Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

FREAKIN BAND!!! Three unfills and still problems!

I went back to MX yesterday to get another unfill!! It got so bad that every time I drank anything it came right back up. My husband and I were out on Sunday and we kept on having to pull over so I could "water" some bushes.:) Forget about eating. I haven't eaten anything in over a week. So, here's the crazy part...if that wasn't crazy enough...I went to Dr. Ortiz yesterday and they saw NOTHING wrong under fluoro...no swelling, no major restriction, band in the correct placement, etc.:o They went ahead and did a .3 unfill anyway based on my symptoms but they must've thought I was a nut 'cuz it looks like everything is fine. Today I am having trouble with liquids AGAIN. It's staying down but I have to drink really slowly and I have the pain in my chest. UGGGGG freakin band!!:faint: The only good news is I am only about 20 lbs from goal. This is not how I wanted to lose though...way to much pain and suffering.:guess

Laura, you may just be swelling after an unfill. Seems odd, but that's the only thing I can come up with if all looks well under flouro. Get some aloe vera juice to sooothe the band. sip sip sip it all day. When you can finally drink again, be sure to stick to liquids for several days before moving to mushies, etc. just like post-op. Go slow and easy. I know you are hungry. Get those protien shakes in when you can. You need liquid nutrition.

Laura,

I am so sorry! That is a miserable way to lose weight!

I had the same problem in the summer, so I went back to TJ and had a larger unfill than what the doctor thought I needed. It still seems that some days are tighter if my morning medication doesn't go down just right, or if I drink or eat too fast, or too early, and I am only filled to 1.4 cc!

If things don't improve drastically, why not get a radical unfill until you are healed? You are almost at goal weight, anyway (AWESOME!!!)

Oh yeah...And Kathy's suggestion of sipping aloe vera juice is great. Her advice helped me immensely!

Yes, gotta love the aloe Kathy. I honestly think that may be why my band looked good and there was no swelling...although even though I tried to get the aloe down it was coming back up but maybe some of it stayed down anyway. I will drink some more...I did get the berry flavor and I still have some of the stomach formula that is sort of a gel. It doesn't taste as good as the berry but it sorta feels good going down because it's like a gel. I was able to get 16 oz of crystal light down and I feel ok now so maybe my esophogus is just swollen from all the puking that was going on for the last week.

Laura,

Sorry you are going through this. Hope things are getting a little better. I have found that Crystal Lite is a little harsh on my throat. You might want to ease up on it and go for the plain Water or a Protein drink. Even Water down the Protein Drink if its too thick. I've tried the Aloe Vera as well, but when I'm irritated it just comes back up. I believe, like you, that some of it stays and works.

Keep drinking and hopefully this will pass.

Hi Laura, I'm new on here but I know where your coming from, if you read my thread I just put in on Help from old banders, you'll know what I mean. Can you tell me what a "flouro" is? I've been going through just about the same thing for well over a year and when I spray people when Water I've just drunk that comes up without me knowing it's coming I've just about had it. Hope you start doing better, glad you've lost some weight with it, not me, since I can't do meat and I get hungry I turn to sweets, they go down too good. I've very down about it at this point. Take care, Sue

Hi bkgrandma, flouro is when they have you drink barium and take an xray to see what's goinh on with your band, etc.

I made an appointment with my doc 'cuz I think maybe I have a bad cold...totally unrelated to the band but I have a bad sore throat that may just be a cold or strp throat.

Thanks Kathy but I really feel like I have strep throat. I noticed when you had this it didn't hurt when you swallowed?? I thought I read that... maybe I should go back and check. Anyway, it hurts when I swallow...otherwise it isn't too bad. I know puking all weekend probably doesn't help but I think my immune system may be weakened. I hope the doc can figure out if it's strep or esophogitis. I'll let you all know after tomorrow.

Right, I didn't have that typical Strep Throat symptom, just a sore esophogus. Mine ended up being reflux related, resolved with aloe vera and Prilosec. The kids next door had Strep and I got concerned. Good decision to head to your PCP. Keep us posted!

Ok, well, my pcp wasn't a whole lotta help. She didn't really know if I had an infection or esophogitis. She is leaning toward esophogitis since she didn't see any sign of infection. She prescribed a liquid antibiotic for me and Prevacid. Now my stupid insurance wants pre-auth for the prevacid, so we will see how that goes. Meanwhile I guess I'll keep taking the prilosec OTC.

Oh, here's a really cool NSV in the midst of all this though....gotta find the bright side.:clap2: I got a pair of True Religion Jeans today in a size................4!!!:) Ok, and they actually fit good! I think it's just this brand 'cuz I am either a 6 or 8 in other brands.:rolleyes I did come home and try on a pair of levis I got about two weeks ago. Luckily I didn't take the tags off 'cuz I have to return them they were waaaayyy too loose.:) It's weird but last time I lost weight it took another good 10lbs before I was in this size but maybe I have more muscle this time.:) The other good news is I don't think I am going to need a Tummy Tuck. While I have a bit of loose skin it isn't sagging or anything so not enough to worry about.