Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lisa Lampinelli on Wendy Williams

I just watched comedian Lisa Lampinelli on Wendy Williams' talk show and she was very funny and very honest about her VSG WLS. She explained how and why she made her choice and how she lost 102 pounds in a year. She is 52 and looks really good. My favorite quote in response to the question about what do you say to people who think WLS is the easy way out and/or cheating, "If exercising most every day and eating 4 ounces of food at my 3 of 4 meals is cheating, then I guess I'm cheating." Her husband also had the surgery and she talks a good bit about the improvement in their relationship and the whole idea that the real work is just beginning (head hunger, emotional eating, maintenance, etc.) Maybe you can catch it on BET late tonight or on demand.

OH WHAT she had the vsg now thats hella tight lol...good to know that now.i hate when people say thats the easy way out makes me want to punch them lol

I loved that she was so honest and gave good info to the masses, who don't have a clue what the heck we are doing.

Total ignorance, in my humble opinion. How can anybody say major surgery to remove 85% of our stomach is 'the easy way out', is beyond me!!!! In the past I'd popped pills and would drop anywhere from 20 to 50 lbs, now THAT is the easy way out. Of course I gained it all back, plus some, EVERY time, but never the less, I took a pill or two. I think what we've done is smart, it works but anyone who thinks it's a magic bullet....they'd be wrong!

Hmmmm when I watched it I thought she said it wasn't the easy way out, that she was saying the sleeve was a tool, that the head work needed to be done as well, perhaps I misunderstood.

It isnt the eazy way out she got it right its a tool to keep us in line to stay healthy and not to gain it bak ever

Total ignorance, in my humble opinion. How can anybody say major surgery to remove 85% of our stomach is 'the easy way out', is beyond me!!!! In the past I'd popped pills and would drop anywhere from 20 to 50 lbs, now THAT is the easy way out. Of course I gained it all back, plus some, EVERY time, but never the less, I took a pill or two. I think what we've done is smart, it works but anyone who thinks it's a magic bullet....they'd be wrong!

Obviously you did not see the clip. She never said this was the easy way out, she said the surgery was a tool.

Funny, I hated her on The Apprentice, LOL, but I find her an inspiration now! Knowing how heavy she was before, and how the surgery has helped her lose weight, makes me feel assured that I will do it, as well!

I saw it earlier. I love it. Here is the clip from the show;

http://www.wendyshow.com/2013/01/16/lisa-lampanelli-weight-loss/

Fabulous!

Thank you for posting this. Wow she sure looks a lot thinner than when she was on apprentice. She is a lot happier you can tell.

I just watched comedian Lisa Lampinelli on Wendy Williams' talk show and she was very funny and very honest about her VSG WLS. She explained how and why she made her choice and how she lost 102 pounds in a year. She is 52 and looks really good. My favorite quote in response to the question about what do you say to people who think WLS is the easy way out and/or cheating' date=' "If exercising most every day and eating 4 ounces of food at my 3 of 4 meals is cheating, then I guess I'm cheating." Her husband also had the surgery and she talks a good bit about the improvement in their relationship and the whole idea that the real work is just beginning (head hunger, emotional eating, maintenance, etc.) Maybe you can catch it on BET late tonight or on demand.[/quote']

I loved her segment on Wendy...she was so real and relatable:)

OH WHAT she had the vsg now thats hella tight lol...good to know that now.i hate when people say thats the easy way out makes me want to punch them lol

I know...people can be so ignorant

I loved that she was so honest and gave good info to the masses' date=' who don't have a clue what the heck we are doing.[/quote']

Yeah...she made me feel better about my upcoming surgery