Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

Hi Emily - welcome to the Dec bandsters - glad to have you with us. I'm glad you are doing this for you but sorry to hear of your seperation. Thats hard, but we have some great people on this forum and we're here for ya!

Morning, all! My port site is really sore, but I'm beginning to get my strength back. I was open-banded, so it's taking me a little longer to recoup. I have the eyebrows waxed/dyed and the haircut tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to primping a little. My 1st soft food was smoked viennas and saltine crackers. I totally savored each bite of "meat." My hubby thinks I'm hilarious talking about food the way he would talk about good sex. Should I tell him which I'd rather have or leave it a secret? Ha! Disturbing news! My surgeon from MX, 2005, has been murdered by a competitive dr. who was charging more. This lapband business is only going to get more lucrative for dr's. I think it will be the Phen-phen of the future. That certainly was a miracle drug. Sorry for rambling...Take care!

Kayrn I am glad you are doing well how is those liquids

sweethot I am also craving food mostly mcdonalds but i am not hungry just craving

beversman u are funny you are prob in surgery now good luck and I am thinking of u

okay anyone who is already banded have u took off your tape and bandaids mine are itching like somebody crazy

I will scratch them all the time

Karen! You and me are Band Buddies! I was banded on the 15th as well!! I am still doing the liquids, although I did have a few bites of real food yesterday and it went ok....I'm still a bit too cautious to go to mushies yet. Plus, I'm still not feeling ravenous hunger, although the "Head Hunger" is DEFINITELY there! I'm just ignoring it as best I can!

Emily and Eric, Welcome to the group as well!!

B-Man....I'm thinking of ya, probably all passsed out by now, getting the band wrapped around your tummy!

My family starts arriving tonight for the holidays....Its gonna be a tough week this week! As long as I don't feel hungry though, I think I'll do OK!

My scale finally moved!! The first time since the surgery! I'm excited! I guess that means the swelling is going down and the gas is finally disappearing!!!

Hope you're all doing well!

mine are itching too! and burning. but i have staples so i can't take them off. Still can't believe i am stapled! I was fuming

wonder what the reason for that was?

Hi everyone!

I was laughing my ample behind off at the fact that so many of us are having the head hungries! Last night I wanted chicken fingers and today I was longing for pizza. We are not alone. It so obviously won't change over night but it is nice to have this tool to keep us from going off the deep edge. I know what kind of damage I could have done over the holidays if it were not for the band.

Sweethot-I am so glad you are starting to feel better. I was afraid you were in some medieval torture place with all that "drugs only twice a day" and crap. I was about to chip you some stuff! haha.

Steph-thanks for the shoutout. I am feeling chipper. I just am feeling better everyday. A little hungrier too but I know "this too shall pass". My kdsi do know but my older girl is great about keeping secrets and my younger one just thinks I stayed over the doctor's and doesn't feel the need to talk about it. Thank god...You sound great too. keep up the great work.

Nat-where is my girl????

VABandster-best of luck with the family coming to town. This will be the toughest week for most of us but we can do it!!!!! Hang in there and it will be SO worth it when we are weighing in over the new year.

BKwalling-McDonalds..mmm. I actually hadn't had that for months before surgery and almost bought a cheeseburger one night last week as a last supper treat but deep down I know that shit is the devil and clogging up my already fatty liver. No thanks. Try to think of what it is doing to your insides :gross: and hopefully that will help get over those head hungries. Why do they have to make that stuff taste so darn good?

Ddee-I too am doing the waxing thing tomorrow. It does feel nice to get primped. I showered the other day and took the time to do my hair and it made a huge difference then when I just toss it on a pony. I have the frizziest hair unless I blow it out straight. The nice part is that it has lasted 2 days and still looks nice despite sleeping on it. Makes me feel that much better, y'know? Enjoy your haircut.

Emily-this is a super supportive group. I feel so lucky to have found all of these great people to journey with. Not a bad one in the bunch (though a few of us are a little wacky--hahahaha).

Welcome everyone new-and who else are we waiting on for bandings? I think Jill asked this today. Good question. If you are due to be banded this month-speak up sowe can keep track!

Beversman-I am thinking of you girl.

Okay-if I missed anyone I am sorry. I will blame it on the drugs though I am currently just taking Tylenol during the day. :) I feel like a real woman again today. I didn't take any percocet so I could drive today. I just took some liquid tylenol ::yuck:: and was off to do some errands..ALONE! It was liberating. Silly I know, but I have been so dependent all week. While I was out, I figured I would stop by WEight Watchers and weigh in since I missed Tuesday's weigh in (as most of you know, i was following WW for my pre-op diet and lost 18 pounds-I am paid through the end of January and figured I would pop in). Well, I was down 7 more pounds! woohoo. I felt like a fraud though since I so obviously was not losing this week without the help of total restriction. I gifured I would keep the membership because once I start eating real food again, it will be helpful to me to have the accountability.

We'll see. I just feel like a big liar. Well, I am off. I am going to lie down for a bit. Great job everyone and keep up the good work.

:clap2: VA hey buddy .... I had a piece of toast for Breakfast today ...wow that was the nicest and slowest eaten piece of toast ever! I haven't eaten since but just to wet your appetite...I am going to have a feast this evening Heinz baked Beans and mini sausages. The Beans I mush up and the sausages are almost the sort that melt in your mouth so it will go down well. Just the very tiny tin. I never thought that would be the main meal of any day ..just shows you that even at this stage, pre any fill, it has an affect. In fact I am surprised at how tight things get when you eat. I still have the plaster over my port wound and it seems to want to stick on there so I am leaving it. All the others are off and they are TINY...bless my surgeons [i had two because I was the first at this new clinic locally]. I am sooooooooooooo glad I found all you December bandsters...we truly need the support here. I am divorced, have been for 6 years and have a 19 year old. She's very supportive.

I don't miss food....I miss a glass of Californian Merlot or Cab. sauvignon. Anyone know of any post bandsters who actually drink alcohol ever again..I see no mention of that in my blurb from the surgeon?

You know the hardest thing I find? Not drinking when I eat. I realise now that drinking when we eat helps us to eat more. Often when I was feeling stuffed, sipping some diet coke cleared the way for more! This is the most difficult time of the year to be banded...and also I think the most sensible for us... we are avoiding the pounds piling on .. I'm glad of that and I am glad of all your company. I may sneak a chocolate on Christmas day!!

Hugs folks...going off to heat up my baked beans!!:hungry:

Karen

karen- you lucky duck! Enjoy those baked Beans. I am so sick of Protein shakes, yuck. The thought makes me gag. I had a yogurt today and a cup of gag me chicken broth, a popsicle and Water.

I really want a ceasar salad right now.

Do you guys feel that when you drink your stomach starts to rumble. I feel so good inbetween Water and eating, so i just had a few sips of water , now it feels like gas in my chest again, and my stomach is gurgeling, i'm burping. it hurts. I just got done saying to my DH how much better i feel. it feel like really bad hunger pains.

Hope beversman is doing well.

I would also like molten chocolate cake from chilis

Ok so how's about we got us a MAN??? hey ERIC! Glad to have you with us!

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome to the forum and to December Bandsters group. I guess I am a bit outnumbered in gender but seems like I am in ABSOLUTELY good company.

I am now under a week away from my surgery date and I am getting so very excited. I tried on a pair of pants today that had not "fit" since I bought them over a year ago....THEY ARE NOW TOO BIG!!!!!!!!! WOOOOHOOOOOO! Evidently I have dropped about 2 pants sizes.

Heck and I am only on the pre-op diet and haven't even got the band yet!

I am very pumped and I want to encourage everyone here just to keep going. Baby steps to start with...fall down...pick yourself up and move on.

My wife is very excited as she is "getting her husband back" and hopefully this can be a thing of the past so my children grow up with a "normal" Dad.

Anyway congrats too all and keep up the losing!!!

Later on,

Eric

P.S. If anyone needs a scale that goes up rather high check on eBay as I found scales on there going up to 550 lbs.

Morning, all! My port site is really sore, but I'm beginning to get my strength back. I was open-banded, so it's taking me a little longer to recoup. I have the eyebrows waxed/dyed and the haircut tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to primping a little. My 1st soft food was smoked viennas and saltine crackers. I totally savored each bite of "meat." My hubby thinks I'm hilarious talking about food the way he would talk about good sex. Should I tell him which I'd rather have or leave it a secret? Ha! Disturbing news! My surgeon from MX, 2005, has been murdered by a competitive dr. who was charging more. This lapband business is only going to get more lucrative for dr's. I think it will be the Phen-phen of the future. That certainly was a miracle drug. Sorry for rambling...Take care!

Hi....do you mind me asking why you were open banded? My port site is sore too and the bruisng looks like a squished plum on my lower left side. Does everyone have their port on the left just above their waist?

Karen

(evil laugh) mmmwwwaaaahhhhh

hehe.

I'm back! had surgery at 12:30 was out of the hospital by 4:30pm -- I am home and doing awesome.

My incisions are tiny! even the port one.

I saw Kelli at the hospital. She wasnt feeling quite so well, but she is going ok too... her hubby and son were there with her.

I woke up as soon as the surgery was done. I was still in the OR! I was cracking jokes and had the poor nurses in stiches. Nurse came in the recovery to see if I was ok, and the guy taking care of me said, "heck, she was talking when she got here!"

Me?? never!

love ya all. I am A OK. Will write more later :-)

P.S. (of itchy places from the tape use Vitamin E!)

hey bk

i had my surgery on the 19th and am itchy like crazy too! i took my bandaids off but are leaving the steristrips on until they fall off - as per my doctor. Today am finally starting to feel a little normal.

((B-Man)))) I cannot believe you are back already. And feeling awesome. I am so happy to see you on the other side.

i felt awesome the first day too. Was quite surprised actually. Second day for me was tougher because I started sweating out the anesthesia and not a fan of the morphine they had me on. Plus I had the horrendous swallow test where you swallow some freaking paint thinner and they take pictures of it going down-then some chalky stuff and take pics again. Then they don't even let you drink anything until the radiologist and surgeons have a peek at the results. UGH!!!!

I hope you keep feeling great. That is awesome. My friend who is banded came to visit me today and commented that I look better than 4 days post op. That made me thrilled. I am feeling really well. A little bloated today because I think I overdid it on dinner. I bought some clam chowder froma nearby restaurant and pureed the crap out of it. Not a speck of lumps..but I think I had 3/4 of a cup and it really filled me. I will have to slow down next time. I was just so excited to have something with some sustenance. I know it was probably fattening but I am hovering around 600 cals a day anyway so I don't care.

Then I had the weird urge to chewa couple of cheez-its and spit them out. I know that is gross and sounding borderline eating disorder, but I did it and I am confessing. I will try not to do that again because that is just weird and as much as I got the taste-it is not fun when you cannot swallow the food. Not to mention gross that I was spitting over my stinky trash can. WEIRDO!

Have a good night all.

I am praying for a decent sleep....