Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shortness=slower weight loss?

I am 7 weeks out' date=' 5'1 and I was 199.5 on day of surgery. I'm at 180, and went from a size 22 to a size 18. I would love to have lost 30 pounds by now, but I know that in a years time, I will be where I want to be, or sooner. I am staying the course, and eating within the perimeters given to me. Feels like a job sometimes, but I still feel like it's the best decision I ever made for myself!

Having a lower BMI and less weight to lose, it's easy to get discouraged when seeing others pounds shed in short amounts of time....but I just tell myself that many are taking months to get to 200 pounds; so it makes sense that it's going to take time for me to get down, too.

Best of luck to you.[/quote']

Same extract story mommyradd! I would love to keep in touch with you I'm 5'0 199 surgery day and I'm 180. It's so discouraging. I'm constantly feeling like I'm doing it the wrong way.

I'm 4'10, 12 weeks out and down 70 lbs. my starting weight was 273, 257 surgery, and 203 now. I don't think my pant sizes are decreasing as quickly as someone average height as I've only gone from a tight 24 to a 20, however, the weight loss is great. Just curious what someone my heights goal weight is?

I'm 4'10' date=' 12 weeks out and down 70 lbs. my starting weight was 273, 257 surgery, and 203 now. I don't think my pant sizes are decreasing as quickly as someone average height as I've only gone from a tight 24 to a 20, however, the weight loss is great. Just curious what someone my heights goal weight is?[/quote']

I'm 4'10 and my goal is 105-110. I was happiest with my looks when I was 93 lbs but now I'm 12 years older and I've had a baby so I don't think it's possible for my body do get that small again. I'm having surgery in two weeks! So excited.

I'm 5 ft 2, started at 213 (218 was my heaviest) size 18/20, and a 14/16 top. I weighed today at 169 (but this scale always shows me at a 2 lbs higher than another scale), I am in a size 12 pant, m/l sweats from Victoria's Secret, and a m or l top. I am 4 months post op. I say I'm down 50 lbs (bc of my heaviest weight being just 2 months prior to surgery), that's 12.5 lbs a month on average. That's 2.7 lbs a week. That's HUGE! Be proud of your goals, and never compare yourself to someone else! You aren't them, and you never will be. ;-) Great job so far, and keep up the great work!!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I'm 4'10 and my goal is 105-110. I was happiest with my looks when I was 93 lbs but now I'm 12 years older and I've had a baby so I don't think it's possible for my body do get that small again. I'm having surgery in two weeks! So excited.

Oh wow, I put mine at 220 but even that is considered overweight for my height, but when I told my shrink my goal he laughed and told me not to expect it! I took that as a major challenge! Look out here I go!! Lol

I was 107 my senior year of high school 20 yrs ago. But, that was after losing quite a bit and even then I didn't feel like I was "skinny."

Time will tell.

Oh wow' date=' I put mine at 220 but even that is considered overweight for my height, but when I told my shrink my goal he laughed and told me not to expect it! I took that as a major challenge! Look out here I go!! Lol

I was 107 my senior year of high school 20 yrs ago. But, that was after losing quite a bit and even then I didn't feel like I was "skinny."

Time will tell.[/quote']

I can't believe your shrink would laugh! What a jerk. You will definitely show him. I am confident we will both meet our goals. You've already done really well.

P

Oh wow' date=' I put mine at 220 but even that is considered overweight for my height, but when I told my shrink my goal he laughed and told me not to expect it! I took that as a major challenge! Look out here I go!! Lol

Time will tell.[/quote']

SERIOUSLY??? And he's your shrink? Wow. You may want to rethink being his client. What a jerko.

As of today, I'm 25% body fat (5'3" and 140lbs) with 8.75lbs more to lose to arrive at my goal of 20% body fat. I was sleeved on 4/26/12 and weighed 215.6lbs the day of surgery. (75 lbs in over 8 months.)

I wonder if it has more to do with muscle mass and less to do with height. Muscles are the engine of the metabolism, so the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn (and the more calories you need to maintain that muscle).

Taller people might have a general tendency to have more lean mass/muscle, but it isn't the attribute of being tall that helps them.

Starting a month or two after surgery, I started using the body fat percentage function on my scale. From weight and body fat percentage, you can derive/calculate your lean mass. My goal isn't a number on the scale but a body fat percentage (20%). I'll tell you - it's a struggle to keep on the lean mass!! Of the 85 lbs I've lost, about 10lbs of it has been lean mass (muscle)- lean mass probably started 115-120lbs and is now 105lbs.

(The first time I used the body fat % function on my scale after surgery, my lean mass was 112lbs, but I'd calculated it before surgery as 118lbs.)

The more muscle I lose, the lower my goal weight becomes in order to still arrive at 20% body fat. Protein Protein protein! And weight/resistence training! It's a little annoying chasing a moving target, but I think it's a healthier way to look at loss and goals.

SERIOUSLY??? And he's your shrink? Wow. You may want to rethink being his client. What a jerko.

I'm with ya! I don't think I'm going back to him. I really don't need to my anxiety is getting better the more weight I lose. Thank GOD!

Meant to put 120 as my goal, not 220! :).

I agree with the muscle mass vs actual height. I played softball and lifted weights for years so I have quite a bit of muscle mass. My boyfriend jokes I could probably kick his butt- which is funny considering he's an ex college football player and could snap me in half. I started at 248 and this morning I was 206.2. I will take 42 lbs in 8 weeks. Although I have the flu now and can hardly keep anything down so we will see how that number changes.

I think even though we are shorter we seen to right on target! It all depends on how much we have to lose. I started at 225 and I'm 5'3, 3 1/2 months later I'm down exactly 50 at 175, and I've gone from an 18/20 to a 12/14.

Sent from my iPhone using VST