Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Low Carb Slim Fast Versus Unjury?

Hello, I am having my surgery a week from today and trying to find a suitable Protein supplement. Something that I will like, My question is nutrition wise as well as which is best for weight loss after surgery when you have to supplement, which is better or does it matter......low carb slimfast or a Protein Powder such as Unjury? Thanks for the help!

During the liquid phases it is more important to find something you can tolerate then anything else. Also since a lot of people have there tastes in Protein supplements change after surgery you might not want to buy to much of anything till after when you can figure out what you like. Good Luck.

I'd go for the Protein powder, they tend to have more grams of protein per serving than slim fast.

I think the low carb slim fast had 20 grams of Protein per 8 oz. same as the protein powder, but do you think the low carb slim fast would slow down your weight loss or would it be ok?

During the liquid phase my NUT said it was ok to do Meal Replacement drinks (ie Slim Fast) but after week 3, I wasn't to have them anymore. Week 3 was when I introduced purée foods. Since then I've used unjury. I love the vanilla mixed with Starbucks caramel coffee. I also like the chocolate splendor mixed with milk.

I think that slim fast is a lot higher in calories that just the Protein powder.

I think the low carb slim fast had 20 grams of Protein per 8 oz. same as the Protein powder' date=' but do you think the low carb slim fast would slow down your weight loss or would it be ok?[/quote']

I don't know whether it will slow it down but I know that the Low Carb Slimfast RTD (it is what i drank mostly)with 20gms protein taste WAY BETTER than unjury...I haven't been drinking Protein shakes since after liquids but I could not stomach and of the Unjury products and I tried them all.I also drank a Low Carb EAS protein RTD with 18-20gms protein and they were not too bad either....