Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 7 weeks out today and for the past 3 day have been "binging". Now, my version of a binge now is a whole slice and a half of toast. Ritz crackers. Sushi. Almonds. chicken with a bit of sour cream and guac. Nothing horrible, and my calories stay under 800. But. I am eating to the point of being super full. I don't know what's the matter with me. 7 weeks of solid control and now I'm slipping?! Weight is still moving down but I'm getting discouraged. Any advice?

Is there something bothering you this week? I was doing that last week a little bit and I realized I was not happy with a couple of things including my weight loss I tend to be all or nothing...

I haven't been sleeping a lot: average of 4-5 hours a night. I am concerned about money. But other than that no. Maybe sleep is the problem?

I'm so mad. I just can't help it.

I am also all or nothing when it comes to weight loss. I guess I'll try to be better tomorrow.

That slice and a half is to much.

The thing is this.You should at this stage be weighing and /or measuring your food.You havent really learnt proper portion sizes this early on out.

Just some advice,and as they say,take it,leave it,do with it what you want..lol..but cut the bread right out for now.Replace it with Protein.Measured portions.2 oz at most at a time I would say is quite enough for a meal or snack.For now,you dont need the crackers either.Focus on Protein first and then a little veggies.

Why get discouraged?Make the change now.Your capacity is still very little food and it is still very possible to change the way you eat.Believe me if I say,later on it becomes quite a lot harder.

The sad truth is no one but ourselves can make these changes for us.For some of us it stays a daily struggle but one worth struggling.Dont try to win the war today.Win todays battle.Some days we might lose but that is quite normal.As long as the wins are a lot more you should win the war in the end.

Dont stuff yourself too full.Rather eat little bits 6 times a day.It is not worth having gone through all the hassle of getting surgery just to set yourself up for failure.

i am not trying to sound harsh but the earlier on we learn to accept the truth about our new stomach,the easier it is to lose weight and to maintain in future.

Let us know how you are doing.

It is actually all in your head-your brain to be exact. Sometimes the body confuses needing sleep and needing food. You are really craving some zzzzz's but your brain thinks it is a carbohydrate craving. Get some sleep and drink plenty of fluids and you will get back on track.

Hi,I am also all or nothing person in everything in life,a big struggle.But overeating your sleeve should really just not happen right now.You are still healing.

You can do this.It is hard for the first couple of months.Then it gets easier.

Good luck

I think we were sleeved around the same time I was on 11-13-12.

I think part of it is self sabotage right we've gone this long and are doing good just like every time I diet then somewhere I give up and blow it. Or people notice and I go home and eat... I think the fact that you are eating to being miserable means your not caring about yourself right now. I say that because I've done the same thing so many times...

That slice and a half is to much.

The thing is this.You should at this stage be weighing and /or measuring your food.You havent really learnt proper portion sizes this early on out.

Just some advice' date='and as they say,take it,leave it,do with it what you want..lol..but cut the bread right out for now.Replace it with Protein.Measured portions.2 oz at most at a time I would say is quite enough for a meal or snack.For now,you dont need the crackers either.Focus on Protein first and then a little veggies.

Why get discouraged?Make the change now.Your capacity is still very little food and it is still very possible to change the way you eat.Believe me if I say,later on it becomes quite a lot harder.

The sad truth is no one but ourselves can make these changes for us.For some of us it stays a daily struggle but one worth struggling.Dont try to win the war today.Win todays battle.Some days we might lose but that is quite normal.As long as the wins are a lot more you should win the war in the end.

Dont stuff yourself too full.Rather eat little bits 6 times a day.It is not worth having gone through all the hassle of getting surgery just to set yourself up for failure.

i am not trying to sound harsh but the earlier on we learn to accept the truth about our new stomach,the easier it is to lose weight and to maintain in future.

Let us know how you are doing.[/quote']

That slice and a half was my first taste of bread, sushi was first bit of rice, and crackers were first starches in 7 weeks. I've been 100% on track. I usually stick to hard boiled eggs and mozzarella cheese. And my Protein Drink.

Until now

It is actually all in your head-your brain to be exact. Sometimes the body confuses needing sleep and needing food. You are really craving some zzzzz's but your brain thinks it is a carbohydrate craving. Get some sleep and drink plenty of fluids and you will get back on track.

This kind of makes sense. I've stayed far away from carbs until these past 3 days. Maybe I just need to recharge and I'll be okay. I'm ready to hit it full force at the gym tomorrow to make up for the calories lol

I think we were sleeved around the same time I was on 11-13-12.

I think part of it is self sabotage right we've gone this long and are doing good just like every time I diet then somewhere I give up and blow it. Or people notice and I go home and eat... I think the fact that you are eating to being miserable means your not caring about yourself right now. I say that because I've done the same thing so many times...

We are close in date: I was 11/26

I just wonder what could have triggered it. I am feeling moody and my nipples hurt. Perhaps pms.

I guess I'll be going carb free then. Damn carbs lol

hi, I'm new to this site but I love it. I was sleeved on 11/19/12. Best decision I've made. I have one question though...sometimes it feels like I can eat more than 2-4oz at a time without feeling full. Has anyone ever had this feeling?