Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do I really need to go to the ER...?

Sometimes it's such our challenge to learn to take care of ourselves after not doing it for so long. Add a fever and making decisions is hard.

I do think you ought to go to the ED.

Texas - I hope you are not responding because you are on your way to ER. I am one year post op, got dehydrated and stopped breathing, did face plant but my hubby was there. Seriously please go, I know you are concerned about the cost but, it does not matter. There is help out there and you need help, now. I pushed it and had an abscess that formed along my drain line requiring a second surgery and LOTS of treatments but, thank God no leak. Listen to your body... You need to get checked for a leak, NOW!

Go to huguley medical center (I recognized the zip- I have a bunch of family in Joshua)! They were able to find out what was wrong with my cousins band. And BTW- no ER can turn you away for not being able to pay.

er now

You need to go to the ER right away. The headache and palpitations are most likely because you are dehydrated to the point that your brain isn't getting enough blood carrying oxygen so your heart is trying to pump harder in order to push more blood to your head, your body is probably also shunting the blood to your head so your extremities are most likely starting to feel weak. If left unfixed you will mostly likely overwork your heart and lead to a cardiac arrest. Remember who is going to take care of your child if you drop over dead tonight.

ER!!! I am not only a sleever but I am a RN. A small infection can turn into sepsis pretty quickly.

ER ASAP. They will work out a payment plan with you. I went about a week after my surgery due to dehydration and terrible acid reflux and it helped get me back on track. It also helped me make sure I didn't have any other issues such as a leak, a clot, etc...

Don't feel badly if you need to put the baby on formula - they will be fine. You need to take care of yourself right now.

I'm so scared for you, and I pray that you have gotten yourself to the ER before it is too late. Believe me, many of us understand money issues....our messages have been strongly worded because we are worried and we care. PLEASE, PLEASE let us know how you are when you can. Hugs to you, friend.

I think you should head in - fever and the pus are not common symptoms. Get some Gatorade, g2. It has been a life saver for me when I couldn't drink anything else.

How old is the baby? I've been lucky and able to continue nursing my baby through surgery, but he just turned 1 so he is not exclusively breastfed.

Texas, I hope you're at the ER getting checked out as I type this. Is there someone at home with you helping to take care of the wee one? Please don't drive there yourself.

Sepsis can kill you before you even realize how sick you are...

Along with almost everyone else here, my advice, get yourself to the ER. You need medical attention, an infection with green oozing is dangerous, and dehydration is serious and deadly. JUST GO. Take care of yourself so that you can get back to your beautiful baby.

I'm 12 days post op. I'm dehydrated. I have been having a very hard time getting my liquids in. I'm averaging 18-30 ounces a day (inc Protein drinks). In addition to not drinking enough' date=' I'm still nursing my son. I have had dizzy spells when standing up, felt faint, weak and extra tired. However, I don't feel terrible. So I'm not convinced that this is an emergency.

I have no insurance and had my surgery in TJ. I plan to go see my PCP tomorrow. I don't think she can give me IV fluids but I figured I would start there.

I also have 2 incision sites that are infected. Green pus oozing out of one of them. My PCP will give me antibiotics, so again, it doesn't seem like an emergency (ER visit) situation.

The reason I'm posting this, is because I have a slight fever, horrible headache and have had some chest palpitations.

I don't want to spend the money at the ER and expose myself to the flu. But, I don't want to make an ignorant decision if it was truly an emergency. I have called my PCP and its after hours, no on call Dr info. I also emailed my patient coordinator around noon and haven't heard back yet.

Please tell me what you would do in my situation. Go to ER tonight, or PCP in the morning. Thank you!![/quote']

Gosh this is tough!! Knowing me I would tough it out until tomorrow. Unless your fever gets worse. I think you will probably be hospitalized either way. If you foot Er I am sure they will keep you. You can get help with your medical bills. Do u live in the United States? If u want to talk I will send u my phone number (removed). U can call me anytime tonight as I will be up all night working. Even if u just want to talk. Worried about u and hope I can help ya.

Posting your phone number on the internet is almost as good an idea as this person staying home from the ER tonight. You might want to edit it out quickly before the pranks begin...

Please go to the ER. About ten years ago my sister in law had a gastric bypass. It was a Saturday and she did not want to bother the doctor on a weekend with her complaints of pain and fever. She died that night. I truly beleive that if she would of seeked medical attention her death could of been prevented. Please...go to the ER. I am not telling this to you to scare you....just share the tragedy that our family experienced.

I am so sorry to hear about ur sister. Did u have the surgery also? My heart aches for u!!

Posting your phone number on the internet is almost as good an idea as this person staying home from the ER tonight. You might want to edit it out quickly before the pranks begin...

Thanks hon if someone on here really wants to prank me then they really can. Ill take the chance I appreciate your concern thank you!!