Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maintaining and snacks

June 11th will be three years for me. I reached goal in just under five months and kept going. The dietitian told me to add calories back into my diet to get all I needed to maintain and gain back a little if I needed to. I was looking 'gaunt' and needed to put about fifteen lbs back on from my very lowest. Grazing, snacks....???!!!! I'm comfortable doing that, I'd done it for years, although I'd broken that habit. Now though, it's easier to back off if necessary. I put on several pounds and then I started this maintenence business! My question is this....what do YOU snack on??!!! I'll split a piece of Star Bucks pumpkin bread with my husband and I am pretty sure I'm addicted to LF Graham Crackers with a little Natural Peanut Butter on them. 2 large crackers is one serving, 140 calories. I will eat 1.5 a couple of times a day. I like the Snackwell's vanilla Cookies, but I'm backing off those a little. I was keeping nuts in the house, but for a fourth cup, the calories are way too high, I don't care how 'healthy' they are. So, any ideas for something new? Last week I was thinking back to earlier in my journey and I picked up sugar free choc pudding and sugar free Jello. I like them both with a little FF or SF Cool Whip or Reddi Whip. C'mon, help me out here, my brain is numb I think!! ;) Oh, I also have Whole Wheat Shredded Wheat, I will eat a half cup, dry, just to snack on. It's good for me and I love the 'crunch'.

I LOVE the chocolate Fiber one brownies for a chocolate fix now that I am maintaining. They are good out of the package, but so much better heated in the microwave for a second. Sure, they are probably not THEE MOST healthy thing to snack on, but I will take my fiber where I can get it. They are 90 calories, have 3g of fat and 20% of your daily fiber. I think that they have 13g of carbs after subtracting the fiber, and 8g of sugar...but it is a BROWNIE. :)

How about a small piece of fruit? I have been eating nuts as my snack and I agree about the calories being too high......So I too am looking for some snack foods. I'm on a little more difficult of a journey starting today. I'm cutting out all the wheat and processed foods......I do love hearing about your experiences and look forward to hearing more from you.....:) Can I ask what you eat throughout the day and if you are on myfitnesspal.com? thanks

Fiber one brownies give me gas! Not a little but a lot....... :) Oh and I can eat quite a few of them too........

I haven't had the gas issue with them yet, but I stop at one. They certainly help me 'go' though. haha

What a great idea!! Thank you!!! I just wrote it on my grocery list, I'm going to pick some up. Use to, prior to surgery, I'd snack on chips, cheese Its and that is all I can think of, although I know there were other things. It seems like a life time ago. Now days, cheese It's aren't in the house and chips are not something I eat very often. The only chips in our house are Baked Dorito Scoops, my husband eats them with sandwiches, but the only way I like them is if I happen to make guacamole and NEED something to hold it!! :) I think cutting chips out of my normal diet has been very helpful, as well as bread. I seldom eat bread at home, a piece of toast with an egg occasionally, but not normally and I buy Lite English Muffins every so often and will toast one and then use 1 slice of 2% American Cheese between the two sides. Pretty good Protein and it's good for a change. I usually eat a couple of eggs or cottage cheese with peaches or pineapple.

I LOVE the chocolate fiber one brownies for a chocolate fix now that I am maintaining. They are good out of the package, but so much better heated in the microwave for a second. Sure, they are probably not THEE MOST healthy thing to snack on, but I will take my fiber where I can get it. They are 90 calories, have 3g of fat and 20% of your daily fiber. I think that they have 13g of carbs after subtracting the fiber, and 8g of sugar...but it is a BROWNIE. :)

Good morning Ms. Skinniness!!! From looking at your ticker, it looks like we are similar in stats from the beginning. Cutting out all wheat products, yikes, that will be difficult, or at least it sounds like it would be!!!

I am not on myfitnesspal, I've kept a food log on fitday.com from the beginning. What do I eat you asked!!! I'll give you an example of my day thus far, and what I have planned, then I'll tell you what else is pretty common for me most days. I ate two scrambled eggs with about a half an ounce of grated 2% mild cheddar cheese in them. I ate 1.5 LF graham crackers (2 full ones are 1 serving) with Natural Peanut Butter on them. Probably about .33 - .5 TB. We had grilled chicken Saturday night and there is one thigh left (no skin, of course). I am going to heat it up and eat .25 cup of 1% cottage cheese. A high Protein lunch for sure!!! My husband is not going to be home at dinner, so I have leftover round steak, cooked in 98% FF Cream of Mushroom Soup, mashed potatoes and corn that I'll eat. I haven't weighed the steak yet, but it is about 2.5 oz. I'll eat maybe .25 cup of the potatoes and a couple of TB of corn. The cream of mushroom Soup makes the meat so soft and easy to eat.....and is nice 'gravy' for the potatoes. This isn't a new thing I cook, I've cooked round steak like this for a good fifteen years!! I will have a couple more Snacks today. Grahams and Peanut Butter, maybe some Wheat and Bran Shredded Wheat. Oh, I've had 1 cup of skim milk and several cups of coffee.

What I normally eat for Breakfast, when I don't have an egg or two, I eat cottage cheese with a little canned fruit in lite Syrup. Once in a while I'll have a couple of pieces of cinnamon toast. Whole wheat bread and I don't eat all the crust, so not quite 2 full pieces. I'll make French Toast, although it's rare. I can eat maybe 1.5 pieces and yes, I do use syrup! (lite, not sugar free) Many days I make tuna fish.....solid white in Water with 1.5 TB of Lite mayo and maybe a small dill or sweet pickle. Half the can is about 13 grams of Protein. I'll eat it on Special K crackers, 10 or 12. Sometimes the mini club crackers, 10 or 12. I do not fry things, but I didn't do that prior to surgery, it makes the house stink!! I cook basically just like I always have. A casserole, spaghetti, grilled fish, beef or chicken along with a steamed veggie or two and I normally always have the cottage cheese on hand as a side.

There is you have it.....oh, I like to keep a frozen bag of shrimp on hand, especially if I need to cut back on calories for a day or two. 3 oz is a lot of protein and LOW in calories, I'll eat 3 or 4 oz for lunch, steamed with cocktail sauce. Yum!!!

So, what do you eat??!!! Any new ideas??

How about a small piece of fruit? I have been eating nuts as my snack and I agree about the calories being too high......So I too am looking for some snack foods. I'm on a little more difficult of a journey starting today. I'm cutting out all the wheat and processed foods......I do love hearing about your experiences and look forward to hearing more from you..... :) Can I ask what you eat throughout the day and if you are on myfitnesspal.com? thanks

NtvTx; my typical day starts with a Pure Protein chocolate shake, 1 fried egg with cheese, tuna salad (no bread), chicken salad (no bread), rib eye steak 2oz grilled, 1/4th baked potato, salad, veggies (3 bites) and 2 bites of salad...... 3 bites of fruit...Today so far I've had a shake, Protein Bar, scrambled eggs with diced ham and some fruit. for dinner I will have a taco salad minus the tortilla.......meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato's. Before bed 1/2 of an apple or pear....... You can add me as a friend on myfitnesspal.com address is dorrierobles2003@yahoo.com..... I do eat a lot of peanuts and nuts too......I'm kinda loss without my crackers too...... :)

NtvTx: I love that you have surpassed your goal weight......I want to lose just a little bit more..... I am going to work hard at accomplishing it, but if not, then I will be ok with where I am.....I do love my skinniness. I'm more afraid of gaining weight.....whewwwww! This is a lot of worrying.... LOL

NtvTx; my typical day starts with a Pure Protein chocolate shake, 1 fried egg with cheese, tuna salad (no bread), chicken salad (no bread), rib eye steak 2oz grilled, 1/4th baked potato, salad, veggies (3 bites) and 2 bites of salad...... 3 bites of fruit...Today so far I've had a shake, Protein Bar, scrambled eggs with diced ham and some fruit. for dinner I will have a taco salad minus the tortilla.......meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato's. Before bed 1/2 of an apple or pear....... You can add me as a friend on myfitnesspal.com address is dorrierobles2003@yahoo.com..... I do eat a lot of peanuts and nuts too......I'm kinda loss without my crackers too...... :)

I'm not on myfitnesspal. I guess I should be, everyone else is. What is the deal, can you 'visit' with others on this site or what???