Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on the 9th...only down 5 lbs....I am able to get my liquids in for the most part and most of the Protein but I want to eat food .......I'm questioning my decision to do this at a point its to late.....am I doing something wrong I thought I would drop faster.

Down 5 pounds in less than a week is a success and a great start. You are still swollen and recovering from major surgery. I came home from the hospital 4 pounds heavier than I went in from all the fluids they pumped into me.

Give it time, and try not to focus on what you can't have. This is all temporary and a means to an end. Getting past the head hunger and cravings is challenging and you have support here. You can do this, keep remembering all the reasons you had this surgery, I'm sure they far outweigh cravings you may have now. Focus on getting in your liquids, that will help with losing too.

Here is a link to LilMissDiva's Do's and Don'ts. http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/topic/23246-gastric-sleeve-surgery-dos-and-donts/

You can do this! Take care and good luck!

Give it time. I didn't check the scale until I went back to my doctor at 10 days.

Good luck to you and don't get discouraged. We've all been there. :)

Don't be too hard on yourself , everyone loses at a different rate . Take it one day at a time... it's not easy , but well worth jt I was sleeved on the 5 th . Good luck at remember to be patient it didn't take us a couple days to put this weight on ;)

You have to remember that when you first come home from the hospital you have to first get rid of all the iv Fluid they pumped into you before you can even start losing weight. If your getting your liquids in you should have the Water weight off, if you get enough Protein you won't feel the need for food as much, unfortunately you will most likely have the mental hunger making you think you need food but keep strong and you'll get through the liquid phase in no time and get to start eating. Good Luck.

I too was sleeved on the 9th. How long were you in the hospital? I think that makes a big difference. I have noticed that people that had a 2 day or more hospital stay had more iv's. then i did. I only had an over night stay. I only gained 5 lbs from the iv's some people i have talked to have gained anywhere from 8-15 lbs during the hospital stay.

And dont forget once you stop retaining all that Water the lbs will fly off you. It's too soon to be discouraged!

I am happier then a pig rolling in $&(# that i am finally sleeved. I know in a couple of months i will have forgotten about all the gas pain, sharting myself (yes i trusted a fart), The horrible swallow test! and in the end it will be all worth it!

good luck to you!

I gained 6 pounds in the hospital and it took me almost week to just get back to where I started. So 5 pounds in less than a week is great! Seriously (not just pep talk!), it's good!

Don't worry...... :)

~Dana

I didn't gain anything when I was in the hospital.I had a three night stay too,I mean I only lost 3 lbs when I was there so 1lb a day. But everyone is different and you will also have stalls but don't be discouraged it happens to every one. I started at 300lb and dos I was 267(10/9/12) and my weight fell off steady an I just hit my stall in he middle of December I was stuck at 228 for

3 weeks. I just had my gallbladder surgery jan 10, and in 4 days I lost 10lbs just like that! I don't expect that all the time but I just fallow the flow of what my body is doing. But 5 lbs in a week is great! That's almost a lb a day! Keep up the great work!!! :D