Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lake Stevens, WA - Seeking WLS Friend

This might be the wrong place to post this???

Hi All,

Welp I am almost 1 yr post op (Jan 17th) and I hit my goal. The reason I am writing is to find out if anyone in the Lake Stevens, WA area would like to get together? I feel really silly putting this out there...it's kinda lame I know... It would be wonderful to get together and share a plate somewhere. I am 37 and very happily married. I work for Boeing. I have 3 kids (19, 18 and 10). I have been told I am normal and I love to laugh. I would just like to meet a friend that has had WLS and who understands meals of string cheese and having absolutely no alcohol tolorance. :)

Please let me know...

You could Google weight loss support groups for your area and go to a meeting and you might find someone to be Weight Loss Friends with.

I tried that Tegrice...Believe me...I kinda feel pathetic posting for a friend. Without going into details, it's been really tough with my freinds. The jokes and comments have become a little too much and I just thought maybe there is someone else in the area going through the same thing that would like to go have coffee or do a craft night without having to endure comments about their WLS.

If anyone knows of WLS support group in the area I would love to hear about it. I contacted PSSC and they said their support group was just for their patients. That was a year ago...so maybe that has changed (its worth a phone call tomorrow) :)

Thanks Annie!

I'm in Lynnwood, WA - not too far away. I would be happy to get together.

Congrats on your success!! Oh to be in your shoes, I'm just starting this process so probably not the best buddy for you. :P I live on Mercer Island but work on the West Side. Having my surgery next month.

Oh and my Dr runs two support groups, one at Evergreen Hospital in Kirkland and the other at Northwest Hospital in Seattle. Everyone is welcome at the groups. I usually go to the Northwest Hospital one since its close to work for me. We usually meet for dinner prior to group. At group we have the nutritionist, psycologist and the sports/exercise Dr. Usually there is a topic, I don't think they have been posted for 2013 yet.

Oh one more thing, one of the gals in our support group lives in Marysville and also works at Boeing in Everett - if going to group is something you are interested in maybe you could carpool with her.

Wonderful Karen! I look forward to meeting you. I will PM you with my phone number. :)

And CONGRATS DaybyDay! Your life is about to change in the most fantastic way. It won't all be roses...but when you hit goal and feel like you can run up three flights of stairs it will all be worth it! Feel free to message me if you ever have any freak out moments or questions. This board is amazing and full of support and encouragement.

Hi Karen,

I would love to come to NW Hospital support group. I will continue to check and see when the next meeting is. :)

Being sleeved in Mexico, I have not attended a single support group. I imagine it would be very helpful even a year out. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer this post.