Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

not dropping pounds like crazy...but dropping pants sizes!

Okay, surgery date was 10/22. Day of surgery I weighed somewhere around 292. Today, I weigh 262. Doing the math, that is 30 pounds in almost 3 months. I had hoped for a much bigger number to be reflected at this point on the scale. Despite my disappointing loss in pounds, I can claim victory in other aspects of my life. I have dropped from a 24 to a 16 pants size! When I walk by a mirror, I don't wince in pain from the reflection I see staring back at me. Yes, I have a long way to go, but I am getting there, slowly but surely. Not sure why the scale is not reflecting the changes I am seeing. Anyone else experiencing or experienced this? I will say, I am not working out, but really do feel as though I have the energy to do it, just needing to make the time in my crazy schedule.

Feeling great at my slow loser pace. Happy to be wearing my skinnier jeans!

Hello, I've been riding the same road as you are. It's going very slowly. Sleeved 10/26, down 36 was expecting more at this point but I have to say I don't feel well allif the time. I always feel hungry and empty so I've been eating what I crave staying from too many carbs of course. I am still learning my limitations but know when I am full. I have more energy now but am not working out just walking my dogs. I'm content with my loss, just hope it keeps going.

I was sleeved 10/10 and have dropped about 50 lbs. I was hoping for more by now. Amazingly I have not really gone down any sizes. I was 18 and still wear an 18. I can squeeze into a 16, but it is not pretty! lol

I was sleeved 10/10 and have dropped about 50 lbs. I was hoping for more by now. Amazingly I have not really gone down any sizes. I was 18 and still wear an 18. I can squeeze into a 16' date=' but it is not pretty! lol[/quote']

I Have lost 29 PDs 17 inches and still fit into my 16s, but I remember squeezing INto them and now they fit nice lol... I will be happy when I actually fit into a size 14 properly lol

Funny how everyone has a different journey. It is like you don't really know what to expect going into it because everyone is different. Wishing I could be one of those that has lost tons of pounds, but happy I am losing pants sizes

I had surgery 10/8/2012. I have lost 55 pounds. Everyone says oh your skinny now. I dont feel skinny at 185/187 pounds. It is always going up and down a couple of pounds. I have dropped lots in pants sizes. I went from 22/24 to 14/16 depends on the pants. In danskin stretch pants I need a medium which is 10/12. I was wishing I would have lost more by now,but I havent. It seems slow to me also.

I also had surgery on 10/22 and I have lost 56 lbs and maybe one pant size. I weigh 261 lbs now and there is NO way that I could get into a size 16, I'm still hovering between 24 and 26. I had hoped to lose more by now, and quite honestly thought that losing 56 lbs would have moved into a smaller pant size. Anyway, I should be very happy with my loss considering that I don't get enough Water and I don't exercise.

SAME HERE! So glad to see I'm not alone! 10/29 to now and only down 32! Sizes have gone down a lot but good grief! Hungry ALOT... Any advice????

I'm in the same boat. The scale doesn't reflect much weight loss for me (sleeved 11/15 and down 30 lbs) but everyone tells me how much I have slimmed down and how much my face has changed. Hopefully things will work out :)

I've lost 48 since 11/3 but still in a size 20 (starting weight 296 now 248). Id much rather be a size 16! Congrats!!!!!

I've lost 50 since August 31st. I'm not complaining at all- I'm happy that I'm still losing, even though its sloooow.

Sleeved 10/05 I have lost 50 lbs since surgery. In the beginning it was dropping steadily at 4-5 pounds a week but the last couple of weeks I have stalled only loosing 1-2 pounds. I think I need to change up my exercise routine.

I had my surgery on 10/09/2012. I started at 258 lbs and now weight 191. I have gone from a size 22/20 to a 16/14. I'm very please with my results althought at times it has seem slow. I need to excise more often. Need to find the time.

even if you aren't loosing weight that doesn't mean that you aren't shrinking.... especially if your exercising!