Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No wieght loss in 3 days

This is so frustrating I haven't lost anything in three days :( I'm 17 days out and had been dropping daily till 3 days ago .. Any one else having this issue so early on?

i lost 20 in the first 9 days and then nothing for 14. on day 15 i lost 4 lbs and then had another stall. i hear it's completely normal in the beginning until your body adjusts. frustrating as hell though. :/

i lost 20 in the first 9 days and then nothing for 14. on day 15 i lost 4 lbs and then had another stall. i hear it's completely normal in the beginning until your body adjusts. frustrating as hell though. :/

I'm down 23 lbs but yes it's so Frustrating , but congrats on your loss :D

This is so frustrating I haven't lost anything in three days :( I'm 17 days out and had been dropping daily till 3 days ago .. Any one else having this issue so early on?

hey Newbie

people don't drop weight one, two, three

have surgery on a friday, by Monday - down 100 lbs :angry:

doesn't work that way :angry: wish it did though!!!

since you are new here - i understand and "forgive :) " the fact that you are upset about not losing weight in 3 days :)

God Grant Me Patience - Just Hurry Up About It!!!! :)

you'll be fine bud - the weight will come off sooner than later

good luck :)

I am pre-sleeve, but am on an 800 calorie a day diet so I expect fast results, just like someone post surgery, I mean 800 calories to sustain a 300 pound woman, I should lose huge numbers daily.. right? WRONG. I weigh daily and it usually looks something like this

Monday 310 pounds

Tuesday 311 pounds

Wednesday 309 pounds

Thursday 310 pounds

Friday 309 pounds

Saturday 309 pounds

Sunday 307 pounds

Right at first, I actually lost 26 pounds VERY quickly and then gained two pounds and stayed there for almost 3 weeks and then started losing in the pattern outlined above.

Now this doesn't frustrate me because I know it's the pattern for me, BUT if it's frustrates you then only weigh weekly.

I am pre-sleeve' date=' but am on an 800 calorie a day diet so I expect fast results, just like someone post surgery, I mean 800 calories to sustain a 300 pound woman, I should lose huge numbers daily.. right? WRONG. I weigh daily and it usually looks something like this

Monday 310 pounds

Tuesday 311 pounds

Wednesday 309 pounds

Thursday 310 pounds

Friday 309 pounds

Saturday 309 pounds

Sunday 307 pounds

Right at first, I actually lost 26 pounds VERY quickly and then gained two pounds and stayed there for almost 3 weeks and then started losing in the pattern outlined above.

Now this doesn't frustrate me because I know it's the pattern for me, BUT if it's frustrates you then only weigh weekly.[/quote']

I am also pre-sleeve... And I KNOW exactly about this frustration!!!! I have been stuck at my last pound to meet my pre-surgery weight criteria. I have done all of my pre-op duties except drop the last pound. I have been battling this pound for about two weeks! I have tried lower calories, higher calories, liquid diet, laxatives, Water pills, upping my cardio... You name it, I've tried it. I finally just decided to accept that I need to stop stressing over this and let it happen.

Just know that you are not alone. ;)

I just finished week one of my pre-op diet. I allow myself two weigh-ins per week. It's been really hard to stick with, but I know it's the right approach.

I am so glad you wrote this post. New or not to the support boards here, it's frustrating. I am 11 days post surgery and each day I was losing weigh (17lbs to date) and this morning the scale stayed the same. Plus the day before was such a hard day. I guess to me, I can't understand that given the lower number of calories going into this body, that I am not losing tonage every day! This liquid diet is something. My cravings are ridiculous. Any suggestions...welcomed

And this is exactly why its not good to weigh urself everyday (I personally believe that scales are possessed and will drive us crazy...if we let them lol). My advice to u is relax, the weight will come off when u focus on other aspects of the sleeve such as ur eating habits or exercising or even sorting out ur relationship with food. Get ur mind off of a weight loss and watch how u begin dropping weight again:)...GOOD LUCK!

It's frustrating when you see such a dramatic drop right after surgery and then it stops. It's completely normal. I lost 15 lbs the first 2 weeks, then had a 3 week stall. I'm 7 weeks out now, and I lose about 2 1/2-3 1/2 lbs per week pretty consistently, but I don't see weight loss every day. Sometimes it's 4 or 5 days in between. Have patience, and if you can, only weigh in once a week (hard, I know). Slow and steady wins the race. Besides, when have we horizontally challenged ever been able to lose 27 lbs in 7 weeks? Be grateful for these small victories. :-)

And this is exactly why its not good to weigh urself everyday (I personally believe that scales are possessed and will drive us crazy...if we let them lol). My advice to u is relax' date=' the weight will come off when u focus on other aspects of the sleeve such as ur eating habits or exercising or even sorting out ur relationship with food. Get ur mind off of a weight loss and watch how u begin dropping weight again:)...GOOD LUCK![/quote']

I completely agree! I'm pre-sleev, but I have already made a deal with my husband for him to hide the scale from me except for weekly weigh ins! I know myself tooooo well, and I will become obsessed with weighing daily.

I completely agree! I'm pre-sleev' date=' but I have already made a deal with my husband for him to hide the scale from me except for weekly weigh ins! I know myself tooooo well, and I will become obsessed with weighing daily.[/quote']

Lol I love this!....i wish i could i hide the scale from myself lol (because I would weigh myself everyday) I am still pre sleeve and I am thinking of just throwing away my scale and just rely on my doctor weigh ins post sleeve....at least until I develop a healthier relationship with the scale.

I am also 17 days out! (Sleeve buddies) I have lost 19# but have hit a 3 day stall. I have read that it is very normal but still very frustrating. I have family asking everyday, "how much did you loose today?" It is frustrating. I trying to drink more fluids today and I am going for a walk with my daughter in a little bit. I am thinking of putting my scale away and weighing once a week. Not sure this will happen.

Lol sweetie it's normal. I stopped losing 10days out, was at a stall for 4wks. Body's adjusting, make sure you get in your fluids and Proteins and work out as soon as you get approval to

I am also 17 days out! (Sleeve buddies) I have lost 19# but have hit a 3 day stall. I have read that it is very normal but still very frustrating. I have family asking everyday, "how much did you loose today?" It is frustrating. I trying to drink more fluids today and I am going for a walk with my daughter in a little bit. I am thinking of putting my scale away and weighing once a week. Not sure this will happen.

Hi-I am so glad to meet someone with a very similar experience and same surgery date...thanks for responding. I started searching for online support groups because yesterday was so hard. I am having food cravings- are you? This 2 week liquid diet is something else. But Wed they say I can add in strained cream Soups, egg drop Soups and in a few days LF Cottage cheese. I too just tried a brief walk and it went better than I thought. I am still very sore on my left side. But each day is better than the last. The scale I think reflects success to so many of us who have been tied to our weight for years. So I think that is why so many people get stuck on the number, or at least it is why I do. I am praying for progress in the AM. Thanks for responding.