Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just cant seem to shake it off.

Ever since my surgery and my husband deploying I have not wanted to do anything. I just want to sleep all day. I don't even want to talk to my husband, I am so annoyed and angry that I feel like he left me at such a critical point in my life. I currently take Zoloft and feel that it is not doing anything for me. I don't even feel like showering, eating nothing. I take care of my kids and once they go to bed I am off to bed too. I've never in my life felt so horrible I feel that I am just ready to explode any minute and start crying. Even though my husband is deployed I am very angry at the point that we are always arguing and that he's always working.

I am sorry this is such a angry post I just need some advice. Have any of you all felt this before?

I am not sure when you had your surgery, but it can be common to get depressed afterward. I had to try 3 different anti-depressants before I found one that worked for me. Everyone is different, so I recommend that you go talk to your doctor as soon as you can. Is there any surgery support groups in your area that you can turn to for support?? Family?? I know logically you know that your husband can not help that he is deployed, but emotions are not always logical! And for me, my depression was an angry depression. I called myself mean mommy because I was always irritated and yelling at everyone. You are not alone. I really encourage you to talk to your doctor before things get worse, especially between you and your hubby.

Sorry, I haven't be sleeved yet, but do suffer from depression. I would suggest you go and talk to a doctor to see about adjusting your meds and to talk to a therapist. Hope you feel better real soon.

I can only imagine how hard it must be for you for your support to be so far away. Is there possibly someone else you feel close enough that could come and maybe help you through this slump? I take an anxiety pill and I find myself getting depressed a little too but then I know I have to do something to shake that feeling. I went for 2 walks yesterday to shake my bad feelings and I put on my music and just go. I also have a son and it take so much energy but it IS worth it! You can do this! You have to eat or at least drink your Protein or you may become very sick and have to go in the hospital. I am always just a message away and I will help you as much as I can. Even if just to talk you through it! Good luck friend!

I feel so bad for you and not quite sure how to respond but want you to know I'm here, I have read your post and if there is anything I can do, just let me know. I cant imagine having little ones, just having major surgery, and my husband being away for an extended period. You are in a funk. You need to fight your way out of it. You may need a good cry, so do it, wipe your tears and start fresh. Go outside and walk it off. Are there any wife groups you can join so you get involved and have to get up and out and socialize? If I think of anything else, will share. Again, I am here. Chin up!

Thanks y'all I was sleeved 17th of Dec. My husband left the 21st, I've been on Zoloft and it worked up until my surgery. I am with you on feeling angry. That's how I feel. I will contact my psych Monday.

Awwwww... I can relate to the depression that's for sure. And the anger for that matter. Sorry you are going through a tough time. I only hope when I feel like that, that my meds will help me from being depressed for too long. I think if you have your depression longer than a couple weeks- it couldn't hurt to have your doctor bump up your dosage for a little while. I know personally I have had to do that a time or two. I wish you the best. You are not alone.

I have had a few rounds of depression since surgery 14 weeks ago. It is getting much better now. If you haven't had many sunny days there in the past few weeks, you may also suffer from seasonal depression. Sunlight helps those with that problem.

Its emotional and probably chemical, too..so it isn't something that you can just snap out of. Though you will often read that your attitude is 100% up to you and that you must decide to be happy, that is not so easy when you are in a real funk.

Have you thought about starting a blog? There are so many military spouses that would appreciate your perspective and I would bet that there is an unconnected community of them who are spouses at home that have had bariatric surgery. It would be a unique opportunity and it may help for you to write out your feelings and share them. It may help others, too.

First of all THANK YOU for your service !!

too often the person who wears the uniform is lauded and we here who keep the home fires burning are forgotten . Remember H. A. L. T. hungry angry lonlely tired is when we usually fall into old negative thought patterns, you expressed 3 out of 4 in your post ( hopefully hungry won't be an issue for a while) . This can be an emotionally tumultuous time in your journey to better health ,dealing with life without out our old best friend,food. After 8 years away from meds I found myself back to 40 mg Prozac per day 6 months post op, you are not alone. Remember we don't just get better with depression we battle it! Call your dr ,make a plan and act on it. Hope you feel better soon !!!