Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for Single Bandsters

Hey everyone sorry I havent been around in a while. I joined that plentyoffish, and I have been busy! Met one that I really like, we are going out again this weekend. So thanks to wootsie for that! I think I am falling in love....lol I have never felt this way about anyone except my hs sweetheart, didn't even have this with my EX HUSBAND. geesh, I hope its not just infatuation. That would really bust my bubble. Anyway, maybe this weekend I will have some time to post more. I have been working out a lot also, can run for 12 minutes nowwoo hoo! I have been doing the elliptical for 45 minutes at a time, getting the heart rate up! I am now down to 185, burst through that plateau.....

Kristi

Congrats Kristi - on both the man and the weight loss front! I'm so happy for you! ;)

Wootsie how are things going with the dating sites?

So tattoo boy and I have hit our first stumbling block. Ugh! Why can't this stuff be easy? lol

Hello everyone,

im Eva, 25 single. I live in Europe (Czech republic:-) But I guess I can still join your group:-)

Do you feel that theres no decent place to meet someone? I mean work-no way, bar-usually doesnt work out very well, and here in Europe men arent used to come to you and talk to you or send you a drink as it is in the US...

Hello everyone,

im Eva, 25 single. I live in Europe (Czech republic:-) But I guess I can still join your group:-)

Do you feel that theres no decent place to meet someone? I mean work-no way, bar-usually doesnt work out very well, and here in Europe men arent used to come to you and talk to you or send you a drink as it is in the US...

Things sound rough over there Eva. I see lots of guys from Europe on the dating websites. Maybe you should try that. I sure don't know of anywhere else to tell you since I don't live there. I would also suggest church, but one of the worst guys I ever dated I met at church. Go figure.

~Joan~

I would also suggest church, but one of the worst guys I ever dated I met at church

Joan it made me laugh:-))

yep its pretty bad here but oh well I guess I just wait to meet the right one.hm I tried the internet dating, but either Im too picky or the guys are just psychos:-) no really I know Im picky but blame me that I want the best for myself...lol

Well Guys,

I've been so busy not to have been on a date, you wouldn't believe it. Let me see where to begin. I'll start with Steve, since you guys know about him. He told me he was going out of town for a week and would get back in touch with me when he got back. Well, he never did get in touch with me, so I figure I'm better off without him. He's a flake my daughter said.

Now, where else to go from there. I have this 26 year old Russian guy, who's a computer software engineer, that really has the hots for me. He lives in Atlanta, GA, but he is thinking about moving to Dallas so he can be with me. If any of you belong to BBWdatefinder.com, his name is madetoolove on there. He's a real cutie, but a lot young. I'm still deciding with him. He would definitely be a great boy toy for a while. Did I just say that? LOL

The next guy I have now is an electrical engineer who lives in Nebraska who owns his own business. He is wanting to sell his business and start a new one in Dallas. He's wanting to marry me, but he has a 13 old son and he's not divorced, he's widowed. Big draw back for me since I don't want any children. He's from the UK and has no other family here other than his son.

The next guy lives in Littleton Colorado. I forgot what he does for work, but he has the hots for me to. He told me tonight he didn't like it that I was talking to other men. I told him I had to find the right guy for me, so he said he understands that. It's 7 am and he messaged me a few minutes ago and told me he's on his way to work and sent me kisses and hugs.

Now, I was supposed to have a date with a new guy who lives down by Dallas last night, but we were having severe thunderstorms, so he called and said he thought we should do it another night since the weather was so bad. He said he would call me though, which I'm sure he will. I'm going out of town for the weekend, so I won't be able to meet him then. If he calls today, I can meet him tonight since my daughter has to work.

I've talked to a few other guys, but these are the ones with the most interest in me and me in them. My problem is that I don't know who I like the most. I've never had to make these kinds of decisions before. Damn, it's giving me a headache!

And, I have to add that I'm really enjoying telling Donny about my guys. It's killing him and I'm lovin' it! LOL

So, you guys give me some advice. I'm soooooooooo confused! HELP ME! I'm having a great time though. My mom would just die if she knew I was meeting all these men on the internet. She thinks they are all serial killers or nutso.

Kristi, good for you girl! I hope it really is a love connection. That would be so great for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya' girl.

So, what's going on with everyone elses love lives?

~Joan~

Eva,

The best way I ever meet people is on the interent. It is strictly a numbers game. Not everyone you meet will be a match, that is for sure. But the more you meet the better chance you have of meeting the right one. Just don't give anyone your phone number until you meet them (I have had to learn this the hard way more than once :) ). And meet them somewhere like a bookstore or coffee shop, not at your house or his. Just my .02.

Wootsie,

It sounds like you are burning up the internet. Go girl. I say don't decide until you actually meet the people. Until then, it is all up for grabs.

chrispy,

what happened with tattoo boy? whats the scoop? my guy and I decided to be exclusive, but I don't know if we are bf/gf yet? get me here? not quite sure about it, but we have agreed to not see other people at this time, so its making me happy!

Joan,

whats up wit all of those men? geesh, I would have a heart attack juggling all of that. I can barely make time to see one or two people a week.

Eva,

So how DO you meet men there? I have also tried the church thing, but its so hard when you meet someone in the group, and it doesn't work out, you are both still in the group, its very akward. I belong to a huge church, we have about 200 maybe more in the singles classes, we go and do a lot of picnics together, eating out, movies, easter egg hunts with out kiddos, etc. Anyway yes, have tried the church thing. How about taking some classes at a local University, for personal enrichment?

superg,

I think its easier too to date online, if I don't like em, I can block em from contacting me. I also don't go out very much, small child ya know, I don't go to bars, and the places I DO go, are family places, people are already married! No luck there.

My guy and I are going out today with the kiddos, I already met his, but he hasn't met mine yet so we will see how that goes. I will let you all know. we should have a fun day. tulsa has a nice Air and Space Museum, we are going to go there for a while, and have a picnic by the river, I think. We just had a huge rain storm, so the picnic may be off, who knows what the ground is like, probly too wet.

Kristi

Kristi I totally get it and that's how tattoo boy and I are too. We're not dating anyone else, we like each other, but we're not quite in a "relationship" yet. So yep, I get ya! lol You know I started typing out the skinny with tattoo boy and then decided it's probably just easier to sum it up as some communication issues right now. lol. His grandfather died, and that has been hard for him, and he's completely pushed me a way. We're seeing each other tonight, which will be the first time in two weeks. We'll see how it goes. I'll definitely let you know. But I'm glad things seem to be working well for you and your new man. :) I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya! :)

Wootsie hon - you are breaking hearts left and right! lol. You go girl! My opinion is any guy that wants to marry you already - RUN and run FAST. lol. I don't know, maybe it's just where I'm at in my life right now but that makes me leery. I don't know if they're looking for a sugar mama or what, but I'd be suspicious. But you know these people beetter than I do, so do what you feel comfortable with. Just know that anyone worth your time and effort will be patient with you while you make the right decision.

Oh, and hi Eva!

Wootsie,

It sounds like you are burning up the internet. Go girl. I say don't decide until you actually meet the people. Until then, it is all up for grabs.

Well Susan,

You are absolutely right about that 1. I went out with the guy from Dallas who canceled and I didn't like him to much. He spent $6 on the entire date. What a loser! There is also another guy I forgot to tell you guys about who lives in Arlington, another suburb of Dallas. I have only chatted with him once, but he was fun to talk to. Then, I met a new guy from Dallas a few minutes ago. He seems nice, but I think he may only be looking for sex, which I'm not. So, I sent him a message and told him that. I'll just have to wait and see if I hear back from him. My young boy toy would be nice to meet, but he's in Georgia, so I doubt I will ever get to meet him. Just dream, but that's ok to.

~Joan~

I don't know about the rest of you but I am getting sick of seeing the pro penis enlarging advance gain crap for men. It says it enlarges length, who the hell cares about length anyway, I want width!

okay just my two cents for what its worth.

Kris

lol

ohoh and I forgot. I have given myself new challenges. There is a huge concert with lot of the 80s hair bands coming to a town in OK in July. I bought tickets to that, its a 3 day event, so I will probably campout for the two nights. I also am going to take MY tattoo boy if we are still together at that time. we have discussed going already, but he doesn't know i have tickets yet. LOL Anyway I need to lose 20 lbs by July 13th. Does this sound like a good goal, or too much? That would put me at 165, pretty close to goal, but I am working out and willl increase the amounts as I go along. I also want to start training for a 5K run, so I think I can accomplish this. You all need to give me your tips on losing!

Kristi

I don't know about the rest of you but I am getting sick of seeing the pro penis enlarging advance gain crap for men. It says it enlarges length, who the hell cares about length anyway, I want width!

okay just my two cents for what its worth.

Kris

lol

Kristi,

You are a bad girl indeed! I have been seeing them to, but since I still haven't gotten any, I can't remember what it is I like. LOL Maybe there is a really good reason for me always dating tall men. LOL I've dated as tall as 6' 61/2", sooooooooo....... I think for some reason, men think length is the most important thing though. I would say both is important in my humble opinion. Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.

~Joan~