Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DAY ONE PRE OP AND ALREADY STRUGGLING!

I don't know how I am going to do this and make these life style changes! How does everyone do this? I went through this whole long process and am now second guessing myself.....I am hungry and miserable and today was ONLY the FIRST Pre op day and I have two weeks of this plus the post op diet!

I want some chocolate candy, cake and some good old carbs....a bagel with cream cheese and bacon would be nice or some cheese nachos!

I find myself thinking of food constantly now and grieving all of the food I can't have! HELP!

Am I kidding myself that this tool is going to be enough for me to lose the weight with my current $hitty will power or are old habits going to win? Seriously, I am at DAY ONE PRE-OP...please tell me there may be light at the end of the tunnel and that EVERYONE (or at least some) felt this way.

I was able to lose 25 lbs. during this process but it is the limitation of the Liquid Protein that is killing me today! Please help me!

It really sucks doesn't it. I met with the surgeon today and he wants me to go on 5 shakes a day ( gross) and no food for 4 weeks. Then there's the post op period with the same. All I can think of is 2 months will pass and I can survive....I think

I don't know how I am going to do this and make these life style changes! How does everyone do this? I went through this whole long process and am now second guessing myself.....I am hungry and miserable and today was ONLY the FIRST Pre op day and I have two weeks of this plus the post op diet!

I want some chocolate candy, cake and some good old carbs....a bagel with cream cheese and bacon would be nice or some cheese nachos!

I find myself thinking of food constantly now and grieving all of the food I can't have! HELP!

Am I kidding myself that this tool is going to be enough for me to lose the weight with my current $hitty will power or are old habits going to win? Seriously, I am at DAY ONE PRE-OP...please tell me there may be light at the end of the tunnel and that EVERYONE (or at least some) felt this way.

I was able to lose 25 lbs. during this process but it is the limitation of the liquid Protein that is killing me today! Please help me!

No, kidding, it does suck. You get used to it. After the third day it gets easier having no food, really. It isn't the end of food, though. You can have food again, in tiny amounts and you need to learn to enjoy the flavor and savor what you have. I was sleeved on 12/27 and I can have three tablespoons of creamy Soup and it is the best ever. Tiny spoons I savor every little spoonful. You can do it, but you have to have a strong desire to succeed. I personally know, I won't do anything to damage my sleeve, so I can wait for real food to come back into my life. Good luck to you.

Are you actually hungry? Or is it head hunger? My surgery was on the 10th, I've yet to feel actually hungry, head hunger, oh yea!! What i keep telling myself Is "21 days" meaning 21 days from when i started soft foods (this past Sunday). It takes 21 days to either change, or make a habit, I'm hoping after 21 days the head hunger will go away because I've been eating right

The first 3 days were the hardest. I'm a Chef and around food every second at work. But I'm 8 days into my liver shrinking diet and have lost 14lb. It will get easier. It's hard not to think of food though, but it's the choice i've made and I'm sticking too this. Good luck.

The first 3 days were the hardest. I'm a Chef and around food every second at work. But I'm 8 days into my liver shrinking diet and have lost 14lb. It will get easier. It's hard not to think of food though' date=' but it's the choice i've made and I'm sticking too this. Good luck.[/quote']

Wow that has got to be hard!M A chef on a liquid diet! At least we know you want this bad!

I want some chocolate candy' date=' cake and some good old carbs....a bagel with cream cheese and bacon would be nice or some cheese nachos!

Am I kidding myself that this tool is going to be enough for me to lose the weight with my current hitty will power or are old habits going to win? Seriously, I am at DAY ONE PRE-OP...please tell me there may be light at the end of the tunnel and that EVERYONE (or at least some) felt this way.

I was able to lose 25 lbs. during this process but it is the limitation of the liquid Protein that is killing me today! Please help me![/quote']

Ok...I will say...I am on day 4 of pre-op. it sucks.

BUT.... I GOT THIS.

Really, by day 4 (today), this is a breeze. Yesterday, my breath got a little funky. (Ketosis, I'm sure) and I got a little woozy, I just ate more salad and 3 clementine wedges (good carbs) and I FEEL FINE.

My breath is still dog-turd gross, though.

And tonight....my entire family is going out to dinner for SALADS and a lean Protein. Just so I will not suffer. Lol

Cooking smells in the house? Yep, they bother me. I drink a huge glass of Water and sit in my Calgon bath and think crappy thoughts about how I hope my husband chokes on his food. (J/k) but, this is for me and I don't expect anyone to make changes, only to be slightly considerate for the first couple of days.

There is light end of the tunnel. When I wanted chocolate on day 1, I blended up a chocolate Protein shake with a lot of ice and made it like a milkshake. (Water, ice, chocolate protein powder).

Hope this helped, even if just a little. ;)

I want some chocolate candy' date=' cake and some good old carbs....a bagel with cream cheese and bacon would be nice or some cheese nachos!

Am I kidding myself that this tool is going to be enough for me to lose the weight with my current hitty will power or are old habits going to win? Seriously, I am at DAY ONE PRE-OP...please tell me there may be light at the end of the tunnel and that EVERYONE (or at least some) felt this way.

I was able to lose 25 lbs. during this process but it is the limitation of the liquid Protein that is killing me today! Please help me![/quote']

U can do this

The preop diet sucked a big egg for me. It didn't get any easier for me. I was miserable. I was hungry. I was cranky. My poor husband thoughtlessly prepared bacon one might and the smell almost sent me into a homicidal rage. I wanted to sneak out of the house and go to Olive Garden. I was a lunatic. Then on the morning of surgery, I was still starving and still snippy. I got out of surgery and the liquid diet didn't bother me at all!!! I wasn't hungry, not even head hunger was an issue. Before surgery diet blows. After surgery, it wasn't a problem. Another reason it wasn't a problem is that I cheated about a week and a half out of surgery and ended up so sick and in pain that I finally said enough and stayed on track. Keep your head up and hang in there!!!! Good luck!!!!

It gets much easier after 3-4 days. I'm right there with you. I'm just trying to stay busy to keep my mind off of it. I stay away from all food, people eating, smell of food, etc. I keep telling myself this is my first obstacle and I will get through it. I'm not sure there will be any survivors among the people closest to me though :)

Thank you all for your support and encouragement. It was a tough two weeks with ups and downs and I didn't even feel like dealing with anyone! Tomorrow is my big day and although I didn't do directly as ordered for the PRE op diet, I was pretty close to it and am looking at tomorrow as the next chapter in this exciting time. I want to thank each and everyone of you though for taking the time to respond and help me out....glad to see I was not alone!

Pre-op was absolutely the most miserable 3 weeks of this process for me!!! Surgery was easy compared to pre-op. I wish there was an easier way, but it is amazing how food will not control you once you are post-op. It truly is a life-changing operation and I am so thankful I went through with it.

Hang in there.....it only gets better!!!!! (promise)

Pre-op was absolutely the most miserable 3 weeks of this process for me!!! Surgery was easy compared to pre-op. I wish there was an easier way, but it is amazing how food will not control you once you are post-op. It truly is a life-changing operation and I am so thankful I went through with it.

Hang in there.....it only gets better!!!!! (promise)

Thanks! I am not looking forward to immediate post op and gas pains...just hoping for no more head hunger feeling and no more "cheating". I feel the willpower now! Doc said he will give me plenty of pain meds...so he better not be lying! I just need to be conscious enough to walk...otherwise hoping to be flying high on morphine for a day or two.

Thanks! I am not looking forward to immediate post op and gas pains...just hoping for no more head hunger feeling and no more "cheating". I feel the willpower now! Doc said he will give me plenty of pain meds...so he better not be lying! I just need to be conscious enough to walk...otherwise hoping to be flying high on morphine for a day or two.

I have to say I had built up the pain in my head much larger than it actually was. I was uncomfortable for 3 days post-op with gas pains, but it wasn't unbearable, it just felt like muscle soreness. They keep you full of wonderful meds! It really was an easy procedure, definitely worth it!