Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah, that's right...

I support President Bush AND I watch The O'Reilly factor. Any other proud supporters, please feel free to come in and show your support.

Because there is an opposite thread going on about the complete opposite of this, I would politely ask that this not be turned into a debate of good vs evil. I have left that other thread and started this one so people could feel free to speak up and not be flamed or challenged about their opinion contrary of the other one. I will leave that one alone and hope the same is done here. But, it IS a free country with freedom of speech so I guess we'll see where this goes.

Stand up and be proud. I think Bush is a man with courage of conviction, he is not trying to be mr "popular" president, he is doing what he feels is best for the country with information he has. Keep in mind, hindsight is 20/20.

I watch The O'Reilly factor and find myself agreeing with him more than I disagree with him. He tries to get people from both views on his programs to have an intelligent debate, while also keeping it entertaining with the kool-aid comments. He was brilliant on Letterman, he sat back and let Letterman make a fool of himself on his own! I didn't get to see his appearance on Oprah. I love when he cracks down on Judges who deliver ridiculous sentences and he was a champion for Jessica's Law.

I am not a right-winger, definately not a left-winger, but I am more on the conservative side. I am not Republican or Democrat. I voted last week, but not by party lines. In North Dakota we currently have 2 democrat congressman and a republican governor, I think that keeps it balanced but I'm all about each candidate individually.

But, that is just me, how about you?

I am sorry to tell you that you do not own this thread and anyone of any political persuavion can post here and I will post in this thread anytime I feel like it.

These are not my rules. These are the rules of this Forum.

Stand up and be proud. I think Bush is a man with courage of conviction, he is not trying to be mr "popular" president, he is doing what he feels is best for the country with information he has.
Then why does he wear a shirt with rolled up sleeves when he gives his stimp speeches?
Keep in mind, hindsight is 20/20.
Then why can't BuSh see that he has made mistakes?

Why can't he admit that it was a mistake to invade Iraq?

Does BuSh have 2000/20 blind sight?

I didn't say if you don't share my view you can't post here. Post away if you must.

Maybe he is comfortable in those shirts, I really couldn't say why he wears them, I don't spend much time thinking about his wardrobe. I know I wear clothes that are comfortable.

Just because you feel the war in Iraq was a mistake, doesn't mean he does. And if he doesn't, why would he say it was? People have difference of opinion all the time. But he has said mistakes were made in the war, hence my comment hindsight is 20/20. I know I have made disasterous mistakes in my past, too bad we all couldn't be as almighty as others.

You sir are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change yours.

Oy vey. You asked for it Missy! I have avoided the "I Hate Bush" threads because I just end up rolling my eyes and sighing alot. Everyone has their opinion, and I don't have to agree, so that's okay. I won't try to make anyone agree with me, but I will speak up as a Conservative and say "Yay Bush" and "Yay O'Reilly" and even (GASP!) "Yay Rush!" So there. I won't defend my opinion. Rock on Missy. :rockon:

I'm with you Missy and Kathy..........

I happen to be a Bush supporter. It has been very difficult to stay quiet when it is obvious not the majority on this site. However, I respect everyone's opinon whether I agree or not. That's what's so great about our country....and this forum.

I have a son in the military and had had several "adopted" sons go over seas. I was scared silly the entire time they were there. I do believe it was there right thing to do, I just wish it were over and we could bring them all home.

Oy vey. You asked for it Missy! I have avoided the "I Hate Bush" threads because I just end up rolling my eyes and sighing alot. Everyone has their opinion, and I don't have to agree, so that's okay. I won't try to make anyone agree with me, but I will speak up as a Conservative and say "Yay Bush" and "Yay O'Reilly" and even (GASP!) "Yay Rush!" So there. I won't defend my opinion. Rock on Missy. :rockon:

Whenever anyone has anything negative to say about Bush, we have to hear about Clinton's blow jobs. So, I'd rather stay on target on NOT discuss Clinton's blow jobs and Kerry's joke delivery and Dubya's cocaine use and "interesting" military service and arrests and drunken episodes and all that. We can get to the drug addict and the falafel-guy later. But this is how Molly Ivins suggested we stay on target re the election:

May I remind you what this election is about? Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, unprecedented presidential powers, unmatched incompetence, unparalleled corruption, unwarranted eavesdropping, Katrina, Enron, Halliburton, global warming, Cheney's secret energy task force, record oil company profits, $3 gasoline, FEMA, the Supreme Court, Diebold, Florida in 2000, Ohio in 2004, Terri Schiavo, stem cell research, golden parachutes, shrunken pensions, unavailable and expensive health care, habeas corpus, no weapons of mass destruction, sacrificed soldiers and Iraqi civilians, wasted billions, Taliban resurgence, expiration of the assault weapons ban, North Korea, Iran, intelligent design, swift boat hit squads, and on and on.

This election is about that, but much more -- it's about honor, dignity and comity in this country. It's about the Constitution, which gives us this great nation. Bush ran on a pledge of "restoring honor and integrity" to the White House. Instead, he brought us Tom DeLay, Roy Blunt, Katherine Harris, John Doolittle, Jerry Lewis, Richard Pombo, Mark Foley, Dennis Hastert, David Safavian, Jack Abramoff, Ralph Reed, Karl Rove and an illegal and immoral war in Iraq. People, it's up to you.

I have a son in the military and had had several "adopted" sons go over seas. I was scared silly the entire time they were there.

I am going to respect Missy's request that non-Bushies not post here, except that I wanted to give you big, big hugs, Vicki. My youngest son was in Iraq - twice. My daughter-in-law just got back from Afghanistan recently.

It was sooooooooooo hard on me. I got a terrible, horrible case of Shingles (first ever in my life) in my MOUTH. It lasted for weeks. My doctor said I should avoid stress. And I would be able to do that HOW?

I respect our President, whoever he is. God knows I sure would not want to be in his position. I do NOT condone everything he does, nor would I condone everything anyone else has done or will do. When he moves out, someone else moves in to make themselves the next target.

I like his rolled up sleeves.. lol, what does that have to do with anything?

I'm sure someone has encouraged him that it's okay to identify with the common man. Or maybe, he doesn't allow someone to tell him how to dress? I don't..

Ms Vicki, I'm not sure there is a majority here, there are just some who are more obsessive about forcing their opinions on others, whether they want to hear it or not.

There are many things I don't agree with, on both sides, Bush included.

That is so well put Leatha, you are always so well spoken. I wish I had the diplomacy and way with words that you do. :clap2:

this is how Molly Ivins suggested we stay on target re the election:

May I remind you what this election is about? Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo, unprecedented presidential powers, unmatched incompetence, unparalleled corruption, unwarranted eavesdropping, Katrina, Enron, Halliburton, global warming, Cheney's secret energy task force, record oil company profits, $3 gasoline, FEMA, the Supreme Court, Diebold, Florida in 2000, Ohio in 2004, Terri Schiavo, stem cell research, golden parachutes, shrunken pensions, unavailable and expensive health care, habeas corpus, no weapons of mass destruction, sacrificed soldiers and Iraqi civilians, wasted billions, Taliban resurgence, expiration of the assault weapons ban, North Korea, Iran, intelligent design, swift boat hit squads, and on and on.

This election is about that, but much more -- it's about honor, dignity and comity in this country. It's about the Constitution, which gives us this great nation. Bush ran on a pledge of "restoring honor and integrity" to the White House. Instead, he brought us Tom DeLay, Roy Blunt, Katherine Harris, John Doolittle, Jerry Lewis, Richard Pombo, Mark Foley, Dennis Hastert, David Safavian, Jack Abramoff, Ralph Reed, Karl Rove and an illegal and immoral war in Iraq. People, it's up to you.

Roger that, Geezer Sue! Cheers to both you and Molly! <grin>

A Vet,

It's sad to me that things like politics cannot be discussed without people feeling jumped on because someone else does not share their opinion.

BUT... if the "debating" is what it takes to get people to the polls then debate on!

I'm going to the polls. I have visited my local GOP website and have my palm card for the Republican Party endorsed Judges and other non-partisan offices. There is no Democrat on the ballot compelling enough to keep my Consevative bones from voting Straight Ticket Republican. So, off to the polls I go tomorrow. A vote for the "wrong" Republican is the lesser of two evils in my book. These days, there aren't Moderate Democrats, so a Liberal Republican is as close as I can get. :)

I'm going to the polls. I have visited my local GOP website and have my palm card for the Republican Party endorsed Judges and other non-partisan offices. There is no Democrat on the ballot compelling enough to keep my Consevative bones from voting Straight Ticket Republican. So, off to the polls I go tomorrow. A vote for the "wrong" Republican is the lesser of two evils in my book. These days, there aren't Moderate Democrats, so a Liberal Republican is as close as I can get. :)

Yeah, it's like having to choose the best of the worst......

It's sad to me that things like politics cannot be discussed without people feeling jumped on because someone else does not share their opinion.

BUT... if the "debating" is what it takes to get people to the polls then debate on!

It is also sad when people can not discuss the issues that control or lives from both sides of the political fence. I have posted at other forums over the years and when I predicted the situation that is now occurring in Iraq just before the invasion, I was called coward, communist, Muslim sympathizer, traitor, idiot, unAmerican, unpatriotic, tax & spend liberal, and invited to leave the country to take up residence in Afghanistan or Iran.

When I post in other forums today, I am still called those names, but not by quite as many people.

I was born in the USA and I worked for 35 years for a major company. I made decent money for a person who punched a clock and saved and invested. I own 3 houses and have money in the bank without a credit card debt. When I say worked, I do not mean that I pushed paper. I worked with blood, sweat and brain power to help keep the oldest fleet of commercial passenger planes in the US flying.

My father was killed in WW11 on the day after I was born.

I have never been arrested and my son has his own business and he has never been arrested. Neither of us has ever taken a penny of welfare.

I go to church every week and am active in local politics.

I would never call a Republican a fool. I will say that I find some Republican methods loathsome and I will condemn members of either party for their actions or methods as I see fit.

If it is required for members of LBT to run away to this thread for safety, then we have hit a new low. Many members of LBT celebrated in a thread a month or so ago, because even though there was disagreement about politics and religion, no one lost civility.

Missy4gorden started this thread because there is a thread (a few actually) that the Democrats and more liberal members of LBT have taken over as far as number of posts and members posting are concerned, but none of the Republicans or conservatives who posted in those threads have been belittled in those threads.

If you like BuSh or BuSh's ideas, or you like the way the country is heading, come over and state your case. You will not be insulted or attacked.

If you come over and say, "well I don't know much about politics, but I think BuSh is doing a fine job" well I guess you can expect, "What about the dead in Iraq? What about the national debt? What about..."

I am inviting any and all members to feel free to state your opinions in the other political and controversial threads in the Raves, Rants, etc and the Lounge. Separate is not equal. I didn't believe in racial segregation and I don't believe in political segregation.

Missy, I believe your thread has just been Spun. We can't post "over there" unless we want to defend our point of view, and in this atmosphere...vehemently. We can't post "over here" or we are segregationalists who want LBT to hit a new low because we prefer a "safe" place to post. ??? Typical Liberal Spin, in my book, so there went your thread. Oh well. I'm voting today, and you are not alone. Chin up!

And T.O.M., I really love and respect you, I just don't always buy it. :thankyou:

May God Bless America and Our Troops! (yah, yah...I know)