Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If any of my fellow sleevers have a few minutes to write down an example of a typical day of what they are eating ( entire day ). My wieght loss is extremely slow from day one after surgery. Wondering if i am not doing something correct. 7.5 weeks out, down 20 lbs.. Thank you ..

I am sad to see no replies yet. I have the same problem. I only lost 7 lbs the first two weeks and I don't trust my homescale, because it is difficult to read, but it clearly is different than my doctor's scale.

I was never on a clear liquid diet post surgery, but my doctor still expected me to lose 15-20 based on his other patients' experiences.

Yesterday, I did 3.5 miles on an elliptical machine (I'm 3 1/2 weeks out). I ate 500 calories and had 65 g of Protein. Drinking at least 6 cups of Water in between meals.

Ho, I'm 2 weeks and 2 days out Ive lost 25lbs but I started at 302 so bmi is a big play factor. I sip Water every 15 mins. I drink 1 and half ensures (12oz) a day so I sip it every 2 hours suppose to drink more of a Protein Drink but its a balance drink that keeps me full and complete. I have 1 fat free pudding a day if Im craving something sweet. I will have 1/4 a cup of broth or liquid of a Soup someone made. I think Im under eating but Im not complaining when I see the scale. I dont know if I helped but good luck!!

Hi for Breakfast I have either a fat free yoghurt - 100 cals and 9grams of Protein or a slim fast - 230 cals 15 grams protein.

lunch I usually have either 100grams mussels - 102 cals 19 grams protein (pickled mussels in a jar) or crab sticks and prawns (same nut as above) or I sometimes have crackerbread with laughing cow light, pâté or Peanut Butter

Tea I have 4 oz of meat eg. chicken wrapped in bacon with a little cheese in the middle or cheese ham and Tomato quiche ( I don't eat the pastry ), scampi, prawns with lime and ginger, chicken and sweetcorn Soup, home made turkey meatballs.

I am eight weeks out and have lost 30 pounds since surgery.

I hope this helps. Xxxx

I am 7 months out and a slow loser. I have lost 45 pounds, but my starting weight was 218. I had a revision to a sleeve from a slipped band. I eat about every 2-3 hours. Breakfast is sugar free oatmeal made with milk. AM snack is a banana the 100 Greek yogurt with 1/4 c kashi lean crunch. lunch is a vegetable and 2 protein-1/2 fat free cottage cheese or 2 light string cheese. PM snack is apple with 1 T low fat Peanut Butter. Supper is vegetable and 2 oz of some sort of Protein. Night Snacks are an apple with 1 T low fat peanut butter and 1/2 c frozen Greek yogurt. Hope this helps. It works for me.

I started out following a guideline that I found on the internet, the doctors name was Joseph Chebli.

7am Breakfast: usually an egg with Mrs. Dash (later I would eat 1-2 saltine crackers)

8:15am start fluids

10am Protein drink

12pm Lunch: yogurt or Soup

1:15pm start fluids

3pm Protein Drink

5pm Dinner: ground meat/ meatloaf or meat balls or chicken with a bite or two of vegetable

6:15pm start fluids

8pm Protein drink if wanted

I'm two and a half months out and I've lost 56 pounds. Remember though, I started at 317. I still try to follow the timing of the food, although I have added new foods.

I started out following a guideline that I found on the internet' date=' the doctors name was Joseph Chebli.

7am Breakfast: usually an egg with Mrs. Dash (later I would eat 1-2 saltine crackers)

10am Protein drink

3pm Protein drink

5pm Dinner: ground meat/ meatloaf or meat balls or chicken with a bite or two of vegetable

8pm protein drink if wanted

I'm two and a half months out and I've lost 56 pounds. Remember though, I started at 317. I still try to follow the timing of the food, although I have added new foods.[/quote']

Thanks for the quideline..

I am 7 months out and a slow loser. I have lost 45 pounds' date=' but my starting weight was 218. I had a revision to a sleeve from a slipped band. I eat about every 2-3 hours. Breakfast is sugar free oatmeal made with milk. AM snack is a banana the 100 Greek yogurt with 1/4 c kashi lean crunch. lunch is a vegetable and 2 protein-1/2 fat free cottage cheese or 2 light string cheese. PM snack is apple with 1 T low fat Peanut Butter. Supper is vegetable and 2 oz of some sort of Protein. Night Snacks are an apple with 1 T low fat Peanut Butter and 1/2 c frozen Greek yogurt. Hope this helps. It works for me.[/quote']

Thank you for the good ideas..

I eat about five small meals a day but I don't plan on what I want to eat or how much. My body knows best when I need something and I've learned that if I'm craving a certain type of food, I'm probably low in some sort of Vitamin that it offers. I'm still on the mushy stuff until the 9th though so my little offerings might not be as helpful as others.

List of stuff I enjoy;

Greek yogurt

drinkable yogurt

probiotic shots (tastes like drinkable yogurt)

Baby food of all sorts, especially baby hot dogs, lol

Tomato Soup

cream of mushroom Soup

a little bit of brunsweiger (liver pate) when I'm low on Iron

Vitamins (I have to put this because my doctor reminds me constantly to take them. It nearly counts as a meal.)

fruit puree

a fruity popsicle every now and then

tuna fish with mayo mixed into it and cracker crumb sprinkles.

A measured drink of those nasty, awful, horrible Protein drinks. (Blech! I can't stand them!)

I've lost 34 lbs since my surgery and I am... about a month out. (I started at 329 and am now 295)

typically, i have a giant 1 minute Breakfast cookie (found at www.dashingdish.com) for breakfast. if not that, i use body fortress Protein powder to make a shake. i like the chocolate Peanut Butter flavor, and i'm gonna buy the Cookies and creme today to try.

for lunch, i usually have either a cupcake meal (recipes at www.emilybites.com) or some kind of leftovers.

for dinner i get recipe ideas from dashingdish, emilybites, and bariatricfoodie.

i usually have 1 or 2 Snacks each day. ranging from string cheese, beef Jerky, Protein Bar (pure Protein brand) or various other high protein to lower calorie ration Snacks.< /p>

I sincerely doubt your diet is the culprit as you are almost assuredly eating far less than you did prior to surgery.

Some people really do just lose more slowly. You can fiddle with your diet if you need to feel more in control of the situation. Counter to what you'd likely think, if anything, it's more likely you need to increase calories/carbs to jump start yourself.

At that point post op I was struggling to consume 400-500 calories and 60 grams of Protein a day. At some point around four months I was struggling mentally and started to incorporate more calories, carbs and Protein. I started with additional shakes because that was easiest for me. I noticed no increase in the rate of my loss, but mentally I felt much better. I had more energy and did feel less deprived and more in control of my diet.

I lost 107 pounds over the course of 17 months, with two 9 week stalls along the way. I lost at a rate of just over 6 pounds per month. Prior to surgery the only stories that stood out in my mind were swift losses and I was certain that I'd get to goal in roughly nine months. The fact of the matter is that I lost slowly and nothing I did changed my body's pace.

I am no less a success story for reaching goal more slowly. In fact, I maintained my weight (prior to my current pregnancy) with very little effort and reached goal happy and healthy both physically and mentally.

Nobody wants to hear it but the real truth is that you cannot control how your body loses. There is a reason for many of us having years of failure on various diets before we choose surgery as an option. I could not have reached goal without my sleeve. Try to focus on the fact that every pound you lose is one gone forever, and be grateful that you've chosen this surgery that will make your goal achievable. The 1,200 one-size-fits-all diet and expectation to lose two or more pounds a week does not apply to many of us. If it did, we would have reached goal our first round of Weight Watchers and kept our stomachs!

Good luck, and try to stay positive. I won't offer up a sample menu as you'll see plenty of them and could search them out in any case. Many, many of us lose more slowly. If you search these boards you'll find that you are not alone and that there is really no need to get so frustrated over a time goal. Focus less on how quickly you'll lose the weight and more on building the foundation you need to stay at goal once you achieve it.

~Cheri

I started out following a guideline that I found on the internet, the doctors name was Joseph Chebli.

10am Protein drink

3pm Protein Drink

8pm Protein drink if wanted

I'm two and a half months out and I've lost 56 pounds. Remember though, I started at 317. I still try to follow the timing of the food, although I have added new foods.

LOL - that's my Doctor. He is big on making sure you get in 80 grams of protein.

I sincerely doubt your diet is the culprit as you are almost assuredly eating far less than you did prior to surgery.

Some people really do just lose more slowly. You can fiddle with your diet if you need to feel more in control of the situation. Counter to what you'd likely think, if anything, it's more likely you need to increase calories/carbs to jump start yourself.

At that point post op I was struggling to consume 400-500 calories and 60 grams of Protein a day. At some point around four months I was struggling mentally and started to incorporate more calories, carbs and Protein. I started with additional shakes because that was easiest for me. I noticed no increase in the rate of my loss, but mentally I felt much better. I had more energy and did feel less deprived and more in control of my diet.

I lost 107 pounds over the course of 17 months, with two 9 week stalls along the way. I lost at a rate of just over 6 pounds per month. Prior to surgery the only stories that stood out in my mind were swift losses and I was certain that I'd get to goal in roughly nine months. The fact of the matter is that I lost slowly and nothing I did changed my body's pace.

I am no less a success story for reaching goal more slowly. In fact, I maintained my weight (prior to my current pregnancy) with very little effort and reached goal happy and healthy both physically and mentally.

Nobody wants to hear it but the real truth is that you cannot control how your body loses. There is a reason for many of us having years of failure on various diets before we choose surgery as an option. I could not have reached goal without my sleeve. Try to focus on the fact that every pound you lose is one gone forever, and be grateful that you've chosen this surgery that will make your goal achievable. The 1,200 one-size-fits-all diet and expectation to lose two or more pounds a week does not apply to many of us. If it did, we would have reached goal our first round of Weight Watchers and kept our stomachs!

Good luck, and try to stay positive. I won't offer up a sample menu as you'll see plenty of them and could search them out in any case. Many, many of us lose more slowly. If you search these boards you'll find that you are not alone and that there is really no need to get so frustrated over a time goal. Focus less on how quickly you'll lose the weight and more on building the foundation you need to stay at goal once you achieve it.

~Cheri

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this post!!! I am pretty steadily losing 5 to 6 pounds a month but when you always read about people with fast weight losses then you have a tendancy to feel like you are doing something wrong. Your post is just what I needed to hear this morning! Eventually we will get to goal as long as we focus on correct eating habits and doing our exercise.