Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FEBRUARY SLEEVERS 2013....how you doing after you've been Sleeved

I was sleeved the 19th. I was great in the hospital. Came home day after surgery. I was walking a lot. Then I started having trouble getting enough liquid. I was on full liquids. I was having pain with every swallow. Ended up in ER on the 26th dehydrated. They had trouble getting an IV started. Finally got it & pumped a whole bag in in an hour. All the blood work was fine so they sent me home. Dr said to move to soft stage and use a straw. I also take gas X with every meal. Doing better with this. I don't know but maybe because my stomach empties slow may have something to do with it. On the positive, I lost 11 pounds in one week!!!! Now if I could just go to the bathroom I think I will begin losing again!

Hello! I was sleeved on the 25th 4 days ago and I had been doing great up until today! :(

Today I woke up very very sore and started having diarrhea! A lot of it and it hurts to be getting up and down so often!

Any suggestions?

I remember that feeling. And yes they are. I would drink Water and as the water was going down the gas came up. I think by Day 5 everything starts getting better. And each day is an improvement.

Thanks Susie. Each day has been an improvement. I truly appreciate your encouragement

Hello! I was sleeved on the 25th 4 days ago and I had been doing great up until today! :(

Today I woke up very very sore and started having diarrhea! A lot of it and it hurts to be getting up and down so often!

Any suggestions?

I had diarrhea too but it didn't last long. Are you still on pain meds? Maybe just take it until the pain subsides and just relax for a day or so and try to increase Fluid intake as your loosing fluid through the loose stools

I had diarrhea too but it didn't last long. Are you still on pain meds? Maybe just take it until the pain subsides and just relax for a day or so and try to increase Fluid intake as your loosing fluid through the loose stools

Yes I'm still on the pain med but only when I really need it. I usually only have 1 dose a day. It's a very small dose of hydrocodone. I'm trying to drink more so we shall see! Thanks!

Yes I'm still on the pain med but only when I really need it. I usually only have 1 dose a day. It's a very small dose of hydrocodone. I'm trying to drink more so we shall see! Thanks!

Maybe instead of only one dose a day break it in half and then take it 2 x a day that way? Just lay low for a few days. Hope you feel better soon!

Day 3 post op for me. So far I can do small sips of Clear Liquids. Today I move to full liquids (protein shakes' date=' soymilk, strained creamed low-fat soups). When does that awful feeling when the liquid hits your stomach go away? It feels like gas and your food are competing for the same space. Ouch!![/quote']

I was sleeved on Monday the 25th. I'm going through the same thing. I started dry heaving after I took medicine. Sipping Water and tea hurts like crazy. sugar free popsicles are the only thing i can tolerate right now. Hopefully when the gas gets better things will go down better.

Question...I am on the mushy diet. Am I now not eating and drinking at the same time or is that when I move to regular food?

Question...I am on the mushy diet. Am I now not eating and drinking at the same time or is that when I move to regular food?

Do not drink for 10 minutes before you eat... Do not drink till at lease 30 minutes after mushy or real food ... Some doctor's say even longer this is what mine has me doing

Anyone else feel really sick 3 weeks after surgery? I feel like I have a UTI in my colon. I know this is a bit TMI but I don't really know what else to do? I've gone to my dr and they did a X-ray, nothing is wrong with the sleeve itself. I took the anti nausea stuf today and that helped a little, but I still feel sick all the time. I'm having some buyers remorse. Help...

Do not drink for 10 minutes before you eat... Do not drink till at lease 30 minutes after mushy or real food ... Some doctor's say even longer this is what mine has me doing

My doc says 30-20-30. Of course it didn't matter when I was on liquids.

Everyone is different. I wait 30 min before and after before I drink.

Anyone else feel really sick 3 weeks after surgery? I feel like I have a UTI in my colon. I know this is a bit TMI but I don't really know what else to do? I've gone to my dr and they did a X-ray' date=' nothing is wrong with the sleeve itself. I took the anti nausea stuf today and that helped a little, but I still feel sick all the time. I'm having some buyers remorse. Help...[/quote']

I'm not sure I'm 2 weeks out and I'm not having any trouble with that.

Are you having loose stool? No stool? Is your Dr the surgeon?

I'm sorry your not feeling well :(

I am 9 days post op and eating thick liquids, yogurt, Soup, pudding, sweet potatoes. The last two days I get a pain mid chest when eating, is this heartburn or acid? Anyone experienced this? It is definitely above my stomach