Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Getting Cold since surgery?

I'm a little over 16 months out from surgery. I started getting noticibly

cold maybe between the 3rd and 4th month post op. It became significant

and more noticible around the 6th month when I noticed that I got hot flashes

when I ate for a few minutes and then returned to feeling cold. I researched

to try to find out the answer and saw many posts of people feeling cold but

not anything medically informative of the hotflashes when eating except in

diabetes types of groups. My glucose levels are fine and I was not diabetic

nor pre diabetic before surgery. My doctor said he didn't know why I was getting

hot flashes when eating. So I just used the opportunity to warm up by eating

when I was too cold. The hot flash would feel like an energy explosion-

Almost like my metabolism was really geared up when I eat- it didn't matter

what kind of food I ate- high Protein food would do it just as easily as drinking

Decaf herbal tea with stevia. Water however never seemed to trigger it. I've adjusted

to wearing layers that I can take off or put on easily. I bought an electric

throw for those really cold nights and invested in lots of warm comfy socks, sweaters,

and scarves. Funny- I've never worn scarves or gloves or even coats - but now

I find I really appreciate keeping my neck and hands warm in the winter.

Yes... I am only 11 days post op and freezing. My hands were always hot, now they are cold! Weird... must something to do with diet change,weight loss and? ?

Im four years post op. I found after the op, for the first time in my life I invested in an electric blanket and love it during the winter months. I have been to hotter climates (Asia and Oz) and I do sweat but the heat doesn't really bother me, in fact I enjoy it. I'm not always cold and in summer do use an air con to cool down - but more often than not I find it just as nice to open the window and use a fan.

Yes, I had surgery on 9/10/12 and I am freezing all the time. I just ordered an electric blanket because my daughter said she can't sleep anymore since I have the heat so high at night.

I had my surgery 11-27-2012 and every since I get cold flashes especially at night. Before Surgery I was hot all the time. Has anyone else experiance this or know what is from?

Same here I used to sleep just in my tshirt and boxers doesn't matter how cold it was but since surgery I sleep with a hoodie , track pants , socks. I guess the more fat we lose and having normal BP I can feel the cold ....

Sent from my iPhone using VST