in myself and I guess that was the worst part that day.

I still highly recommend the procedure and our doctors to anyone who realizes what all it entails. They've changed my life for the better and I'm glad I found them. It was worth every penny I've spent even if I don't lose another lb. Though, the $15000 loan I'm paying off smarts a bit at the end of every month when things are tight at our house.

You know what? I lost that darned 12lbs and I think about 5 more since then anyway!

That is GREAT! (about the loss)

i think people should be honest and if i am not mistaken, that is what a support group is here for. and it is great to be able to vent to someone who understands.

i got my second fill on tuesday and i feel i finally got some restriction. :eek: this is hard work for sure. i am realizing that i am still responsable for what i put in my mouth. my band won't do that for me :thumbup:

but it sure feels good not to be so HUNGRY!! i didn't realize before the band that it would take so long to get my hunger under control. its been hard.

i keep telling myself, i didn't gain this weight in a few months and it is not going to fall off in a few months. i never was good with patience :w00t:

have a great day everyone!

oh and i had lost 7 pds for the month. :eek:

well, i guess this is just my week to complain...1st the flipped port and now i had bad reports from my family dr. visit on tues. I have hypothyroid disease and anemia so i go see Dr. Lila Pappas about every 4-5 months...I love her by the way!!! She's awesome and keeps up with my health very well. My thyroid levels were still too high so she's increased my synthroid from 250 to 275 and my Iron levels were even lower than my last visit in may so i've got to get back on my liquid iron. I was supposed to be taking that but it's so horrible!!!! I feel like i'm drinking blood! I've come to realize that it's not going to be possible for me to eat enough iron rich foods to not have to take a supplement so i'm trying to find a pill that is smaller than what I have. I think i might be able to swallow one if it's not the size of my big toe!

Then the nurse tells me that my alkaline phosphate levels are elevated and wants to retest in 2 months... but isn't sure what that means....she asks someone and they said it can mean a fatty liver....but i know it's not that because after my surgery dr. keilin said that I didn't have fatty organs and that she was very surprised to see that.

So, being the internet junkie that i am i googled it and was disappointed to see that it could be gallbladder problems, fatty liver or pregnancy! Don't want any of that at the moment!

sorry about the long post...just needed to get some stuff off my chest!!!

peri

well bless your heart peri. i sure hope you get staightened out soon.

oh and the pg thingy. i kind of giggled when i read that because everytime i lost weight i came up pg! before i had that taken care of. :eek:

(i had three) just teasing you, they never came at a good time for me.:eek:

have you been taken your Vitamins since your band? (just curious)

i really hope your health improves for you soon.

susan

Gosh, I'm so excited about everyone's weight loss. Hope when I go for a fill Monday (hope they let me have one. I haven't been since August) I have lost some. My clothes reflect it, but the scales say different, maybe it's inches.

Peri, sorry to hear about the health issues and my prayer is that things began to get better with time. I sort of giggled like Malteslover when I saw the pregnant thing:smile:, I looked at your age and said, "sure she's still in her childbearing age". But I sure won't wish that on you.:eek:

Did anyone go to this month's mtg? I went on "noscales" and they have not posted anything since July '08.

Hope eveyone is enjoying this cool weather, I am and hope at the same time my electric bill will go low. We don't like heat that much so my gas bill will be low.

thanks for the replies....i'm feeling much better today....took a pg test and it's negative which is so strange for me to be happy about because we've been trying for the last 4 years! But i don't want to be right now because then i couldn't get my port fixed!!! too many emotions...

anyway i found an Iron pill today at Walmart that looked small enough for me to take so i'll try that tomorrow and see how it works for me. Well, i gotta go my husband asked me if i wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse and of course i do..i've gotta eat that steak for my iron!!!!!

Hi, Hippmom!

Have you heard from Lisa? I miss her on here but I really understand.

Are you still exercising? I think I'm burning myself out, but I mudgle on.:smile:

Hi, Hippmom!

Have you heard from Lisa? I miss her on here but I really understand.

Are you still exercising? I think I'm burning myself out, but I mudgle on.:smile:

Take care.

glo

i saw lisa at wallyworld last week!!! she looks great, but is discouraged at no weight loss on the scales, i think she needs a fill, cut she is over a year out and now has to pay what ins. doesn't pay that makes you think twice about getting one and then have to have it removed!!

she was on the trail on a couple of promising jobs and i haven't heard if she took one of the jobs.

I understand. I don't know if I have to pay a co-pay when I go in Monday cause I'm a yr out, too.

If you see her again, please tell her hello and I miss her bubbley personailty on here.

Hope everyone have a good weekend. It is so pretty. I love fall/winter.

Hey everyone... I had my surgery yesterday! I am really sore in mid section, but so far no gas. Is that normal? Also, the compression tights keep rolling down. I really need to change to "tall' but our surgery equipment place is closed today. i will probably buy more. Anyways, just wanted to let you guys know- it went well and I feel okay. I will post more another time. Have a beautiful day! :thumbup:

Yeah! Likebefore....i'm so glad things are going good for you! I understand about the tights...mine rolled down all the time and the 2 weeks i had to wear them made me crazy! But you'll get through it...i hope you can get some taller ones..that might make things better. It's great your not having gas! Just keep walking and you'll do great!