Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just 2 lbs in a week...WTH?? & this is after walking on treadmill 30 min each day! & yes, I am getting plenty of Protein & Water, heck...that's about ALL I get! I am one month out & just lost 17 lbs! I guess I am officially one of the "slow losers"...:-(. This sucks! But I am going to try & be optimistic & say at least I'm loosing! I have decided this weighing is too much stress....I AM loosing...I can FEEL my body changing! So,I have decided I'm just going to weigh once a month...or when I go to the dr since I have an apt in a couple weeks! :-/

Alot of people would be in heaven to lose 2lbs a week! Just learn how your body is going to lose it and embrace it! You didn't gain it all in one night or week or year so just do what you are suppose to do, eat right and listen to your surgeon!! Look at your TICKER! :)

If I could consistently lose 2 pounds a week, I'd be so freaking happy! That's 8-10 pounds a month.....80-100 pounds in only 10 months!

I am 2 lb a week loser for the past month (3 months post op) At 1st I was discouraged but then I am like 2 lb loss is 100 times better than before WLS so I am happy. I suggest taking the measuments. People tend to lose inches even though they are loosing slow on lbs. Might make you feel better. Just try not to compare yourself to others.. If you have major concerns, talk to Dr and NUT. Make sure you are recording everything you take in. They might need that info to help you if you hit a stall.

I am a 2 lb. A week loser too!

I agree even though I get my Water and Protein in... I still feel I am doing better than most (non wls people)

I get on my treadmill every morning for 3 miles. Somedays I run half a mile then walk just to get things moving along... I don't care how long it takes me, 3 miles is my personal goal every day.

I am also 3 months out and have been a slow loser since week 3!

You are not alone!!!

I am also one month out 12/19. 17 pounds down also. I am trying not to compare myself to others, which is also hard to do. But this week everyday I have Lost! I had to change what I was eating, I eat my choice of meat and a salad very small portion. No crabs. No soda. No Sweets. I go to gym at least 5 times a week. Hopefully I will stay on this path. But for a week and half I had no lost. Then I change and it change.

Hello - I am about a month post-op (12-12-12). Feeling discouraged by slow weightloss. I guess I thought it would all come off like it did from the pre-op shake diet. I lost 15lbs during that 9 day shake diet. Then, after surgery, did well for week or two...then on Jan 1, I hit the stall. I weighed 277.5 on my home scale and now 2.5 weeks later still weigh 273.2 that is only 2 lbs per week. I know that is a loss....I hear all of you that are going to say that, but I am still discouraged. I kind of feel this is just the stall before the "stop"....kind of like every other diet I have ever done. I have no reason, I eat 70-90g Protein in scoops/shakes every day. I have eliminated carbs, salt, sugar, fat, caffeine and carbonation from my diet completely. I eat only grilled meats, eggs and legumes(pinto Beans and lentils). I am just thinking that this is a miserable way to live my life if I am not going to lose weight in the end. I know I have no choice but to "live with" 1-2 lbs per week, since I can't cut my calories any lower and still get the protein in....struggling. They told us we only had 12 months to lose weight from the surgery and then our body would adjust. Is it possible my body already adjusted? Oh....and I walk 1-3 miles every day depending on time and weather.

Losing two pounds a week is the healthiest most natural pace there is for a human body. Remember the slower it comes off the easier it is to maintain. My WII yelled at me today for losing too fast!! Lol

If only my wii would yell because of that...lol lol I actually wish the wii would come up with some new games like the wii fit plus that allow for the biking on different trails and such. I do not regret the surgery in the least, but question if I would have been better with the ruin y. Thanks for the encouragement! Hopefully I can head home from work soon and get something to eat besides another shake and then hit the balance board for some stepping while I watch the news.

Thanks guys! I just needed to vent, I'm actually Very happy with my decision to do the surgery...just hoping for a little faster start! :-/. But I am staying positive, & you are right...before I would have LOVED losing 2lbs in a week! But I do have to admit Im jealous for these people who loose 30-50 lbs in a month or two! :-/

& wow for those of you who run & exercise so much....heck, I'm just looking forward to the day I can walk on the treadmill without my thighs trying to start a fire!!

I am very very frustrated today. I log my food, and DO NOT CHEAT! I eat only lean protein(eggs, nuts(no salt-dry roast), grilled meats) I have added lemon to my Water and use just vinegar on salad with sunflower seeds and eggs for Protein. I excercise at least 5 days a week, walking 2-3 miles on the days I walk. I try using the wii when the weather makes outdoor exercise difficult. I have not lost an ounce in two weeks now and have lost only 3 pounds since the first of January. I think my system has adjusted to my intake and is "done" losing weight.....just like everyother diet I have ever done. I do go back to Dr. next Monday, because I had this gut feeling this was coming when the weightloss was slowing two weeks ago. Considering looking for stimulants that would boost my metabolism...just getting desparate. I am only one month post-op and already weightloss has stopped....how discouraging and frustrating!

That's a great weightloss. You're in the 230s and that's perfectly wonderful, probably above the curve even. Keep in mind that the futher out you get, the less weight you have to lose, the slower it will be... your body needs fewer calories so it's burning at a slightly less rate.

Also, a lot of people will stall for a week or two at a time. That's normal too. Just keep going and plugging away. Put away the scale if you need to and only weigh every other week or whatever. Hang in there!

I am very very frustrated today. I log my food' date=' and DO NOT CHEAT! I eat only lean protein(eggs, nuts(no salt-dry roast), grilled meats) I have added lemon to my Water and use just vinegar on salad with sunflower seeds and eggs for Protein. I excercise at least 5 days a week, walking 2-3 miles on the days I walk. I try using the wii when the weather makes outdoor exercise difficult. I have not lost an ounce in two weeks now and have lost only 3 pounds since the first of January. I think my system has adjusted to my intake and is "done" losing weight.....just like everyother diet I have ever done. I do go back to Dr. next Monday, because I had this gut feeling this was coming when the weightloss was slowing two weeks ago. Considering looking for stimulants that would boost my metabolism...just getting desparate. I am only one month post-op and already weightloss has stopped....how discouraging and frustrating![/quote']

I know how frustrating a weight loss stall can be, but you are by no means done losing weight.the stall may last 1 week, 3 weeks or longer. It is different for everyone, but there is one common factor: everyone goes through it. It is commonly known as the 3-week stall and is very well documented here on VST, in fact, it is one of the most popular types of topics that you see on this forum for those just starting out. Essentially, your body is recalibrating the glycogen levels in the muscles by moving stored energy around (eg fat). Glycogen requires a fair amount of Water to support it and you may actually see your weight go up slightly before dropping at the end of the stall. I have probable went through a stall every month so far, but do know they are short lived and you will start losing again. Hang in there. It is worth it!

I had my 1 month post op appointment on Friday. My Dr told to to pay more attention to how clothes fit then the scale. She also told me now it's really important for me to workout. The scale WILL go down, but it should not be the way I measure success. The scale is an addiction. One that I need to break.

I'm trying to stay positive! I KNOW we will loose, we have to they little we eat! It IS frustrating....but this too shall pass! Like MsVeDub said....I'm paying more attention to how my clothes fit & AWAY from the scale!