Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on 01/29/13. Any other sleevers this week? I'm in some pain. got some questions

I had my surgery on Monday and can home on Wednesday. I don't have too much gas. But there is a lot of gurgling going on in there! I've been eating about every 2-3 hours of 4 oz of various liquids to keep my interest. I use a very small espresso spoon to eat. It's so strange to remind myself to eat every few hours! So far' date=' I'm loving my sleeve![/quote']

What are you eating?

I was sleeved on Monday too! :)

I was sleeved on Monday, too. I'm already growing tired of the full liquids every 2 hours. I'm not meeting my Protein goal yet either. But my dietician said it won't happen for a little while. I did better with my Water intake today.

I've been out and about, which feels SO good! I think I am going to go to the store and get some different Soups to make and strain. I'm looking for more variety. Perhaps the organic section will help!

All in all I am feeling really well! I'm so happy about that! Anyone hit the gym yet? I'm thinking Monday.

What are you eating?

I was sleeved on Monday too! :)

Does anyone use My Fitness Pal to track meals/liquids? We could become friends on there and see what each other is drinking/eating. This may help us. Anyone interested? My username is ajdub22.

I got sleeved on the 29th also!! What is the recipe for the cake batter Protein shake!!!???

I was actually sleeved on Monday the 28th. :-). I have attached the recipe. I didn't use the almond or butter extract, I just used vanilla extract. It is delicious but I made it to thick so make sure you get whatever consistency you think you can handle. Good luck!

post-33884-13813662833471_thumb.jpg

I was sleeved on Monday also, spent 2 full days I'm the hospital and was very glad I did. I have been out the past 2 days and feel great, get tired but the walking has really helped. I am doing good getting my Protein and liquid in. BTW, my nurse told me to let the ice melt in my mouth not to chew it because it causes gas. Let's stay in touch and share ideas.

awesome thanks guys for the tip. today is sunday february 3rd. today is the superbowl and also my BIRTHDAY!!! i am 5 days out (i got sleeved on tuesday the 29th of Jan) and feel pretty good. gas and stomach pain has seemed to give me a break today. it's almost 2:00 EST here in boston and I haven't taken any pain meds yet. i start my day with my 2 chewable Centrum Vitamins (btw i def need liquid centrum. i don't the like the taste or smell of the chewable). then i drink like a Sobe Zero Water or Vitamin Water Zero. then i take my sublingual B12. then i'll have a water bottle. (all slow sips of course). then i'll take a quick 10 minute walk outside. then come back, try like a special K drink or i'll have the instant carnation Breakfast with a little ice and fat free milk. then my Calcium tablet. then more water. then maybe another vitamin water. sometimes if i feel hungry i'll make Tomato Soup for dinner. then i take my 2nd calcium tablet. more water so on and so forth. been showering daily and i love it. needed it too lol. Just wanted to share. hope i'm doing the right thing. hope this helps others too. any questions or tips please feel free to comment or leave me a private message. thanks, Mark

awesome thanks guys for the tip. today is sunday february 3rd. today is the superbowl and also my BIRTHDAY!!! i am 5 days out (i got sleeved on tuesday the 29th of Jan) and feel pretty good. gas and stomach pain has seemed to give me a break today. it's almost 2:00 EST here in boston and I haven't taken any pain meds yet. i start my day with my 2 chewable Centrum Vitamins (btw i def need liquid Centrum. i don't the like the taste or smell of the chewable). then i drink like a Sobe Zero Water or Vitamin Water Zero. then i take my sublingual B12. then i'll have a water bottle. (all slow sips of course). then i'll take a quick 10 minute walk outside. then come back' date=' try like a special K drink or i'll have the instant carnation breakfast with a little ice and fat free milk. then my Calcium tablet. then more water. then maybe another Vitamin water. sometimes if i feel hungry i'll make Tomato Soup for dinner. then i take my 2nd calcium tablet. more water so on and so forth. been showering daily and i love it. needed it too lol. Just wanted to share. hope i'm doing the right thing. hope this helps others too. any questions or tips please feel free to comment or leave me a private message. thanks, Mark[/quote']

Happy birthday Mark!!

Happy Birthday Mark

I am 4 days out and not near as active as you. I wish I could find a Protein Drink I like, I'm trying Unjury vanilla at the moment but had to add some sugar free Torani raspberry syrub to make it taste better. Guess I'll stick with the Imetobolic Protein Drinks my Dr perscribed for now. I haven't tried the Sobe Zero Water yet, I should have stocked up on a variety of things before the surgry. My daughter in law is picking up some Greek yogurt to see if it settles my stomach some. What is good for itching. Some of the bandaids are being brutal on my skin and I'm not sure what to use on them for the itch. I am trying Neosporin at the moment and leaving the bandaids off to let them air, still have the suture bandaids on, Nurse called day after and said to let them fall off by themselves. My day consists of trying to figure out how to get off the bed with very little pain, walking through the house swinging my arms to get the circulation going, taking sips of Protein, water and pain meds which takes approx 45 -1 1/2 hours to do then being so sleepy I need to lay down to take a nap. And so my day goes.. lol I hope you are having a great birthday Mark and if not now then when you feel a bit better. It sounds like you are doing great though. :)

Was sleeved on the 31st and came home yesterday. I had a hard drinking anything last night or this morning. But, I started drinking g2 with ice and chicken broth made all the difference. I suspect I drank about 40 ox total. I am on clear fluids so no Protein yet. Go back to the dr tomorrow. I feel pretty good except the biggest incision on my left side has my whole left side in pain. But it is getting a little better.

I was just sleeved on Wed, (the 30) and was released on Thurs, ( the 31 ). I have been suffering from Gas pains. Can't hardly sleep. Trying to sip on liquids and even that lets the air in and causes pain. Hope I have made the right choice. I never expected this type of pain................

Just following up. It was not gas pains, it was a leak. Went back to the hospital and spent another month. Finally feeling better...........................