Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One month out and lost 40 pounds so far, but I'm stalling now.

Congrats!! 40lbs in a month is great! I'm sure your body is just trying to catch up. I wouldn't worry about it right now. Just keep doing what you are doing.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I am 6 weeks out yesterday. I lost big time weeks 1 & 2. Then NOTHING (I mean not even a half a pound) for weeks 3-5. I was SO upset. 3 full weeks at the exact same weight. I thought the surgery hadn't worked. I got cleared to start taking Yoga again this past week. I got on the scale yesterday morning & I was down 5 lbs. So I lost 42 lbs. over 6 weeks, but I actually only lost during 3 of those weeks. You will probably get a lot of feedback here. Everyone is different, but I think just about everyone has stalls. So, hang in there! Just stick to your program & eventually the scale will move again.

My body does that as well. I have good losses and then it stops before starting again. I think of it like it's consolidating what I've lost before regrouping for another run.

OMG I thought I was the only one who stressed about the scale not going down my hubby took the scale and hid it cuz literally i was on it every day!! I swear its like I expect the weight to just melt off and its a bit depressing.

Try to picture yourself six months out after having lost 75lbs. When I look back at my journey, the stalls seem insignificant. They are part of the trip.

I think I was in a stall for the past 3 days. But I got up and walked about a mile each day for the past 2 days and I'm down a little over 1lb this morning.

I am 6 weeks out yesterday. I lost big time weeks 1 & 2. Then NOTHING (I mean not even a half a pound) for weeks 3-5. I was SO upset. 3 full weeks at the exact same weight. I thought the surgery hadn't worked. I got cleared to start taking Yoga again this past week. I got on the scale yesterday morning & I was down 5 lbs. So I lost 42 lbs. over 6 weeks, but I actually only lost during 3 of those weeks. You will probably get a lot of feedback here. Everyone is different, but I think just about everyone has stalls. So, hang in there! Just stick to your program & eventually the scale will move again.

I'm worried I'm eating(drinking/slurping) too many calories...I hiked it up to about 700-800 and really haven't lost much over the last week. I'm stuck at 16-18lbs(depends on the day) and I'm 19 days post op. Can any of my fellow December sleevers who've lost really well share how many calories you're getting in? I'm wondering if I need to cut back.

~Dana

I was sleeved on 12-11-12 and I am taking in between 500 to 900 calories a day staying mainly around 650. I have stepped on the scale twice in 4 weeks. The day of my surgery and 1-7-13 the day I went for my check up. I want to focus on how I feel and the way my clothes fit. My doctor (who is so amazing) when I asked him what is a good healthy weight loss a week he told me not to focus on that. Focus on following the plan, exercise and it will all fall into place You will have "fake" stalls but keep following the plan the NUT gave and you will succeed. I will not step on the scale again until my next visit with him in 6 weeks. I can focus on the main objective for myself, regaining my health! Plus seeing that 42lbs lost in 4 weeks made so excited, I cried. Maybe my next visit will show that or close to it. :)

I was sleeved 12/17/12 and have lost 43 pounds (counting 20 I lost 2 weeks before the operation. In the last 3 days, I have only lost 1/2 a pound. I am working out with sit ups and weight lifting. I think it's muscle mass and Water because I am consuming calories not sufficient to gain. Almost.no carbs, low fats... Just Proteins. Looking forward to the stall to end.

I'm worried I'm eating(drinking/slurping) too many calories...I hiked it up to about 700-800 and really haven't lost much over the last week. I'm stuck at 16-18lbs(depends on the day) and I'm 19 days post op. Can any of my fellow December sleevers who've lost really well share how many calories you're getting in? I'm wondering if I need to cut back.

~Dana

I don't count calories. My NUT said just to count my grams of Protein & net carbs. Most importantly, make sure that you get in all your Water. If you don't your body will actually retain Water. We'll make it! :)

I was sleeved on 12/20 and I dont count calories or ptoteins or anything. I just focus on moving my butt and eating enough to keep me sane. I lost 28lbs and Im happy, Water is my bff and I drink ensures. Keep focus on the little things like eating right and walking and before you know it that stall is all it was. I could stall but that scale is so not my life. I dont want to be consumed by numbers its too overwelming.