Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What r signs of Slippage

I am paranoid, I got a fill the first week of October and I felt fine. Last week I started going to bed and waking up around 3 or 4 from getting choked on my own saliva. My period started and I am always very restricted on my cycle, well first of all I can not eat Breakfast now since this last fill I can not eat lunch. I can only eat in the evening. Is this normal. I am calling the dr Monday for an unfill, I just dont want my band to be slipped. Any answers???

I think slippage results in either a total loss of restriction or total restriction to the point of not being able to get anything down. You sound like you have classic symptoms of being overfilled. I bet the unfill will solve your issues. Hope you feel better afterwards, I have been too tight......it is miserable. However, a tiny unfill provides instant relief!

I had the exact same thing happen to me just recently. I got my last fill 5 wks ago I was pretty tight but i was able to manage it. Then one night

I had the same thing happen to me. I dealt with it for several days and I thought i either had a slippage or some kind of erosion. I went to the doctor we did a barium swallow and i was just to tight. They took out 3cc. I feel much better now. So maybe are just a little to tight. I wish

you the best.

Definatly sounds like you are overfilled. Tjhis happpened to me in the beginning of October. My dostor completely unfilled me. I did not have any slippage or erosion but he wanted me to wait 2 weeks before getting another fill . Let me tell you the second time around and I have not got stuck on anything and from day 1 of my surgery I got stuck on everything. You may be looking at an unfill as a bad thing but It is not

Just think what would happened if the doctor had to remove your band I wish you luck and keep us updated

Vickie

If you are getting choked at night that sounds like reflux, probably too tight, however try to sleep proped up on pillows and dont eat anything after 6pm.

I was overfilled once and could not keep anything down, not even liquids. I went and had an unfill to .5cc, rested there for a month, then got re-filled to 1.3cc. That was over two months ago and so far, so good (knock wood!)

I am paranoid, I got a fill the first week of October and I felt fine. Last week I started going to bed and waking up around 3 or 4 from getting choked on my own saliva. My period started and I am always very restricted on my cycle, well first of all I can not eat Breakfast now since this last fill I can not eat lunch. I can only eat in the evening. Is this normal. I am calling the dr Monday for an unfill, I just dont want my band to be slipped. Any answers???

I bet you are just too tight. Dr. C has told me that a little loose is waaay better than too tight. I react after every fill and I am currently only at 1.6cc in a 10cc band. I can't eat breakfast at all. I do Soup for lunch and then I can get some meat down in the evening if it is cooked right or in some juice or gravy. I have just decided this is how it will be until I get to my goal. I am losing slowly but I am getting there.

Sounds like just a case of being too tight, to me. I had it a few times, where I'd laydown to go to sleep and wake up gasping for air. It was quite scary actually, but after a small unfill, everything went back to normal. You definitely don't want to just be eating one meal a day.

Being overfilled too long, can eventually lead to slippage, so even though sometimes you think, "Hey, if I'm tight, I'm not eating much, thus I'll lose faster", it isn't always the case. Just remember we're not in a race and you've gotta take care of YOU.

Good luck and let us know how you go at the doc's office :)

Probably too tight. Sounds like me for the past 2-months. I've had three unfills and my doc said everything looked perfect...no pouch dilated, no band slippage, nothing...even my restriction looked fine. After my last unfill I went on Clear Liquids only for 48 hours. Today I could've eaten a cow but it was the first time I have not been restricted in 2-months...now I think I may be too lose again! This band is very fickle!

Generally the signs of slippage are the same as the signs of being overfilled. The only telltale sign that I have noted is that if your band is totally emptied and you still can't keep anything down, you are slipped until proven otherwise...

Dr. C

Cincinnati, Ohio

www.TheBandDoctor.com 877.442.BAND

DISCLAIMER: I am not your surgeon, any comments made by me are not meant to be taken as medical advice, just general guidelines. Contact your surgeon about your specific problem!

I have a pain on my left side under my rib. The pain is so intense that I have a hard time breathing and I have to lie down and put a hot pad on it until the pain weekens. I have been banded for 17 months with out any complications and I don't know what this pain is. I went in and had an upper GI and they told my my band looks great. Anyone have any ideas. The pain happens after I eat. But not everytime.

hi. i just had some fill taken out . i was too tight. i always liked to keep my band tight, but after getting acid reflux a few times, i decided to be smart and not push it . i could do permenent damage to my esophogus and stomach. i dont like puking up acid and not getting fluids down. plus i wasnt eating enough. too much acid in my stomach. i have to be more careful. i always try to push too hard. i feel great now. im going to wait a few weeks and rest up. maybe have a mini fill after that.