Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BWH boston Mass support group

Who's going to this Tuesdays post bariatric surgery support group at Brigham and women's hospital? I'm going and I will be their after the meeting waiting for the train to go back to maine. If anyone is going maybe we could catch up. Let me know.

I'm not going, but wanted to say HI from your neighbor in New Hampshire!!!!

Kate

I'm not going' date=' but wanted to say HI from your neighbor in New Hampshire!!!!

Kate[/quote']

Thank you for saying hi Kate. Do you ever go to the groups at Bwh?

I don't, I'm having my surgery in Portsmouth, NH. They have a great program...very intense and supportive!!!

When was your surgery? Also can u find out if anyone could go to your support group? It would be closer for me and my grandmother loves in portsmouth too

I haven't had my surgery yet, hopefully in March! I will look into it for you. My guess is that you can as it's an open forum type group. If you go to the Portsmouth Hospital website and look up the WLS it will tell you when the groups are happening. I know there is a pre-op support group, post-op, and an informational night.

Kate

I haven't had my surgery yet, hopefully in March! I will look into it for you. My guess is that you can as it's an open forum type group. If you go to the Portsmouth Hospital website and look up the WLS it will tell you when the groups are happening. I know there is a pre-op support group, post-op, and an informational night.

Kate

HI Kate,

I am in Portsmouth as well!!!! I just saw Dr Wagner yesterday and start the behavior mod classes next week. How far are you into the program? Do you have a surgery date yet?

My husband and I are doing this together. Its great to connect with someone else that is in the same program.

Jenny

Hi Jenny-

Isn't Dr. Wagner wonderful??? Tomorrow is my last class for the behavior class and I have been loving those classes as well! I've met with the PT, Nutritionist and the nurse...I need to go in next Wednesday to be weighed in as I have to lose 15 pounds...I lost 7 of the 15 but then gained 1.5 pounds so I need to go back and if I'm down, then the testing will start. My goal is to have my surgery in March, but it all depends on how quickly I lose the remainder of the weight and of course insurance. That is great that you're have the surgery with your husband!!! I have heard nothing but great things about Portsmouth Hospital. The biggest thing I can say is just how supportive everyone is!!!

Kate

Yes. I feel blessed that we moved to an area with a great medical community. If you don't mind me asking, what is your starting weight/ goal. I was @ 300 when I met w/ nancy and I refuse to get on a scale until my nutrition appt. I hope to get down to 140.

I started at 270 and I would love to get to 130...I'm only 5'2 so need to lose a lot. Did you see Jessica for the nutritionist? She is great as well as was the PT...I saw Brooks. Portsmouth is a beautiful area...especially in the summer!

I have seen Jessica in the past. She is the sweetest! Looking fwd to meeting w/ her again. I'm wondering if she takes a different approach for the bariatric patients than just traditional diet for high BP/ pre- diabetic.

I have diabetes and I have a specific amount of carbs I can eat per meal/snack! I didn not feel at all that I had a "cookie cutter" diet. Now all I have to do is exercise....ugh!!

Hi ladies! I'm Michelle and I'm from NH too, though I'm in the program at Lowell General in MA. I have sleeve surgery scheduled for 4/8. Just thought I'd say hello to others from my area!

I'm going to the Lowell General program too! I'm just starting the program and am hoping for a June surgery date.

Hi Michelle,

Where in NH? I live in Stratham:)

Kate