Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

Oh man...I took the dog for a walk this morning' date=' bent over to pick up her um poop and man oh man..very sharp pain on my right side when I stood back up. Was in pain for a bit but now gone..watch out for those internal stitches stretching :([/quote']

Seriously I know what you mean. I was bending down today and tonight I had to put my stomach band on. I notice if I point my leg out of the side from where my side is sore it helps the pain to subside like its stretching it. Point the leg out on the diagonal. Also is you have to bend have your body so the same with the leg like your are doing a dancers tondue. Helps from pulling

Thank you so much Sweet....I will tell you I am feeling better' date=' the only thing is my throat is not wanted to cooperate still sometimes burning a bit and not really sure what to do about it. I find that I have become easily winded with some normal everyday functions, I fear I might have to make an appt with a Pulmonologist. My sugar keeping dropping, so I made an executive decision and started eating me some soft foods. I drink my shakes and my sugar would rise but after about 10 minutes and finishing the shakes sugar drops again. Not sure why I dont have Peanut Butter in my house that isn't crucnchy, but the peanut butter wasn't working any where that was I our go to in the hospital. So decided it was time to eat. I was supposed to wait til tomorrow at my post op appt but couldn't stand how i was feeling. So yesterday my fist meal scrambled eggs with a little low fat mozarella cheese (not doing that again) and chopped some of the chicken i braised earlier. It was okay my eggs got cold so the cheese seized so know more cheese. today I I had some more of the chicken, (that 1 chicken breast will last me for days....lol) had some sour cream and made a sauce with it, added a little fresh minced garlic a little salt and pepper could have used with a bit of acidity but all and all pretty good. For dinner eggs again without the cheese, with a couple of chicken vienna sausage and some of the sour cream sauce i made earlier. The sauce helps keep everything wet. Will be shopping more tomorrow, and creating more sauces to keep everything nice and moist. Gonna try some Carb Master Greek Yogurt and Cottage Cheese....[/quote']

I am so glad you are doing better. I am keeping you in prayer! I am 9 days out and have had some mushy foods. Tolerating today but yesterday I did not want anything to eat, I just was not hungry. I went to massage therapist for the pain in my back and took it easy all day today and it is a little better. I have done pretty well with Protein Drinks and my husband blended me some cottage cheese (which I do not like) but he put some pineapple in it and pureed it and I ate about 4 oz. And I will add as something I can tolerate.

Take care

It is interesting reading with some can and can not have. I am not allowed any fruits or veggies til I am 2 months outs. Only Low Carb Greek Yogurt also..........I don't puree anything I was going to even brought a blender to do so' date=' but I have pretty good knife skills and know how to keep it moist so I went that route. I guess every program is a bit different...Also no carbs til 6months out and then only adding certain whole grains 1 at a time. They gave us this wonderful binder with everything imaginable in it regarding your sleeve before during and way way after. The follow you for the next five years you are their patient, i love that[/quote']

Awesome! I have a notebook for my program as well. The hospital has a bariatric program and it spells it out very well. I see my doctor 3/26for 5 week check. So far I have lost about 16 lbs. it feels great to be on the losers side!

Step I am gonna try some cottage cheese but i am gonna put a savory component to it and try it.....I can't really have any pineapples well no fruits at all til 2 months out

Another things my pots and pans are just to big. Biglot has a line a little pots, I am single and live alone so perfect for me. I will post a pic of my little play cooking set tomorrow....lol

I was sleeved o n Feb. 25th. I got to go home last night. I don't feel as if I was ready to go home. I'm still in a lot of pain. I have been walking and taking gas X but the gas pain will not away. I'm unable to release gas. I can't even sip Water without feeling pain and discomfort. I'm afraid of not getting my fluids. Is this normal?

Sit up , walk around. Don't worry you will get better in a day or two. I was the same way. I didn't fully drink sips of crystal lite until four days after surgery

Hi all, I am home from the hospital...2 days post and i am very lightheaded and weak is that normal?

Hello! Time for me to join this thread. Drinking some Premier Protein shake right now' date=' 4oz. So far today, I've eaten:

4oz Protein Shake

2oz cream of chicken Soup

2oz SF pudding

4oz Protein shake

Water

Haven't felt hungry yet. :wub: My husband is eating buffalo chicken bites and it smells good, and I'd love to have some, but it's not making me actually hungry at all![/quote']

Just think buffalo chicken bites will make you fat! Lol you are doing good! Keep it up

I guess I should consider myself lucky' date=' as I can drink an 11oz protien shake in one sitting (during the span of 20 mins). I am also able to eat a cup of non-fat yogurt in the same amount of time. Between yougurt and shakes, I sip on Water. I no longer suffer from gas pain, though I can still feel it. Im making sure to get in as much walking as possible. Tomorrow is one week post-op. Looking forward to eating real food.[/quote']

When can you eat puréed foods? In another week?

For those of you who can drink more at a time here is a nice Protein Drink that reminds me of iced coffee:

1 1/2 tbsp instant Decaf coffee

1/4 c s/f Creamer (I used caramel miachiatto (sp)

1 scoop Protein (called for chocolate, I used vanilla)

1 packet truvia or sweetner

8 oz Water (that's what I use for my protein drinks***recipe called for skim milk)

And 8-10 ice cubes

It made 12 oz of drink.

I'm sure you can change up quantities

Hi again!

Sleeved on the 27th. I thought I would be sleeved around 5pm but they came in around 1:30 or so and were like, let's go! Haha i was shocked and felt immediately nervous. A few tears leaked down as they wheeled me into the operating room. Put myself onto the table, they hooked me up and i was glad they gave no warning about being put to asleep. Just remember my face going hot and then woke up i guess in the icu. Definitely felt pain. Ugh! Was transported to my room and my legs got wrapped around the machine to pump them. Woke up around 5 pm.

Later on they gave me some pain shots, and unfortunately my stomach hated that. Was vomiting foam after every shot. My fiancé finally made it around 9 pm and took care of me. Finally went home on Thursday.

Wasn't allowed to walk much the first day and couldn't really the next day because of how tired i was.

I've been trying to figure out how much i can actually drink without vomiting. Home now and just taking it slow. Day 3 and not much pain. sleeping on and off. I begin work on Monday so I'm trying to rest as i can.

I really can't believe I did it! Crazy that it's done!!

Good luck everyone with trying to adjust!

I went to my first follow up appointment today. We had a nutrition class and we learned what we could eat. So today I ate a scrambled egg. Took me awhile and I felt full after but I was so happy. I got sleeved on 2/19 and had been on Clear Liquids since then. My surgeon doesn't do purées. The NUT even said that was gross and not appealing to people. So we are at the semi-solid stage. I get to eat eggs, refried Beans, low carb yogurt, low fat cheese, and I can add soft cooked veggies and little bit of canned fruit if its in its own juice or Water. If I do well with these, then I can start adding more foods. Yay!!

Forgot to mention I have no problem with Water intake. I asked the NUT about it and she said if I was a big Fluid drinker before. I told her yes if you count diet coke. She said that's why I can drink so much water now. I'm drinking about 5+ water bottle a day.

Day 3 post op for me. So far I can do small sips of clear liquids. Today I move to full liquids (protein shakes, soymilk, strained creamed low-fat soups). When does that awful feeling when the liquid hits your stomach go away? It feels like gas and your food are competing for the same space. Ouch!!

Day 3 post op for me. So far I can do small sips of clear liquids. Today I move to full liquids (protein shakes' date=' soymilk, strained creamed low-fat soups). When does that awful feeling when the liquid hits your stomach go away? It feels like gas and your food are competing for the same space. Ouch!![/quote']

I remember that feeling. And yes they are. I would drink Water and as the water was going down the gas came up. I think by Day 5 everything starts getting better. And each day is an improvement.