Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't be jealous because I know I will hit a road bump in the future, but so far it has been easy

Yep, you read that right. I really haven't run into any real problems.

I am 1.5 weeks out from Surgery and things have been smooth.

-- No major pain after surgery, other than my wrist arm swelling from the vein they blew -- still hurts

-- No major gas pain

-- No nausea

-- No close calls with throwing up

-- Able to drink fluids relatively easily, albeit slowly

-- Moved to full liquids per my Dr's plan easily

-- I am getting 60+ grams of Protein, and close to the 64 oz of Fluid (remembering to sip Water and waiting the 30+ minutes after is annoying)

-- Since moving to full liquids, I am been getting 600 to 700 calories in, is that too much?

-- Finally lost the Water weight gain plus, and an additional 4.2 lbs since the surgery for a total of nearly 12 lbs

-- Traveled to my client site and worked pretty much my same routine of super fulls days, i.e, 10+ hours (yes, I did crash as soon as I got back to the hotel)

Now, for the minor complaint, when will my wrist along the vein stop hurting? It hurts to stretch the arm out and to touch it.

OK, I know I will hit a stall, I am thinking moving to more solid foods might present a problem, I just know I will hit a road bump at some point and will be on here asking for help. But, until then, pre-op patients, please know that the ride can be smooth. I know so far I have been one of the lucky ones. Thank you to who ever is watching out for me, I really appreciate it.

Mary

I am happy that it is going well for you!

The problem in your wrist, from the IV's?

Good for you! I never had any problems, either. Quite thankful for that since I still don't know if my PCP or insurance would deal with any complications.

I posted when I was still in hospital that I was feeling a euphoria and was it ok. LOL I have finally had a few weepy moments but otherwise feeling ok. I am not as far out as you but I will hope to follow in such positive steps! I think it is practical to assume a bump will come but hold on to these moments and you have something to help you through.

Whoa.. You sound EXACTLY like my experience...even the IV blow out! My arm took over a month to turn back to normal. I ended up with phebitis ( because I always seem to have vein issues) I went to my PCP and he did the antibiotic and topical anti- inflammatory gel route. Almost two months out and it still has tender spots, but I'm fine.

I am happy that it is going well for you!

The problem in your wrist, from the IV's?

Yep, from when they were pushing the meds through, especially the last time it blew it out.

Whoa.. You sound EXACTLY like my experience...even the IV blow out! My arm took over a month to turn back to normal. I ended up with phebitis ( because I always seem to have vein issues) I went to my PCP and he did the antibiotic and topical anti- inflammatory gel route. Almost two months out and it still has tender spots, but I'm fine.

I am glad to hear others are there that are having positive experiences. Weird we are both having the vein issues. One of my brothers is a Dr. (anthesiologist). He asked me a bunch of questions and then told me if I feel numbness / tingling to call him ASAP. But, he thinks it will be fine.

Mary

I have very weak veins so this was the second one that blew during this hospitalization. When the second one happened it was in the middle of the night so I just took the IV out myself and that one didn't get inflamed. The first one they waited on and that gave me trouble.

Yep, you read that right. I really haven't run into any real problems.

I am 1.5 weeks out from Surgery and things have been smooth.

-- No major pain after surgery, other than my wrist arm swelling from the vein they blew -- still hurts

-- No major gas pain

-- No nausea

-- No close calls with throwing up

-- Able to drink fluids relatively easily, albeit slowly

-- Moved to full liquids per my Dr's plan easily

-- I am getting 60+ grams of Protein, and close to the 64 oz of Fluid (remembering to sip Water and waiting the 30+ minutes after is annoying)

-- Since moving to full liquids, I am been getting 600 to 700 calories in, is that too much?

-- Finally lost the Water weight gain plus, and an additional 4.2 lbs since the surgery for a total of nearly 12 lbs

-- Traveled to my client site and worked pretty much my same routine of super fulls days, i.e, 10+ hours (yes, I did crash as soon as I got back to the hotel)

Now, for the minor complaint, when will my wrist along the vein stop hurting? It hurts to stretch the arm out and to touch it.

OK, I know I will hit a stall, I am thinking moving to more solid foods might present a problem, I just know I will hit a road bump at some point and will be on here asking for help. But, until then, pre-op patients, please know that the ride can be smooth. I know so far I have been one of the lucky ones. Thank you to who ever is watching out for me, I really appreciate it.

Mary

SOOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! :)

Congrats on everything going so well!! I hope the future stays the same for you!

That's great! Glad the return to work is going well too.