Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved on 01/29/13. Any other sleevers this week? I'm in some pain. got some questions

hey guys' date=' i was sleeved two days ago and got discharged from the hospital today. I feel like 2 days wasn't enough??? anyone get discharged within 2 business day? my stomach hurts. a lot. lot of gas but feel like i can't pass it. urine was dark but now returning to normal color. I had two stools that were really dark brown almost light black. how long do we have to worry about blood clots? i am trying to move as often as possible. i am just worried about when i go to bed and sleep. should i be worried? i had 6 incisions but i feel like only 2-3 hurt. tomorrow is my first full day home. what can i expect?? can i start my Vitamins? i was told yes. what else can i start? can i drink ensure tomorrow or my Vitamin Water zero ?? please any additional help is greatly appreciated. my wife and i have a 10 month old baby at home with us and one on the way so sleep hasn't been our friend. i feel so bad for my wife that she has to do everything. what a time to go out.

btw i can't distinguish pain from gas and pain from surgery sometimes i feel like i want to vomit. please help me.[/quote']

Sleeved wednesday afternoon and got home about noon today so a little less than two. Main thing is to calm down and get a plan. Ur wife will be fine with the baby and you can pay her back later. Do what your dr says, but here's what mine said. First concentrate on Fluid. If Water goes down best then do water. If you can tolerate a shake then make it a shake. My shakes from hospital have Protein but added vit n supplements so i am putting them in a shaker cup with ice to thin down a little. Pour just one ounce and sip it...break into 3-4 sips so you are getting 1 oz down in 15 min. Check off each oz. i have 1 oz shake then 1 oz water. So i am getting 4 oz in one hour... My goal for the first few days. I am taking my thyroid and hypertension meds plus prilosec given by doc. I am not starting any Vitamins for a few days until i get this other stuff down pat! I am having broth this evening but probably only 2-4 oz in an hour and then back to shake and water. Narrow your options and simplify down to what you need the first couple of days until you feel more stable and secure with that stuff then add back a little at a time. Hang in there. You must do the right thing now for a few days without dealing with everything else. These days must be about you then later you will be able to take of your family as an even better you.

I was just sleeved on Wed, (the 30) and was released on Thurs, ( the 31 ). I have been suffering from Gas pains. Can't hardly sleep. Trying to sip on liquids and even that lets the air in and causes pain. Hope I have made the right choice. I never expected this type of pain................

I'm four days post op and everything has been by the book with no issues. I feel SO fortunate! But this afternoon I feel a little loneliness and maybe a tad bit of depression sneaking up on me. I don't regret for one second what I have decided to do, but my daughter has been in school all week and my husband has been working all week. We live in SW Florida so it's season time here and everyone is super busy.

I have been very lonely today. I feel like I could cry but for no good reason. I have tried to keep myself busy all day but that is hard to do when you are used to working 2 jobs and 50+ hours a week. I am going back to work on Monday and I seriously can't wait to get there.

Blech. Sorry for the Debbie downer post, highly unlike me!

I was sleeved on the 24 th went home on the 25 but I had the "spider" method so I only have 2 small incisions which has been great.. As for the gas pain I am going through a ton of the gas x strips they really seem to help. I have also found that hot tea works wonders. I have never been a fan of tea, but I drinks at least two or three cups a day now. It is soothing and settling to my stomach.

I was sleeved on the 24 th went home on the 25 but I had the "spider" method so I only have 2 small incisions which has been great.. As for the gas pain I am going through a ton of the gas x strips they really seem to help. I have also found that hot tea works wonders. I have never been a fan of tea' date=' but I drinks at least two or three cups a day now. It is soothing and settling to my stomach.[/quote']

What is the spider method? I have never heard of this. I am so curious?!

I was just sleeved on Wed, (the 30) and was released on Thurs, ( the 31 ). I have been suffering from Gas pains. Can't hardly sleep. Trying to sip on liquids and even that lets the air in and causes pain. Hope I have made the right choice. I never expected this type of pain................

keep moving, thats the key! if your pain is that bad let your Dr know!!! good luck!

Had mine done on Wednesday the 30th, you are not alone. I'm doing alot of sipping, haven't begun the Vitamins Dr said I could wait til next week, can't even think of trying to chew and swallow yet. lol Still learning to sip ...All will be good in time. I wish everyone the best with their experience.

ashiashley

I understand the lonelyness. I feel it since I've been home. No one to talk to really that understands what I've just been through so guess that is why I'm speaking up here cause there are so many here that can give us the support we need... Thank you all for being here...:)

I had my surgery on Monday and can home on Wednesday. I don't have too much gas. But there is a lot of gurgling going on in there! I've been eating about every 2-3 hours of 4 oz of various liquids to keep my interest. I use a very small espresso spoon to eat. It's so strange to remind myself to eat every few hours! So far, I'm loving my sleeve!

Had mine done on Wednesday the 30th' date=' you are not alone. I'm doing alot of sipping, haven't begun the Vitamins Dr said I could wait til next week, can't even think of trying to chew and swallow yet. lol Still learning to sip ...All will be good in time. I wish everyone the best with their experience.

ashiashley

I understand the lonelyness. I feel it since I've been home. No one to talk to really that understands what I've just been through so guess that is why I'm speaking up here cause there are so many here that can give us the support we need... Thank you all for being here...:)

I just need someone home! My husband is here now so just hearing him in the house is making me happy. I do have a lot of support from family and friends. Attached is a photo of my beautiful flowers. Hell I even got balloons and cards too. :-)

post-33884-13813662776895_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone! I was sleeved on Wednesday 1/30 and came home yesterday afternoon. So far (knock on wood) things have been pretty good. I have gas pains which can be bad at times but I find that walking for a little, taking 2 Gas X strips and then sitting with a heating pad help. I'm trying to focus right now on getting in all my Protein and Water. I too am "eating" some broth and protein every 3 hours. I'm then waiting an hour after each meal and then continue sipping water - trying to get about 40 oz a day for now. I need to get more water in but I think this whole thing is a work in progress. There is so much to focus on when you first come home that it can be a bit overwhelming. One day at a time for all of us. Good luck everyone!

I couldn't pass the gas either, I am 10 days post op today. I asked my surgeon if I could stay an extra day, there was no way I was ready to go home 2 days post op! I finally started passing the gas on day 6! It really helped to have my husband drive me around, hit a few bumps and pot holes to jar things up a bit, them, lay on your back and try to pull your knees up to your chest and take some deep breaths, it worked like a charm for me!

Oh and on the Vitamins, my surgeon said to not worry about them for now, the Iron could make you feel worse plus, he said we can go at least a month before we are depleted to the point where we'd have concern. I had my surgery at the main campus of the Cleveland Clinic, my surgeon is pretty amazing so I really trust his advice. He said OK to take the B12, plus the 2 meds he prescribed for the gall stones and the stomach acid. He also said to start with Flinstones chewables, 2 per day in about a month

Good evening everyone! I am five days post op and feeling fantastic. I was up and out of the house and was gone all day until late this afternoon. I have no stomach pain, I have no incision pain, all of my gas pain is gone. I feel unbelievably fortunate to have gotten through the recovery thus far with very little pain.

I am having trouble finding Protein shakes that do not make me gag. But when I have to I am able to get them down. I found a cake batter Protein shake recipe online last night with 35 g of Protein. I gathered all the ingredients today while I was out and I just made one for myself. It is freaking fantastic! If anyone is looking for something different this would be the way to go. It has very little sugar maybe less than a gram and less than 4 g carbs but all of that protein. I highly recommend to give it a try if you are struggling with your Protein drinks.

I have been fortunate not to have any post op issues whatsoever and I hope that my journey continues to stay as simple as this has been. I wish all the new sleevers best of luck and I'm thinking about each and everyone of you.

Good evening everyone! I am five days post op and feeling fantastic. I was up and out of the house and was gone all day until late this afternoon. I have no stomach pain' date=' I have no incision pain, all of my gas pain is gone. I feel unbelievably fortunate to have gotten through the recovery thus far with very little pain.

I am having trouble finding Protein shakes that do not make me gag. But when I have to I am able to get them down. I found a cake batter Protein shake recipe online last night with 35 g of protein. I gathered all the ingredients today while I was out and I just made one for myself. It is freaking fantastic! If anyone is looking for something different this would be the way to go. It has very little sugar maybe less than a gram and less than 4 g carbs but all of that protein. I highly recommend to give it a try if you are struggling with your protein drinks.

I have been fortunate not to have any post op issues whatsoever and I hope that my journey continues to stay as simple as this has been. I wish all the new sleevers best of luck and I'm thinking about each and everyone of you.[/quote']

I was sleeved Monday 01-28-2013 and I'm doing quite well myself! A problem I'm having is being sore on my stomach but that's expected. I stopped taking my pain Meds Wednesday and was driving Thursday and then went shopping Friday! I was exhausted when I got home Friday so I just rested for the rest of the night. I'm also having a problem getting all my protein in. I'm so full from liquids that there's not enough room for protein. Anyone else having this problem? The left side of my stomach seems to be more sore than the right. Hope everyone is doing well and has a great weekend!!