Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

I've been poking around site for a few weeks now. I had my Drs appt a few weeks ago. Omg, I feel like its going to be forever before I get the surgery. I have so many steps to take! Anyone else out there feel like you are never gonna get thru the enormous check list you have to get thru before a date is scheduled?

I remember that anxious feeling like it was yesterday. I am 3 weeks until surgery and my mind is just slowing down. I've been waiting 2 months

I've been working towards surgery since August! It's a six month journey to get final approval and a referral to see the surgeon. I've finally arrived at the stage to meet with the surgeon, which is scheduled for Tuesday. Hopefully I will get WLS date then. In some respects it's been a long process, but in other's it seems like the 6 months went by quickly....of course it could be because of my age...the older I get the quicker time seems to fly by :rolleyes:

Hello' date='

I've been poking around site for a few weeks now. I had my Drs appt a few weeks ago. Omg, I feel like its going to be forever before I get the surgery. I have so many steps to take! Anyone else out there feel like you are never gonna get thru the enormous check list you have to get thru before a date is scheduled?[/quote']

This site is filled with wonderful people who give great advice... I'm in MD also. I didn't have to do much before surgery, but I remember how it felt like everything took forever. Then, when I finally got my date, the time flew by..lol. Just wanted to stop in and say good luck on your journey! It's a wonderfully fantastic(yet can be frustrating at times) ride!

Welcome.

Hello' date='

I've been poking around site for a few weeks now. I had my Drs appt a few weeks ago. Omg, I feel like its going to be forever before I get the surgery. I have so many steps to take! Anyone else out there feel like you are never gonna get thru the enormous check list you have to get thru before a date is scheduled?[/quote']

Hi I'm new here as well. I had my first appointment this Friday and I have two test scheduled. I'm nervous u insurance will make me monitor my diet for 6 months before they approve surgery. ;(. I've only been over weight forever!! Good luck to you

I'm in MD too. The way for approval wasn't that bad for me, but the wait for the surgery is. My mom was just diagnosed with cancer and has to get a surgery ASAP so I will be postponing mine to take care of her. I am scheduled for march 8 but I think I'm going to postpone further :-/

Hello, I am in MD as well. I started my journey 6 months ago when I finally realized I needed to do something about my weight. I am 5'10" and 265lbs. My highest weight was 292. I have been over weight my entire life. I have been on diet after diet only to gain it back. I want to make a positive change so I set out to do that but am getting very discouraged. This process is entirely too long. I am meeting with my surgeon next month and hope to have a surgery date by then.

When I decided to purse VGS, I told my two closest friends and my sister. I was surprised by their reaction. Has anyone else out there had someone put you down for making this decision? I really want to stay positive but am have a hard time as only my sister has been supportive. This type of reaction from friends has lead me not to discuss my surgery plans with anyone. If any anyone has any advice I would love to hear it.

Hi,

I'm in MD too. Just got my surgery date...May 8th. My doctor is very booked up!!!

Going to AAMC. Went to Hopkins 2 years ago and backed out because I was doing really well on WW.

OF COURSE I gained every pound back.

So excited. Haven't told many people because I really think people around here will judge me.

I live in a skinny - beautiful people area. I honestly have almost no overweight friends.

I have lots of comorbitities so qualifying not a problem, but surgeon had me do every test under the sun.

I can't wait!!

I'm in MD too. The way for approval wasn't that bad for me' date=' but the wait for the surgery is. My mom was just diagnosed with cancer and has to get a surgery ASAP so I will be postponing mine to take care of her. I am scheduled for march 8 but I think I'm going to postpone further :-/[/quote']

My mom has done very well and insists that I do not postpone. :-) so I'm still set for next Friday march 8th.

I am also in MD waiting to be sleeved! I have a date for March 27,, I can't wait. I also will be doing it at AAMC! The process is entirely too long!! I think our insurance companies want us to give up along the way so they don't have to pay :(

I can only hope that the 6 month trend goes away... years ago people had to do up to a year of pre-surgery requisites.... now it averages at 6 months.... my insurer gave you a choice of 3 or 6 months... Im reading more & more about insurers with no waiting periods as long as you meet the criteria....

anyway, good luck to the OP.... the time FLIES.... I went for my first info Session just to get info about the surgery at the end of March 2012... was sleeved Aug 30, 2012...so today is my 6 month surgiversay... I cannot tell you HOW FAST TIME FLIES Post-op.... I remember thinking that the clock/calender didnt move between March & August last year.... now it seems like I was on the operating table a few days ago

Hi

I had my GED and doctor found bile in my esophagus. I have to do a "swallow test" to make sure I can get the sleeve. Anyone else have this?

Soooooooooo many tests!!!

I'm getting frustrated and impatient. Surgery date is May 8th because Dr is getting so booked up. It IS nice to know that so many people are getting surgery. I like going to the monthly support group.

I'm in Md had my surgery Jan 30 at Meritus in Hagerstown. On my way up there now for my 2nd follow up.