Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I am almost 8 weeks out, and at my appointment this last week I found out I probably have an ulcer. Dr. Is 90% sure that I have one. So I am now on ulcer Meds, which are helping so obviously I do. Anyone else had this happen? Nothing that I eat causes pain or upsets my stomach, but liquid anything still does (water, Protein shakes etc). Because of this my weight loss has been on the slower side, judging by what I have seen here in the past few years researching. Also looking at others who had surgery at the same time, I am losing slower. I am okay with that, but I know that if I could get all my liquids & Protein in I would be helping out the cause. Any recos on what I can do to speed it up with an ulcer??

Surgery date 12-20

Pro op diet loss 14

Post op loss 24

Beginning weight 253

Current weight 213

liquids about 30/40 oz a day

Protein 50-70 a day.

Carbs about 50 a day

To those of you who have had ulcers or who are a ways into this... What high protein foods went down easiest? I need sort of bland stuff to let my ulcer heal. I've done lots of cottage cheese, string cheese, cupcake bites, Protein Bars, Protein Shakes, Greek yogurt. Some of it is getting old.

So I am almost 8 weeks out, and at my appointment this last week I found out I probably have an ulcer. Dr. Is 90% sure that I have one. So I am now on ulcer Meds, which are helping so obviously I do. Anyone else had this happen? Nothing that I eat causes pain or upsets my stomach, but liquid anything still does (water, Protein shakes etc). Because of this my weight loss has been on the slower side, judging by what I have seen here in the past few years researching. Also looking at others who had surgery at the same time, I am losing slower. I am okay with that, but I know that if I could get all my liquids & Protein in I would be helping out the cause. Any recos on what I can do to speed it up with an ulcer??

Surgery date 12-20

Pro op diet loss 14

Post op loss 24

Beginning weight 253

Current weight 213

Liquids about 30/40 oz a day

Protein 50-70 a day.

Carbs about 50 a day

To those of you who have had ulcers or who are a ways into this... What high protein foods went down easiest? I need sort of bland stuff to let my ulcer heal. I've done lots of cottage cheese, string cheese, cupcake bites, Protein Bars, Protein Shakes, Greek yogurt. Some of it is getting old.

I think I may have an ulcer as well. What were your symptoms? What did the doc prescribe for you?

Did anyone post opt get oral thrush. I am positive I have it. I have a white coating on my tongue. Won't brush off with toothpaste or mouth wash. Going to call the Dr. in the a.m.

I think I may have an ulcer as well. What were your symptoms? What did the doc prescribe for you?

So Water and liquid just sit really uncomfortably. Like literally it hurts and makes it feel like I have air bloating my sleeve. About an hour after I eat, maybe two, I am seriously hungry like I could eat a whole cow. Sometimes I am sick to my stomach, but it is mainly just a painful hunger feeling. I have no choice but to eat something, and then I feel better. It's slowly going away with the Meds.