Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm on day 20 and experiencing some issues.

First, I haven't really lost weight in 9 or 10 days regardless of the fact that I am eating about 600-800 calories a day and getting plenty of activity.

Also, Constipation has been more of an issue than I thought it would be. I've taken a few doses of Milk of Mag and that does the trick but I don't want to be laxative dependent How soon are Fiber supplements advisable? Anyone know of any that wont make you bloated and gassy? Also, I came down with a urinary tract infection that I am sort of self medicating but I am wondering if I am somehow not getting enough fluids? I am drinking more than I did prior to surgery so it could just be a coincidence, I don't know. Overall not feeling well. Up until about two days ago I was doing fantastic, but then I hit a wall and I am tired, a little bit sick, and sort of cranky about not seeing any movement on the scale.

So I guess I am asking annoying question about stalls but I kind of want to know how often I should expect them? I am not exactly surprised at this one because I did lose ALMOST 30 pounds in a month or so I expected this was coming. I have been told that they can happen every 30 pounds? Is that what most people experience or does it just sort of vary? I know the vets of this site probably get sick of questions about stalls and I can assure you that I used the search function before asking this but I just don't find our search function to be very good, I can never really find what I am looking for with it, unfortunately so please forgive me.

EDIT: I just wanted to add, I was thinking of fasting today before my weigh in tomorrow (that is a sampling of the crazy stuff I used to do) but decided against that. I am going to keep steady with my dietary intake as my doctor has told me regardless of the fact that I have not seen any weight loss but it's definitely getting in my head a little bit. I can't believe I was thinking about fasting again.

Ah the 3 week point! Yes you are right on track nurse grace and you know why all of this is happening. But I know from experience it doesn't make it easier :( I think you are right about the urinary tract thing a girl that went in the same day with me seems to be getting those and she does not take in enough fluids.. So I hope it helps!

Constipation, is something that is a problem for all of us!

Some people take the Fiber gummies and say it helps.. But I don't . I have been putting Miralax crystals in my mio Water to help. And once you get a little further out your veggies will help!

Hang in there I definitely have had cranky days you just have to ride them out and know its normal and will get better!

Oh and the stall! Yes don't fast !!!

I am unbelievably cranky today. I fell asleep nauseated (not sure why) and it seems to have put me in a FUNK lol.

In the beginning I would be nauseated some days and feel fine the next...

You are only 3 weeks out I remember it wasn't unit a month that I STARTED to feel semi normal. And I have spent my fair share time in bed in the first couple of months in bed cranky depressed. Sometimes well maybe most times it was because of slow weight loss..

I try really hard now not to feel sad about it. And

sometimes it's hard especially when you read on this forum that someone had surgery the same day as you writes "yay I lost 80 pounds so far" hate them!! :)

But what you need to do is is drag your grumpy butt out of bed and put on something that was too small a couple of weeks ago and enjoy the feeling. I know easier said than done in that moment of sadness...

NurseGrace I sooooo feel your grumpiness . I have been at a stall for 11 days now . And I'm only approaching 3 weeks . Very frustrating . I just took 2 laxatives this am ( thank goodness I am off from work today )Even though I don't have pain but intermittent nausea still there . So I guess we are on the norm end of things ... I thought the weight was going to just full right off . I know it's struggle regardless. And the weather here in nj is blah , so that doesn't help. I tried to pull the covers over my head yesterday I wanted the day just to go by. My kids were not taking that for an answer . So luckily, my husband took them sleigh riding , I called my friend and we went to the movies ... I just needed to do something for me . It helped ease the pain when the damn scale didn't move today. Lol it has to move eventually ..

yeah I'm not even so upset about the scale as I am about just generally feeling so crappy. I had been feeling GREAT up until about two days ago. I had not once been nauseated except for right out of surgery so I dont know if this is a touch of the flu or what. My husband wasn't feeling well yesterday either.

After the surgery I lost for two weeks then stalled completely for two weeks, then lost for two weeks again. I would not be surprised it that is a pattern for me, basically following my period (stop losing while ovulating, lose several pounds while on my period.)

It seems like everyone has different patten, and the stalls are discouraging no matter when and how often they come. I love the fact that I can't get discouraged and eat half a cheesecake now, though.

I am five days out of surgery. I am gasey and sick feeling all the time. I am craving solid foods and it seems now my whole life is about food.????

Regarding the Constipation, after one awful episode where I literally had cold sweats and was nauseaus for hours, I am really careful to avoid it now by making sure that I eat at least half a cup of lentils every day. High in both Protein and fiber. Combined with enough liquids (make sure i have at least 60 oz), they seem to be enough.