Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Ariel Ortiz - recent surgery check in!

Glad to hear you are doing well, Mary! Keep us posted :)

Well, now I have nice clean teeth and the chip fixed. Medical Tourism is pretty cool.

The most painful thing I have experienced is when they are pushing the meds through the IV tube. It stings / burns like crazy at the entry point. The Doctor was in the room when the nurse was doing it this morning. He was Wow, you are really sensitive to the drugs. Oh, yeah, you can tell I have never been a drug user.

I came back at had some of my SF Jello, took a nap, had some Soup. Walked down to the pool, laid there for awhile soaking up the rays, then walked around the lobbey. I am now back on the boards bored.

Mary

So Mary, did they make you get that stuff done and what did they charge? Also, I'm so glad that you are doing so well. I keep trying to email you back but my phone keeps sending it back.... GRRRR

Well, now I have nice clean teeth and the chip fixed. Medical Tourism is pretty cool.

The most painful thing I have experienced is when they are pushing the meds through the IV tube. It stings / burns like crazy at the entry point. The Doctor was in the room when the nurse was doing it this morning. He was Wow, you are really sensitive to the drugs. Oh, yeah, you can tell I have never been a drug user.

I came back at had some of my SF Jello, took a nap, had some Soup. Walked down to the pool, laid there for awhile soaking up the rays, then walked around the lobbey. I am now back on the boards bored.

Mary

Hey Mary..how uncomfortable is your drain? I have been wondering what we are supposed to do with it while we are at the hotel. Does it just kinda hang? Should I wear clothes with a pocket?

I let it hang, or tucked it in my waist band. It really isn't bad. The worst pain I had is when they were pushing the meds through my IV, it stung and kind of burned. Dr. Lopez was in there this mornign when the nurse was doing it. He said, wow you are sensitive to drugs. yeah, I could never be a IV drug abuser.

Mary

I actually woke up out of surgery holding it in my palm of my hand. I looked at it and thought it was some kind of morphine controller for my IV. It looks like a little bottle with pinkish / red cool aid in it.

I don't want to jinx this as I tomorrow will be the first day without IV drugs, but I have been pleasantly surprised how little pain, nausea, etc. The best part is that I am not hungry even though I have basically had Water, SF jellow, 8 oz of juice, and chicken broth since Monday night.

Mary

Teeth cleaning and fixing my chip tooth was $200. It would have been covered by my insurance at home, but I haven't found time to go to the dentist in 4 years. Now, with my M-F travel schedule, I was having problems finding a dentist with Saturday hours. Just seemed like a easy option to my problem of getting to a dentist.

Mary

Awesome, awesome! I hope to do as well as you :)

I hope I have an easy surgery experience like you! Thanks for all the updates. Leaving for TJ in 3 short days!

Congrats!!!!!!!

This is awesome Mary, I'm so happy that you are feeling so well. I need to have dental work as well when I get to Mexico. Which dentist did you use?

The OCC has a dentist in the group. I used her. They also have a plastic surgeon etc as part of their group. I am getting Botox and Juvaderm done today. I had planned that before i came down. Dentist was more of a spur of the moment thing.

Mary

I had my drainage tube removed and leak test completed. All is good. I had drinkable yogurt ... yum! I am still not hungry, but I am looking forward to having full liquids, which starts on Monday. Yeah. Oh, and I can start having caffeine on Monday too.

I am still doing really well. Minimal pain, can drink fluids fairly well, but I do need frequent naps.

Mary

sounds like everything is going great!

Looking forward to hearing your updates, Mary. I leave in three days!! Shelly, I hope to see you there!! =)