Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weight loss stopped

Ok, I know this has been a topic of discussion before, but I have not lost anything since my first 10 days post op. I am 4 weeks out and lost an initial 10 pounds in the first 10 days and haven't lost anything since. I really don't understand it and it's causing me to freak out a little. I am doing everything right (getting enough Protein, liquids and even exercising several times per week) and not seeing the results. I need to be convinced that the weight will come off. I pray everyday that the scale does not say "206" anymore!!!

I am right there with you! my weight loss is extremely slow by others standards. It seems like my scale will not budge for like 14 days and then overnight there is a loss of 2lbs. then another stall for another week or so, then a loss of 1.5lbs. when you add it all up I have only lost to date approx. 21lbs since date of surgery which was 11/12/12. I'm just plugging away at it and now I know that it will take me much longer to reach my goal of 150lbs than other folks - so I have accepted it and try to feel happy with my little successes...do you feel better now that you know you are not alone :)

I'm just curious if you have read the threads on this topic and if your really feel the loss has stopped or stalled?

You're right, the topic has been discussed at length and the information is still relevant and up to date.

Hang in there and do get discouraged. I know it's easier said than done. Maybe you can do a 1-3 day liquid diet to get things moving. Good luck!

Thanks for the support and encouragement, ladies! I am not necessarily comforted by the fact that there are others who are having similar experiences because I don't want other people to experiencethis frustration, but it does help to be reminded that some of us are slower losers and the sooner I accept that, the better! So, thanks for taking the time to offer your advice and support.

While I have read some other threads on here, I am a pretty new user. I cannot say for certain whether I have "stopped" losing or "stalled" as I am not up to speed on the vernacular. What I do know is that I lost 10 lbs in 10 days and haven't lost anything since, which is frustrating, disapointing and scary . All I was looking for in posting this was some individualized support and/or advice and suggestions on how to break through. I didn't realize that posting a new thread on a topic that had already been discussed was frowned upon.

All I was looking for in posting this was some individualized support and/or advice and suggestions on how to break through. I didn't realize that posting a new thread on a topic that had already been discussed was frowned upon.

Please don't read my post from a cynical point of view. It is quite the opposite.

There are 1,000s threads on threads on this topic ... one more is not going to make a difference. It's not frowned upon to post a new thread on a popular topic. I just want to suggest gleaning the great information that has already been shared by hundreds of other veteran sleevers. Which would you like? 4 or 5 responses to this thread or dozens and dozens of shared experiences?

Please don't feel bad about posting a popular topic again. I was in an 11 week stall. I did everything I could think of: increased Water, increased Protein, increased exercise. I lost 14 lbs on pre diet and lost 10 lb is 17 days post op. I thought this is great! Then I hit the wall and didn't lose a pound my next visit or my next visit. I was almost 3 months out and had only lost 24 lbs. To say I was depressed and upset is putting in mildly especially when you read on here about "pounds melting off" or people losing and "not exercising yet". I read all about stalls and wondered "will I be the one that this doesn't work for"? I think we all feel that sometimes. I reevaluated my diet and dropped my carbs and most importantly RELAXED. Then I stepped back and looked at what I have accomplished. All total I have lost 45 lbs and havent gained it back. I went thru Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years and didn't gain. I have more energy, I feel better, some of my clothes feel looser, I am in a pair of pants with no stretch a size down from a pair that had stretch, I am eating healthy and exercising which will extend my life, and I see changes in my body-definition, less fat when pinched, my wrist is smaller and I can feel my collar bones. Sometimes we get so caught up in reaching the finish line that we miss the changes along the way. It will happen! It has to if you are eating less and moving more. All bodies are different and sometimes we are rabbits and sometimes we are turtles but we will all win the race. Best of luck and Relax. Stressing about it can and will cause your body to hold onto the weight.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with your post. I also am on a 5 day stall. I had my surgery 1/14 and have lost 14 pounds. I know I know it will come off but I want to see it now. I have many things I want to post that are discussed often. If propel are not interested in your post then they can just scroll down no need to respond :). I am sure we will start moving soon. Good luck to u!!!

I am right there with you! my weight loss is extremely slow by others standards. It seems like my scale will not budge for like 14 days and then overnight there is a loss of 2lbs. then another stall for another week or so' date=' then a loss of 1.5lbs. when you add it all up I have only lost to date approx. 21lbs since date of surgery which was 11/12/12. I'm just plugging away at it and now I know that it will take me much longer to reach my goal of 150lbs than other folks - so I have accepted it and try to feel happy with my little successes...do you feel better now that you know you are not alone :)[/quote']

I am in a similar boat and till am.