Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my surgery Date - December bandster

I just got my surgery date: December 14. I am excited and nervous and disappointed all at the same time. Excited and nervous are self explanatory. But disappointed because our corporate holiday party is December 16. I don't think I'll feel up to going to the party. I just bought a dress and everything. Oh well.

December 14, my life will change. I have 1 month to get myself mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually prepared for the procedure.

I'm excited for us ALL!

Nathalie

I am also having my lapband surgery on Dec.11, and I am excited myself. I would love to keep chatting with anyone that is having theres on the same date, just keep in touch and have someone else to talk with before and after to make sure everthing went o.k. with the both of us. I will go Dec. 1, to complete paperwork and have it on Dec.11. Good Luck and weigh to go!:clap2:

Prinmalik - we will have to keep in touch. I go in on black friday to talk to the dr one more time and do whatever they are going to do. Then they said I'll meet with a nurse at the hospital on the Friday before the surgery to get my last minute details done. Can you believe how fast this month has gone? Ok so my month has probably flown a little faster with my accident and all the stuff with the insurance, getting a new car... dr visits...trying to catch up at work - well one day a week .. and now Thanksgiving is here and you know after that you blink your eyes and Christmas is here so the 11th will be here before we know it! Christmas shopping is an issue with me this year - I have the broken knee cap so its hard to get around and I get the brace off about the same time I have the band so I'm hoping I feel good enough after the band to do some rush shopping. I'm getting that kinda out of control feeling. I normally have all my shopping done on or close to black friday - this is the first year I'll have missed black friday shopping. Oh well - I'll grab the reins and get control again after the banding.

Yes, this time of the year flys past. I know December 22nd is going to be here before I know it. That liquid diet is going to kill me though. :faint: I start that on December 8th. It is going to be rough.

This sounds gross, but I have been trying to figure out how to devise a Turkey Stuffing Slurry of some sort... lol.

That is my favorite part of this season - stuffing! I will have to get it out of my system on Thanksgiving. ha

Hi all....I am getting my band and new life December 8th....and am so very excited. Ariel, I think we all know where you are coming from.....it is hard to tell people what your plans are because of the perceptions and judgements about people who are fat. I think the best thing that you could do is explain to your dad that this is a well thought out decision of yours that you would like his support, but that is his decision, but that you need him to keep it in the family out of respect for you, his daughter. I have found that most people think wls is the easy way out.....and why can't you just cut down now with out the surgery. I usually tell people.....(especially my parents and mother in law) that the problem isn't losing but keeping the weight off. I have gained and lost so many times like the majority on here, and that if I go to the trouble of losing 100 plus pounds by golly I am doing something permanent! So I will never regain it again. It is so frustrating that people don't get the concept.....we are taking our bodies and lives in control, and want to be healthy and the lap band is the best tool out there ( and the safest) to help in my opinion! Good luck Ariel....I hope all goes well!!! Also I think it would be great if we keep a December group!!! it will help us to help each other! Have a great Thanksgiving everybody! Dawnae

Thanks bevers! I was wondering what everyone here is most afraid of....or worried will be the hardest for them. I am worried about chewing things well enough....I have such a bad habit of eating so fast because of taking care of kids, always in a hurry etc.....I literally inhale.....what about you guys?

I eat very fast too... i will have to think about it with every bite.

I am most worried about the liquid pre-diet... with no help other than sheer will power... Oh, i know I can do it. It is just not going to be fun :-)

I also worry about the surgery itself. I've never had surgery before and that worries my a bit.

As far as being able to lose the weight once I get started. I am good at that. I am just happy that I will finally have a way to keep it off.

I hear ya bevers....I have lost and gained this weight so many times....It would be really intersting if I had kept the totals over the years and seen how many pounds I lost and regained!!!! Good luck with the pre op diet. I only have to do the Clear Liquids for a week....so I am getting to have my last thanksgiving unbanded! I have had surgery before. It is scary, but the worst thing for me is coming out of the anesthsia! The rest I can deal with...you will do great I am sure!

I am so happy I found this board!!! I am scheduled Dec 5th and live in az. i am currently on the PLAN. drinking Protein drinks, sf Jello, sf pudding, broth. YUK! I am on day 4 and its thanksgiving (how bad does that suck) anyway my dr said i could have the turkey, yeah!! so i have turkey, sf cranberry Jello and sf cheescake pudding for dessert! I am excited but feeling a little overwhelmed also, mourning I guess. And of course wondering if Ive made the right decision (i am sure that is normal) my family is supportive except for my mom and she is supportive just scared. I wish you all luck and am looking forward to watching us all loose the weight together.

Julie

Well, mine was in september, i´m very glad with the results, it was of course on Mexico, Tijuana was the location with Dr. Ricardo R. Kelly, i remember i was very nervous at the begining but it was a simple procedure and the Dr. and the people were so nice, they pick me up at the airport and bring me to the hotel, to the people that is not schedule i would recommend Dr. Kelly, the page is www.obesitybusters.com and phone number (619) 793-4869. God luck to the december bandsters.

Charles

How did all of my December girls and guys handle Thanksgiving?

Did you eat like it was your last meal?? Or did you find other creative ways to enjoy your favorites? My liquid diet starts on December 8th. So, fortunately I got to eat whatever I wanted. I kept myself under control though.

Funny thing was, at the end of the meal, I realized there wasn't any of it that i would really miss after my band. It was food, but it wasn't anything incredible... just food. My mind makes food seems so much better that what it really is. :hungry: My mind makes my foods into "super heros" that can make a bad day turn good in a single gulp.

Truth is, the food is never as good as what I think it will be, and it doesn't solve a single problem. I am going to try to keep that thought with me through the next couple of months.

"That food is never as good as I imagine it will be. It can NOT perform miracles!"

Thanksgiving was no big deal. I didn't gorge, I didn't overeat. I guess I want that golden ticket too bad.

Well I go Dec 4 so I am getting close. Thanksgiving has been a little tough. I have eaten things I shouldn't have but haven't gourged either. I have used my Protein Drinks to stave off hunger and that has helped. I go to curves so I've noticed a little change in my musle tonebut no great weight loss. I am just putting one foot in front of the other and hoping for the best. Stay in touch cause I need the support. I would love to get emails from anyone so feel free.:girl_hug:

Hi December bandsters! I had a nice Thanksgiving and I kinda felt the same way as Lap Dancer - I enjoyed my meal, I ate one helping of everything, even a piece of pie but I didn't stuff myself. I went to the doc yesterday (black friday) he has me on my "crash" diet. It isn't as bad as I thought it would be, 2 Protein shakes and one 300 calorie meal - they suggest frozen dinners. I think I can handle that. I'm going to start the diet on Monday which will be 2 weeks before surgery. He was really good about explaining how delicate the liver is and just really put my mind at ease.

I've had several surgeries so I'm not afraid of that - my biggest fear was the liquid diet -

Today I'm not feeling any fear, just excitement. The doc explained about the getting "stuck" which I just couldn't understand when I read about it here but he brought out the band and showed how if you eat a big bite without chewing it can literally get stuck where the band is so they then will unfill you and it should wash down or worst scenario they would have to go down your throat and pull it out. So I will be chewing my food well.

My 20/yr old daughter was with and he had his PA come in and explain the whole concept with her, I think I'm crushing on Dr.Marley. LOL He was just great, relieved all my fears and nerves. I feel very confident that this is the right thing for me. I guess now my fear is that I will be impatient with the rate of losing. He told me that even if its 1 pound a week, thats 50 lbs in a year. Of course in my head I'm hoping on losing 20 lbs the first month and 10/month after that.

But as said before time flies by and before we know it we'll all be back on here posting our before and after pics.