Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When can i eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwiich?

That sounds like a wonderful question to ask your surgeon or dietician, since they know your status, condition and dietary plan far better than any of us ever will.

One day you will be cleared for all foods. Then you will be able to eat those things. Some people have a hard time with bread, some don't. I am several months out and really haven't had a piece of bread yet but I think I'd be fine if I did!

As for Peanut Butter I eat PB2 you can look it up on Amazon or buy it at some local stores :)

Yeah when you get to solid foods you will be able to have your sandwich and eat it to. But beware bread is a slider food for a lot of people meaning you can eat more of it then you should when you start so you have to be careful to not go overboard, and of course bread is usually very high in carbs.

I have a hard time with any type of bread-like foods. I get full immediately, kinda stuck-like...I'm 5 months out...

bread is not a slider...at least not for most people :P It tends to bulk up in the sleeve and make most sleevers miserable.

Some lucky few can tolerate it... I'm not one of them

Now chips those are sliders... They crush up into being basically weightless and we can eat so many with no restriction... I have to avoid them or have someone with me to pull the bag away lol

I think when you're cleared for all foods you can eat bread. It's definitely not a slider food for me. It swells up in my little tummy and gives me hardcore pain! But I think eventually you should be able to eat a half a sandwich.

bread is not a slider...at least not for most people :P It tends to bulk up in the sleeve and make most sleevers miserable.

Some lucky few can tolerate it... I'm not one of them

Now chips those are sliders... They crush up into being basically weightless and we can eat so many with no restriction... I have to avoid them or have someone with me to pull the bag away lol

I ate half of a biscuit yesterday and I was fine. So I don't think bread will be hard for me, other than its high in carbs and I need to eat it sparingly.

I was cleared for bread a month out. Was told to stick to wheat bread and toast it so it isn't so dense. I didn't try bread until about 2 months PO though. I am one of the few who really don't have an issue with bread. It does sit heavier then other foods but it is doable for me. Though I very rarely have it these days. I doubt you'll be able to eat a whole PB&J sandwich post op but maybe a half anyway.

peanut butta jelly time!!! peanut butta jelly peanut butta jelly!!! lol i think about 6 months

Oh Dana I'm so envious hehe I miss biscuits

It's probably best that I can't handle it

I had Portion Control problems and I ate for taste not hunger

And I love bread!!!

Haha okay I just noticed the peanut buttah jelly song hehe sung by Biscuit lol

Thanks everyone. I can wait considering oatmeal is heavy on me so I can imagine bread. I am tracking my food on MFP and while all I'm eating is small servings of cottage cheese or eggs and Beans, the chart keeps showing that I am having 1/3 carbs 1/3 Protein an 1/3 fat. I'm not sure how to make protein higher than the others. Grrrr any suggestions? Any one care to post a pic of their MYP daily diary of a successful eater?

ooops sorry I was not thinking right, bread is the opposite of a slider, sorry for any confusion.

Oh Dana I'm so envious hehe I miss biscuits

It's probably best that I can't handle it

I had Portion Control problems and I ate for taste not hunger

And I love bread!!!

Trust me, if I could have eaten the whole biscuit I would have! But half was all I could do. Which is fine with me! My problem is that I am really not wanting to eat real food for some reason. I try and it almost disgusts me. Very weird. I am mostly relying on my shakes for Protein and calories. Of course, the high carb , zero Protein biscuit tasted great! :(