Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 weeks out and I should know better! Geez.

I "slimed" again today. I only do it when I eat too fast. 10 weeks post op, I can't believe I am still doing this! I have gotten very good about measuring the AMOUNT I can eat... But it seems like - especially when distracted like at work - I can easily just ... eat... and before I know it, I have this pain in my chest that is only relieved by regurgitating SLIME. I assume I am sliming because I am not throwing up what I ate - just...well, SLIME. I feel dirty and ashamed afterwards. You know how a dog will hurk up his dinner and then look at you all embarassed? (before re-eating it)

How long before I get this under control? I feel like I am learning - I only THROW UP after eating one bite too many... and have gotten much better about avoiding that...but if I eat too fast, I slime. I have read some posters have NEVER thrown up... I guess I should feel lucky I never got dumping syndrome - that sounds awful.

I am sorry that you have to go through this. I have never slimed or thrown up. I am 16 weeks.

You need to focus only on eating when you are at work: no talking, no reading.

I would think that once would be enough.

Good Luck.

Same issue for me.....I have to learn to eat slower and from what my doc told me softer foods.

The upside is...at least you're not re-eating it like the dog. Lol that was a little bad humor...sorry.

I do agree with Amazon...just tune out surroundings and focus on the food. Take your time, enjoy it with NO distractions and I bet you will have success!

I worry about being good with this after surgery too. It's so easy to just "switch off" while eating...my mind is anywhere and everywhere but not focused on how/what I'm putting in my mouth. I'm hoping the fact that I can only take a few bites might reel me in, gonna try and savor those few bites :)

I am sorry that you have to go through this. I have never slimed or thrown up. I am 16 weeks.

Good Luck.

You know what? *I* would think that once would be enough too! Geez, I am hard headed... but like abetterme4.2 said, at least I am not re-eating like my dog would! ;oP

I am 6 weeks out and experienced the same thing. I have learned not to let myself get too hungry so I carry a Protein Bar with me wherever I go. I take just a couple of bites to tide me over and then when I do eat I am not starving and I chew my food completely and eat slower. I chalk this up to Lesson Learned the hard way!

I eat very slowly - especially when eating dense Protein. You will learn to feel the signs before it comes to slimes. Measure, eat slow, chew well and put the fork down between bites to see if you are full.

It happened to me a few times early on.

I'm on week 12 and have found that right before the last bite that makes me feel like I ate a brick, a little tiny burb of air will come up. At first I barely noticed since I'm getting used to burping when I wake up in the morning (emplty stomach) and when I haven't eaten anything in a while. Now I make sure to take my time and listen (no pun intended!) for the burp of air. If I push it and eat even the smallest amount after the baby-burp, I'm a gonner! I've only slimed once and it was hideous! (Sauteed spinach - I'm still afraid of veggies!) And trying to throw up when you know you've eaten too much isn't fun either. I couldn't throw up when I needed to, not that that is a habbit I should get into or even want to again, but needing to regurgitate and not being able to is painfull too! Try the burp test...you may be doing so without realizing too. (Also, dense Protein is really hard....can't eat more than 2 oz. at a time. Soups, yogurts, etc. much better.)

I had the same problem...eating to fast! I used my phone to help me slow down. I would take a bite, chew 25 times, then set the timer on my phone for 2 minutes. It helped me learn to slow down. Now I don't need it. But it took months to really break the speed eating habit I learned as a kid.

I was 10 weeks out yesterday and I too have to be very conscience of when I am eating and remind myself to slow down. That has been the most difficult part of this entire surgery for me. Just keep trying. You will get there. :)

What about setting the plate a little out of reach so that forces a break between bites? Last night I was mindlessly eating and watching TV and ugh. Jelly protested strongly!!!

That's got to be the hardest thing for me as well. We've spent many years eating a certain way & it's really hard to change it all. I've slimed & thrown up & I hate that feeling. I also struggle with slowing down, but I know how important it is... Good luck to all of us!

I am only three weeks postop and I guess still new...but what in the world is sliming?? I have never heard that. ?????

Good Luck.

I'm very glad for you that you have never had the "slime" syndrome, but I think you are the exception rather than the rule. You may think that "once would be enough" but since it's never happened to you how can you be so judgmental? Trust me, no one wants it to happen after the first time, but it comes on so quickly you don't even realize you've just eaten one bite too many. People come to this site for advice and empathy not to be judged so chill out not everyone is as perfect as you seem to be.