Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

UPDATE ON OCTOBER SLEEVERS WHERE ARE YOU

It is truly a journey I hve lower back pain and arthoristists in one hip other than that this has been the best decision in my life. Challenge staying motivated to do some form of exercise. I speak at the community info to wls and support groups. Life is so different, I weigh once a month surgery date 10/29/12 lost 25 inches and 40 lbs. My NEW LIFE MOTTO is "I desire nothing old from my past, everything must be new, I have been given a second chance at life and will not waste one second of it ". Let me hear stats fr October sleevers we so rock.

I was sleeved on 10/22 and have had just a great time. My only real post-surgery complication was esophageal spasms due to stricture between the stomach and esophagus that hindered me being able to get off liquids and on to eating solids consistently. Once they stretched out the opening I've been eating real food and loving it. I'm sticking close to my dietary requirements, eating mostly white meat and fish, with a good supply of dairy and I've started including at least a serving of vegetables once a day.

I am down from a 32 pant to a loose 26 and am fitting in 2x shirts down from 5x. While I'm still on my blood pressure medication, it's down from about 140/100 to 100/60 at my last doctor visit, so I expect I'll be off it soon. I'm off my joint inflammation medication, too. I'm losing steady at about 4-5 pounds a week, and will probably be down almost 100 from my starting point of 383 by the end of January. I'm very close to being under 300 for the first time in almost 8 years.

This was the best thing I ever did.

I'm a slow loser but weighed in at 221.6 this morning and I'm losing about 8 lbs a month and I'm so happy. I've also been running 3 5K's a week and I've started attending spinning classes twice a week with my friend :) I want to get down to about 145 and I'm pretty sure I can reach that goal sometime around my 1 year surgiversary.

I was also sleeved on 10/29/11. I do okay most days but don't always get my Protein in...

I was 272 before 10 day pre-op diet...

257 day of surgery

Weighed in at 226 today!

I was sleeved on Oct 23rd. I started out at 280 and Friday the one day a week that I weight, I weighted 219!! 61 pounds gone forever!! I have had very few issues. At the beginning it was hard to get down the liquid and get all the Protein in. But now I get plenty of both. I am very happy that I did this surgery. Congrats to all of us!!

i am not doing so good on eating i constantly crave grapefruit...not sure why but I do not want anything but that. my husband is fussing at me

to eat some form of Protein but the thought of eating is just not appealing to me at all. my surgery was Oct 23 down 46 pds

Kaykay

It will get better but you must get Protein and Water in. Have u talked to your doc regarding this issue, Pls call your doc you do not want to the back to hospital or hve additional surgery. Good luck

The gamer

What was the name of your joint inflammation meds? My doc says that he thinks with the weight loss it will get better but until then I take a pain pill and continue to move. I go to a chiropractor to adjust me as I lose, but I really need to strengthen my core. My blood pressure meds are half now. Wendy's Chili has saved my life my nut says its ok a lot of wls patients eat it your tummy loves it fyi. Be blessed all.

The gamer

What was the name of your joint inflammation meds? My doc says that he thinks with the weight loss it will get better but until then I take a pain pill and continue to move. I go to a chiropractor to adjust me as I lose, but I really need to strengthen my core. My blood pressure meds are half now. Wendy's Chili has saved my life my nut says its ok a lot of wls patients eat it your tummy loves it fyi. Be blessed all.

I was taking indomethacin twice a day, 50mg.

Ok thanks did it help? My goal is to decrease meds not increase lol

Ok thanks did it help? My goal is to decrease meds not increase lol

Tons. It really made it easier to move. I had especially bad inflammation in my shoulders and would have severe pain because of prior injury. Without it, I wouldn't have been able to function if it came to lifting things over my head.

Sleeved 10/16, BW 273, SW 257, CW 205

I was hospitalized at post op week 3 for a week for dehydration, uti, and kidney stones. I had a lactose intolerance that has since gotten better and I can tolerate some dairy now. The 1st 6 weeks were hell, but I'm doing great now.

I've had a pretty uneventful recovery! I've tolerated every stage well and I'm able to get my Protein in pretty much every day now. Still working on getting ALL my Water in, but that's just bc I get busy at work and forget to drink.

I don't weigh I'm between doctors appointments so I'm not sure how many pounds I've lost to date (I was down 22.5 at my 6 week check up) but I'll find out on Tuesday and I'm nervous!!

I'm down from a size 24 jeans to an Old Navy size 18 skinny jeans!!! I got choked up in the dressing room. I'm such a dork...

I am also a slow loser.

I have been at a stall for the last 2 weeks!!!

I was sleeved 10-22-12, I am so happy that I have had this done.

I am still trying to learn what is satisfied and what is full... I am struggling with this one!

Also I need to learn to slow down on eating! I still eat fast then get so uncomfortable.

Sleeved 10/25@ 300 lbs. Today 253. Yesssss. 50/F, not exercising hardly at all, trouble getting vit and liquids in. Luv my sleevie.