Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi my name is Pam Im 38 yo this Jan. (2013) I am needing some new friends Im a newbie just started on here I also have a page on Facebook that I just started called MY WEIGHTLOSS ADVENTURE please like it I really need more likes on it....... anyways Im just starting Im on mnth 2 week 1 of my 6 mnth diet then its a 14 day preop diet so probley abt Juneish.......Im looking forward to haveing the SLEEVE surgery I cant wait...Its real hard for me to lose weight by myself.....I started out weighing 260 lbs and now I weigh 244 lbs so thats a little loss they want me to lose 1 lb per wk=4lbs per mnthx6 mnths =24lbs before surgery I really hope I can do this bc I really do need the surgery I cant lose 100 lbs or more without it even if its just close to 100 lbs I should be happier......(My profile picture is the same on here and facebook)......

Welcome to the group. I finish my 6 months the end of Feb with sleeve scheduled on 3/14.

Hi Pam :)

Congrats on your weight loss and hope you do really well on your journey.

I am post op but find this to be a really good place to talk to people who know exactly what it's like to be in our shoes.

Best wishes and look forward to reading more about your progress.

Hi my name is Pam Im 38 yo this Jan. (2013) I am needing some new friends Im a newbie just started on here I also have a page on Facebook that I just started called MY WEIGHTLOSS ADVENTURE please like it I really need more likes on it....... anyways Im just starting Im on mnth 2 week 1 of my 6 mnth diet then its a 14 day preop diet so probley abt Juneish.......Im looking forward to haveing the SLEEVE surgery I cant wait...Its real hard for me to lose weight by myself.....I started out weighing 260 lbs and now I weigh 244 lbs so thats a little loss they want me to lose 1 lb per wk=4lbs per mnthx6 mnths =24lbs before surgery I really hope I can do this bc I really do need the surgery I cant lose 100 lbs or more without it even if its just close to 100 lbs I should be happier......(My profile picture is the same on here and facebook)......

Welcome to the group:)

Hi. I'm going to my seminar on the 2nd of Feb but I don't need a 6 month diet. We can keep each other posted on progress and stuff we learn. :-)

I'm 100 lbs over weight and will be happy to lose just 60! :-) for the past 10 years I've lost 10, gained 20 and I keep going up. Time for change!

You can do it!!!! I lost 23 lbs in 2 months by making changes in my diet mostly!! I cut out ALL bread and chips and ALL Snacks. I ate several a day, so it was a little difficult at first just because of 'habit' not because I was hungry, I was NEVER hungry. I rode my husband's stationary bike three times a week, but only for 10 minutes. I was NOT working up a sweat!! :) It was the food changes that did it for me. I was never a 'coke girl' so soft drinks weren't an issue. If you drink them.....STOP.

Good luck, enjoy the ride, it's wild!! One year post op you'll look back and it will be hard to believe, I promise!!!

Welcome to the group!!!!

Hi ...I am 38 also and been on yoyo diets forever. I am post sleeve and prior to surgery I lost 21lbs on liquids and Protein Shakes. I had the sleeve on 12/26 and since then I have lost only 8lbs. They say this is normal but I was expecting more. I guess I am expecting too much as I am still early on. Not drinking alot I do good to get 30ml a day. Good luck and any questions you will find the answers here every one is so helpful

ONLY 8 lbs???!!!! That is wonderful and that is 8 lbs that is forever lost. Not one of our yo yo things!! Enjoy the ride, it's wild. You'll lose weight faster than your head can keep up, I promise you!!! It's also normal to lose 2 or 3 lbs, then gain it back and then lose it again....up and down several times and then all of a sudden, it's gone for good.....on to the next 2 or 3!!! This is very common, don't fret. If you are doing what you are suppose to do....you will lose at a nice steady pace. Approx 85% of your tummy was removed, it's forced Portion Control. You're doing good!!

Hi ...I am 38 also and been on yoyo diets forever. I am post sleeve and prior to surgery I lost 21lbs on liquids and Protein shakes. I had the sleeve on 12/26 and since then I have lost only 8lbs. They say this is normal but I was expecting more. I guess I am expecting too much as I am still early on. Not drinking alot I do good to get 30ml a day. Good luck and any questions you will find the answers here every one is so helpful

I also need folks to go to my new Facebook page and LIKE IT its called MY WEIGHTLOSS ADVENTURE its abt my sleeve befroe and after my surgery I havent had surgery just yet but i do plan to.....anyways please LIKE IT FOR ME....I NEED THE LIKES so I can do more things on it

Hi Pam...my name is Pam also and I too am 38...lol..will be 39 in May...welcome to the group. :)

Welcome