Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

What week are you?

What week are you?

Out of surgery. Doing pretty good. Walked the hall twice, drank teeny bit and no gas pain yet (knock on wood), Very tired but pain meds are my friend right now :)

My two weeks is tomorrow! Can't wait! What kind of cheese did you have?

People on the forums kept saying how they threw up eggs. I really hope I don't have that expierience as I'm limited to foods as is especially since I don't like cooked veggies or fish!! I'm so excited to try food tomorrow and I just keep praying it agrees with me

I hate fish! Tonight I made some and thought it smelled good and I tried it....OMG it was so good!

I took cod fillets(more brick looking kind that I buy frozen) mixed freshly grated asiago cheese and mixed with lemon/pepper, cayenne pepper (dash), smoke paprika, garlic and fresh ground pepper and then on the dry fillets I rubbed a tad of olive oil and then topped with the cheese mixture and baked at 350º for 30 min. DELICIOUS

And everyone loved it

I too can drink a lot. I'm not sure about that cup amount but I can do btwn 1/4-1/2 depending on what it is. I am 2 weeks today

Same here I can easily drink 96+ oz per day. That's what I had in Water alone yesterday.

Same here I can easily drink 96+ oz per day. That's what I had in Water alone yesterday.

Yeah that is a lot! I don't drink that much at home but I will at work during a 12 hr period. It can't hurt (:

Yeah that is a lot! I don't drink that much at home but I will at work during a 12 hr period. It can't hurt (:

Ok I am 7 days post OP and I want some refried Beans damn it! These liquids are driving me looney tunes and if I don't get some sustenance soon I will surely die....ugh...sorry for the vent but I want to eat something! I'm not starved.I don't want Cookies or cake or anything bad...simply want some warm soft food and these liquids for another week is for the birds! Help

Heck I would get it, don't get to much, my dr told me if you are tolerating fluids wells you can move to the next step, so I would try some just don't over do it, very small small small bites....thats what I did. My sugar keep dropping i would drink my shakes but it would still drop, so i figure it is time for some vittles. So I scrambled me some soft eggs and had my way with them.....lol best thing i ever done, felt weird at first but it has helped keep my sugar stabilized.

My two weeks is tomorrow! Can't wait! What kind of cheese did you have?

I had about a quarter slice of American cheese and a wet scrambled egg. It took me about 20 minutes to eat. Couldn't finish it all. It was glorious! Earlier I had 3/4 oz of cheddar. The little individually wrapped ones (Land o Lakes). I nibbled it like a mouse. Took about 10 minutes to eat. Have to gauge your fullness. I just made tuna salad for lunch tomorrow. Just light mayo and tuna. Can't wait to eat it!

eggs were one of the first things I ate. Delicious and I had no problem. At first I could only eat half an egg but I am 24 days out and I can now eat a whole egg.

People on the forums kept saying how they threw up eggs. I really hope I don't have that expierience as I'm limited to foods as is especially since I don't like cooked veggies or fish!! I'm so excited to try food tomorrow and I just keep praying it agrees with me

DivaNurse and Susan, I'm so sorry to hear about all you've been going through. I pray that things just continue to get better from here.

Thank God DivaNurse that you made it out ok. I will continue to pray for your speedy recovery.

One of our biggest fears are leaks or some unforeseen medical emergency.

Continue to keep us posted on your progress. It's so hard being the patient when we are so accustomed to being the caregiver.

Thank you so much Sweet....I will tell you I am feeling better, the only thing is my throat is not wanted to cooperate still sometimes burning a bit and not really sure what to do about it. I find that I have become easily winded with some normal everyday functions, I fear I might have to make an appt with a Pulmonologist. My sugar keeping dropping, so I made an executive decision and started eating me some soft foods. I drink my shakes and my sugar would rise but after about 10 minutes and finishing the shakes sugar drops again. Not sure why I dont have Peanut Butter in my house that isn't crucnchy, but the peanut butter wasn't working any where that was I our go to in the hospital. So decided it was time to eat. I was supposed to wait til tomorrow at my post op appt but couldn't stand how i was feeling. So yesterday my fist meal scrambled eggs with a little low fat mozarella cheese (not doing that again) and chopped some of the chicken i braised earlier. It was okay my eggs got cold so the cheese seized so know more cheese. today I I had some more of the chicken, (that 1 chicken breast will last me for days....lol) had some sour cream and made a sauce with it, added a little fresh minced garlic a little salt and pepper could have used with a bit of acidity but all and all pretty good. For dinner eggs again without the cheese, with a couple of chicken vienna sausage and some of the sour cream sauce i made earlier. The sauce helps keep everything wet. Will be shopping more tomorrow, and creating more sauces to keep everything nice and moist. Gonna try some Carb Master Greek Yogurt and Cottage Cheese....

It is interesting reading with some can and can not have. I am not allowed any fruits or veggies til I am 2 months outs. Only Low Carb Greek Yogurt also..........I don't puree anything I was going to even brought a blender to do so, but I have pretty good knife skills and know how to keep it moist so I went that route. I guess every program is a bit different...Also no carbs til 6months out and then only adding certain whole grains 1 at a time. They gave us this wonderful binder with everything imaginable in it regarding your sleeve before during and way way after. The follow you for the next five years you are their patient, i love that

Ok. So I am a little scared. I can drink whatever I want want with no or very little discomfort. Soups are easy and don't bother me. I am a week out and yesterday cheated with my liquids by having some crackers. I am worried that I am doing to well and something is wrong. Maybe it is just nothing but I listen to everyone else and the issues and think that I might be missing something. I get a little heartburn but I can't complain one bit. I see my doc tomorrow for a follow up. I am supposed to be on liquids for 2 weeks then purée for 2 weeks and then soft for 2 weeks. I am scared that since nothing is bothering me that I am going to lose control move too fast and hurt something. Sorry for rambling. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I understand. I have been doing so well I skipped purée stage and doctor put me on soft food after 10 days. Digestive system working excellent, no pain since surgery, and I feel great. Crackers and cheese is my new favorite, nice to have something crunchy that dissolves when you chew it. Your body will keep you in check, I ate something a little too fast and it came back up. I can only do about 1-2 tbsp of food before I feel full. Hope this helps.