Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 1/2 weeks post op still having pain

I have a question. I had surgery on 1/8/13 and have been progressing very well. I eat/drink fine and for the most part a lof of the surgical pain has subsided, not taking pain meds now... However, I still can't bend completely over as this does cause extreme pain, like my stomach is tearing in half followed by a burning sensation. I still need help when putting on shoes that lace up. And climbing into my truck is a little hard also as it pulls again... If I touch my stomach it just feels like a general, uncomfortable, tingly sensation near my largest incision where the stomach was removed... Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

I had my surgery 1/11. I still have some of what you're describing. My surgeon explained that he cut into the muscle and had placed sutures in the muscles. I think it's normal, and as more time progresses it will dissipate.

I was done on 1/15 and have exactly the same feelings you do. Is it on the left side?? that's where mine is the worst!!

i can barely close my car door without almost crying!!

I have same feeling you guys described, my surgery was 1/16. When I sneeze or cough it's the worst. But was told by md that it is healing inside. The largest incision where the stomach was taken out is the one that hurts. I still wear my abdominal binder all day to help, and once in a while, Tylenol for pain. But for the most part, it's tolerable. I went back to work this week, and I did okay. Just hang in there!

Very normal guys !! I think I wasn't pain free until at least 4 weeks out (especially the pulling, burning pain )

Oh yeah the left side under breast bone area yes it hurts just don't strain twist to much..

Totally normal. I am 2 months out & I just recently started being able to lay flat in bed without being propped up by 6 pillows. Don't worry. It gets better.

I was sleeved 1/7/13 I have no pain at all unless im bending backwards or REALLY stretching out my stomach area then I feel a little discomfort

I am feeling fine in general- but yes my major incision still hurts- and exactly as you described- tying shoes, bending over is the worst. My doctor said it was so painful as that is where he removed my stomach. It sure hurts. Sometimes I do something, or move a certain way and the pain is unreal.

I had mine on 1/15 and am feeling the same thing!

Misty eyes - what is the abdominal binder and should I get it and where?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000Z9CT8W/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1359645475&sr=8-3π=SL75

This is what it looks like. I asked my Md for it while I was in the hospital. It helps a lot with pain and makes me move around without the incision bothering me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000Z9CT8W/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1359645475&sr=8-3π=SL75

This is what it looks like. I asked my Md for it while I was in the hospital. It helps a lot with pain and makes me move around without the incision bothering me.

Yes I have one to given to me while in the hospital and it helps a lot

I was done on 1/15 and have exactly the same feelings you do. Is it on the left side?? that's where mine is the worst!!

i can barely close my car door without almost crying!!

Yes that's exactly where it is!!!

I had my surgery 1/11. I still have some of what you're describing. My surgeon explained that he cut into the muscle and had placed sutures in the muscles. I think it's normal' date=' and as more time progresses it will dissipate.[/quote']

Thanks, that makes sense... I just had to be sure I wasn't the only one.

Thanks everyone!!! I just had to be sure I wasn't alone in this...