Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

im 7 days out, and feel like hell,,

I know it so early but, I'm a mom of 4 with a 15month old,,,and feel like hell..I'm dragging, so bad. My chewable vitamins make my stomach feel so bad, and to sip a protien shake, is out os the question. I have done a liquid diet since dec 17th, but didn't think after the surgery it would be like this. I don't want to be a moaning u know what, but hopeing it axtually gets better

I felt the same way the first week. I was miserable and felt like I had made a mistake. Week two slightly better. I'm in week 4. I can eat small amounts of soft food and feel better. Still struggle with Liquid Protein though.

Not getting enough Protein can increase your fatigue. Why can't you drink a protein drink...just the amount or does your tummy not tolerate it? Are you drinking Water? You don't want to get dehydrated.

I felt crappy the first two weeks also. Are you trying to drink Protein Drinks made from powder or the premade drinks? I found the premade drinks much easier to tolerate. I like the ones by EAS that we buy at Walmart. Taste like chocolate milk.

Try Pure Protein Shakes in the chocolate flavor. They have them at Target. They are pre made shakes, 23 grams of Protein, 120 calories and taste just like chocolate milk. I hope you are feeling better very soon!

The first couple weeks were bad. It gets better - but even at 10 weeks out I still have bumps in the road where I don't feel great - or all the sudden food isn't going down well or without pain. I've read that until it is fully healed (takes about 6 months) you can get swelling that will occur in the sleeve throughout that time.

Just try to get in the Protein you can and drink as much fluids as possible.

Connie

I think our surgery dates were around the same day (mine was 1/8). You might want to ask your doc for some anti nausea drugs. I luckily haven't had to use mine but I thought I might while coming off of the pain meds. Also, my doctor wanted me to wait a couple of weeks before taking the multi Vitamin and Calcium. Maybe it's to soon for them?

Hope you feel better soon.

*sigh* just saw it turn my surgery date to a smiley face. Let's try that again... Jan 8.

I was that way for 2 weeks. Turns out the doctors forgot to prescribe prilosec/nexium. You need to take antacid once a day for 6 months to regulate stomach acids

I was that way for 2 weeks. Turns out the doctors forgot to prescribe prilosec/nexium. You need to take antacid once a day for 6 months to regulate stomach acids

I just had 2 terrible weeks of reflux my dr prescribed me nexium 40 and I can actually sleep again. My reflux was constant 24/7 before I got these meds. now I only feel what I think is reflux. While I eat it hurts terrible but maybe its not reflux maybe thats my tummys way of tellin me it doesnt like food anymore

gummy vitamins are great and I drink Bariatric Fruit Drinks like Lemmon Razz and grapefruit I bought on line. I shake with ice and sip for a couple hours and I get 15 Protein. Also starting my day with bariatric hot chocolate at 15 protein gets me started every day. I love these products. by the time lunch comes I've had 30 protein.

I was sleeved on the 9th

I'm 3 weeks out andthe first was hell. I have a 5 yr old and from day 3 I've been taking care of her. No help from family. I understan it does get better in week two and amazing in week 3. I never could get all my Protein in and took 5 hrs to drink one Protein Drink. But as long as I felt ok I didn't worry about it. Drank lots of Water as well now on purees and loving it!