Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Meal number 2 this morning :) cottage cheese and applesause ( full liquids today). Got my catheter removed this morning (yeah) and switching over to oral pain meds also. Already walked twice this morning before 6am.. my choice, I felt good, and wanted to move from the bed. Been in the chair a few times today also.. A little more sore today than yesterday because the pain block is wearing off.. but so far very tolorable.. I may go home later today.. my drain tub is still draining a little more than norm, so they may ke me one more day or send me home with it... we will see

[ATTACH]7703[/ATTACH]

post-35941-13813661892395_thumb.png

My doctor told me to buy Pepcid ac but it doesn't come in a chewable. What are other doctors recommending??

My doctor told me to buy Pepcid ac but it doesn't come in a chewable. What are other doctors recommending??

My surgeon sent me home with a prescription of Prilosec. The first two weeks I was told to open the capsules and pour the contents on a teaspoon of sugar free applesauce. Maybe you can get Pepcid in capsules and do the same

My doc prescribed for me nexium in the powder form

It is finally here! 1/2/13 is the day! I am prepared mentally for a rough couple of days' date=' because I know everyday after that will be just a little bit better, and on the road to healthy and fit!

I am busy packing a bag tonight, and getting ready to shower with my special soap. Going to bed early tonight, because I have to be at the hospital by 6am.

Any last advice? Things I should bring to the hospital with me?

This forum is great, thanks for sharing all your experiences and advice. It is nice to know you are not alone in this journey. You can have a ton of support from friends and family, but having someone, lots of someones :) understand just what you are going through is great support.

Wish me luck![/quote']

U are never alone in this journey...i bet it feels great to have made it this far:)

Wow.. last night was pretty tough. I got discharger about 4, and started feeing pretty nauseated since noon yesterday, was given some reglan and. Zonogran both iv, but switched me to liquid Hydrocodone, which the one time I have been able to keep it down, it worked pretty well for pain control. The pharmacy was having system difficulties, and I wasn't able to stay on my pain and nausea schedule with meds, got them about 2 hours later than I was due to take any, which has spun me off on a bad start.

I may have to go to a different pain med, tummy is pretty sore this morning, too one sip of the hydrodone elixir and lost it.. I may have to take my anti-nausea meds first, before anything else every 8 hours.. pain meds is written for every 6, but get nauseated before my next nausea meds are due.. my main goal today is to stay on top of the nausea so I can get most of my liquids in because so far since I have been home, only been able to hold dow maybe 4 oz.

Feeling pretty good today, things are settling much better in the tummy, havnt got sick once today, or felt nauseated. Once I finish this shake I'm drinking, will probably take me a couple hours, I will have had 95 grams of Protein, and a total of 30 oz of fluid.. so if I can get one more 32 oz of something today then my goals have been met... this is a good day :)

Feeling pretty good today' date=' things are settling much better in the tummy, havnt got sick once today, or felt nauseated. Once I finish this shake I'm drinking, will probably take me a couple hours, I will have had 95 grams of Protein, and a total of 30 oz of Fluid.. so if I can get one more 32 oz of something today then my goals have been met... this is a good day :)[/quote']

How long are you taking off work? So glad you are doing better today :-)

So glad to hear u r doing better! Im afraid im gonna be sick after my surgery because i have to return to work the fallowing week :(