Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bacon is a protein, right?

Ok, for the record I have not eaten bacon. Yet. But I will, one day. I love bacon.

I was sleeved 12/12/12 and am now onto the mushie/soft phase of my diet. I'm doing good on my Protein and Water intake, I hit my goals most days. I do however have to force myself to drink the Protein shakes. I have tried countless ways of "fixing" them, have 5 different brands, etc., all to no avail. They are gross. I know that they are necessary, so I do drink them. I would prefer not to, and I know, in time, I will be able to get all protein in on my own. This leads me to my question.

How and What are you able to eat to get in all of the protein necessary without shakes?

I've rarely had a Protein shake after month 1, though chike and click in coffee flavors are my 2 faves and delicious in eggface Protein balls. I really disliked protein shakes, but it was much easier to get down when I made them with Water instead of milk. The thickness I think was the issue. Yogurt, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and refried Beans are good mushies for the first month.

I eat eggs, bacon (yep, love bacon too), turkey bacon, sausage, turkey sausage links, omelets with goat cheese and spinach, vegetable lasagna (zucchini & squash instead of noodles), emily bites wonton cupcakes, steak, shrimp, beef, chicken, pork chops, turkey, deli meats ie roast beef, cheeses, milk, Peanut Butter, Beans, chili, nuts... The first couple months are harder but now I can eat 3-4 meals of dense protein and supplement a cup of skim milk or two to get me to 60 grams.

low fat cottage cheese 4 oz is 12gms for 90 cals

Slim Fast has a great shake for 2 net carbs and 180 cals 20 gms Protein

tuna pouch 2.6 oz has 18 gms protein for 80 cals

I am a vegetarian but I found a fabulous meatless "hamburger" for 130 cals and 15 gms of protein

greek yogurt is a great source but you have to watch carbs

hope this helps

Had some bacon wrapped scallops this morning. Yeah, I'm weird.

I made very high Protein pureed Soups for myself. pureed navy bean and ham? Pureed broccoli cheese? I even made a philly cheesesteak Soup.

Greek yogurt is good for your stage as well. Try dumping a little plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream on some refried Beans and cheese.< /p>

One of my staples is tuna and it's great for Protein and I very much highly recommend it - it's a quick easy meal that you don't have to heat.

Turkey is higher in Protein than chicken...but I prefer chicken. I eat a lot of tuna and chicken and hard boiled eggs. Not much of a meat eater.

Ahi tuna (the real stuff, not canned) and salmon pack the most Protein ounce for ounce. I'm lucky that I love seafood and the fact that I am a true carnivore.

Had some bacon wrapped scallops this morning. Yeah' date=' I'm weird.

I made very high Protein pureed Soups for myself. pureed navy bean and ham? Pureed broccoli cheese? I even made a philly cheesesteak Soup.< /p>

Greek yogurt is good for your stage as well. Try dumping a little plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream on some refried Beans and cheese.[/quote']

Coatracks- I had the same thing- for breakfast!!!!

Sister!! I have 4 and I'm full and I get 19g of Protein.< /p>

Sister!! I have 4 and I'm full and I get 19g of Protein.

Cool! Yes, 4 of the large fill me up. I sort of eat them slow. They are SO good and they stay with you.

My surgeon actually told me to stop drinking the shakes when I started Puree. He feels it is better to start early learning to get your Proteins from real food, Also the Protein Shakes are quite high in Calories when you look at them which makes it interesting trying to drink them and eat without going over your calorie limits. So I have been eating 4 or 5 tiny meals a day, choosing foods that are high in Protein and low in carbs, most canned meats(tuna, turkey, ham, chicken) are good at this stage because they are already puree and are almost all protein. Also cheeses including cottage cheese, and of course eggs or egg substitute. I also found a really good Turkey chilli by Hormel with no Beans which is high in protein. Hope this helps, good luck.

2 slices of turkey bacon with an egg is a really nice weekend Breakfast.< /p>

Thanks for all of the ideas!

costco has really good chicken sausage and chicken meatballs and chicken burgers. All are very tasty and good sources of Protein.

When I buy at Costco I bring it home, portion it out into 3 or 4 oz and freeze it. Then the night before I go to work I pack my lunch and whatever I'm eating defrosts.

Cool! Yes, 4 of the large fill me up. I sort of eat them slow. They are SO good and they stay with you.

LOL....Catracks...I'm laughing at your new name....Coatracks. That's hilarious.

Sorry...as you were.

Ok' date=' for the record I have not eaten bacon. Yet. But I will, one day. I love bacon.

I was sleeved 12/12/12 and am now onto the mushie/soft phase of my diet. I'm doing good on my Protein and Water intake, I hit my goals most days. I do however have to force myself to drink the Protein shakes. I have tried countless ways of "fixing" them, have 5 different brands, etc., all to no avail. They are gross. I know that they are necessary, so I do drink them. I would prefer not to, and I know, in time, I will be able to get all Protein in on my own. This leads me to my question.

How and What are you able to eat to get in all of the protein necessary without shakes? [/quote']

Have you tried the shakes from GNC? Total lean shakes? They are the best that i hv found.