Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandsters

I was able to resume about a week after surgery, just careful not to press on my tummy.

I was about 2.5wks post op...definitely no pressure on tummy.

Hello all!

I have to go to work :) in a few minutes, so I don't have time to read all the posts right now.

I needed to go potty this morning and it was a big strain. (sorry to be graphic)

What are we supposed to do for Fiber while we are on liquids? I have been taking those fiber caps but they don' t seem to be doing anything . I don't mind not going every day, but I don't want to be in pain when I do need to go.

Sorry if this has already been answered! 1 week on liquids today and 3 to go. I seriously don't think I will make it 4 full weeks without having a mushy towards the end!

Everyone is doing so great. Thank God for the internet. I would hate to go through this without having all your posts to read.

Denise882 -

I was on liquids for 3 weeks after surgery - I feel your pain! I called my surgeon and they recommended Milk of Magnesia. I used the Cherry Cream kind, and it worked a true blue miracle. Check with your doctor though. Also, my surgeon recommended that I get some of the Metameucil that you stir into Water and drink. It seems that the post bariatric diets are not as high in fiber, so we may get plugged up rather frequently.

Nathalie

Has anyone ever heard of Fill Centers USA ??? I had my surgery in Mexico. They gave me a list of doctors that will do fills in the us but there isn't one in GA. I don't want to go all the way back to Mexico if I don't have to. I did a search and found Fill Centers USA. It sounds pretty good. I might have to look in FL, too. http://www.fillcentersusa.com/Q&A.html#3

Hey how is everyone doing with their goals so far this yr

I haven't been able to get to the gym as much as I would like but will do better

hope everyone has a safe weekend

Denise882 -

I was on liquids for 3 weeks after surgery - I feel your pain! I called my surgeon and they recommended Milk of Magnesia. I used the Cherry Cream kind, and it worked a true blue miracle. Check with your doctor though. Also, my surgeon recommended that I get some of the Metameucil that you stir into Water and drink. It seems that the post bariatric diets are not as high in fiber, so we may get plugged up rather frequently.

Nathalie

Plugged up?!? Good Lord, all liquids in and all back out within hours (in liquid form- ug!) Anyone else like me or should I be concerned? My first Dr. appt. is next week so I can ask him, too.

I really agree with Dream. It's very strange how all the doctors have different opinions on what we can eat when . You would think there would be a standard lap band diet. They all do the lap band, so why aren't the diets the same? I really look forward to my yogurt every day. I would be really upset if I couldn't have that. It's the only thing that is sort of solid. I am completely sick of being on liquids after only one week and I have 3 more to go.

Personallly, I think my doctor just wants to make money on the foods he sells. He's a great doctor, but so many people can have other things besides the Soups he sells. I did find a 50 gram Protein Drink at the drug store, but I WANT REAL FOOD! Oh well, I know I can do this. My daughter did it a year ago, and I went through it with her. If she can do 4 weeks on liquids, I can too. Plus there is all of you, sucking liquids down too. Thank God, we are in this together. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have a computer. I love reading all of your posts!

Oh, I forgot I cheated today! I had a left over sugar free peppermint pattie from my Christmas stocking.

I am with you Denise.

Liquids stink but I am trying my best. 6 more days until I can transition and I cannot wait! This has been 3 looonnnggg weeks. hang in there,

My latest yummy is simple, I take mashed potatoes and think them with a lot of skim milk-about a 1/2 cup of milk to 1/4 cup of potato, put a little low fat cheddar on top and melt it in the microwave. Mashed potato Soup. It is so yummy and definitely getting me through the next week. I also got the sampler pack from bariatriceating.com and the Protein shakes I have tried so far are much yummier than the ones I was eating. Wish I had them before. Today I had Elite Cafe Mocha and it was yummy!

Plugged up?!? Good Lord, all liquids in and all back out within hours (in liquid form- ug!) Anyone else like me or should I be concerned? My first Dr. appt. is next week so I can ask him, too.

Are you talking about mudd butt? If that is the case, you can read back to posts around the 18th and a lot of us were complaining about that. I think it is totally normal. It took me about 2 weeks before I had any solid bm. Things are getting a bit more "regular" now but are nothing like pre-band.

As far as things coming out the end ;-)....I had 'mushie butt' the first week and then the 2nd and 3rd weeks definitely had the painful struggles to get something solid out! I thought I was gonna die! But...I got through it. I've started adding Flaxseed to my yogurt in the AM and that seems to be really helping! It has lots of fiber in it!

I feel so badly for you guys who have to do 3-4 weeks of liquids!! I was a lucky one and only had to do one....but I know for sure w/the hunger I have now there is no WAY I would have lasted that long! You guys are Troopers!!!! :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Denise-- I agree. This is the hardest thing I've ever done. Your daughter had the surgery? How's she doing now? Great to have support! You'll get through it......we all will.

Ahhhh... good to know it's not just me, but I'm not looking forward to being plugged up if that's the normal course. I'll have to do some planning ahead. Thanks for sharing, ladies! This site is truly helpful, and often entertaining.

I really agree with Dream. It's very strange how all the doctors have different opinions on what we can eat when . You would think there would be a standard lap band diet. They all do the lap band, so why aren't the diets the same? I really look forward to my yogurt every day. I would be really upset if I couldn't have that. It's the only thing that is sort of solid. I am completely sick of being on liquids after only one week and I have 3 more to go. .

4WEEKS!!! ON LIQUIDS?!!! Boy that does suck. I had 2 and I didn't even do so great (Christmas and New Years happened). I will be sending you extra will power and prayers. I ate a lot of yogurt too, I think it prevented a yeast infection I felt coming on from the antibiotics. I'd like to hear from some of the early december bandsters about what they are eating now and how they are doing prior to their first fill.

This board is great! Love Ya'll

Ahhhh... good to know it's not just me, but I'm not looking forward to being plugged up if that's the normal course. I'll have to do some planning ahead. Thanks for sharing, ladies! This site is truly helpful, and often entertaining.

according to my surgeon, because we can't eat breads or other high Fiber foods, but will be eating other things, we will eventually face the problem of being constipated. Especially with all of the Protein we're eating. Plan ahead, girlfriend. You don't want to get caught constipated with your pants down! Fiber drinks & MOM will help. One of our members eats Shredded Wheat in the mornings, and that helps her.

On a side note, I never had that liquid in/liquid out experience. Are you on regular liquids, or are you on a special surgeon's product diet, high in Protein, etc." I had to buy food from my surgeon's office and it was low calorie/high protein. I didn't poop for a week after surgery.

Personallly, I think my doctor just wants to make money on the foods he sells. He's a great doctor, but so many people can have other things besides the Soups he sells.

I love reading all of your posts!

Denise, what kind of food does your doctor sell? Mine sold food that I had to be on for 5 weeks! I still have tons of it in my kitchen, which I will use as needed. I put myself back on liquids this weekend, for instance.

If you love THESE posts, scroll back a few pages, like KayDotRN suggested. There is a lot of good info back there. Lots of tips and tricks for getting through the liquid phase. I was on it for 3 wks. Hang tough.