Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been doing so good while going thru all my appointments. Now, knowing that the pre-op diet is just days away, I can't stop eating stuff. I HAVE NO FREAKING CONTROL!!!!!

nvm wrong post

I've been doing so good while going thru all my appointments. Now, knowing that the pre-op diet is just days away, I can't stop eating stuff. I HAVE NO FREAKING CONTROL!!!!!

I can relate...thanks for sharing. I feel like for me, I struggle with 'self-sabotage' at moments like this because I feel pressure to lose. I also feel the urge to have food funerals in case I can never tolerate certain foods again...and also because it's my last chance to be able to eat the foods I craaave in large volumes. (although after surgery I'll bet I'll be toootally over it when it comes to bingeing.)

It's good to know there are others struggling with this stage in the game...but it still stinks that we're going through it! Don't know if I'm much help here...but at least know you're not alone. Hang in there. Each day...heck, each HOUR is another chance to try again. Hour by hour: babysteps! ;)

It's like I did we'll this morning, had 1 1/2 cups turkey chili at lunch...sat down on the couch to watch football and ate 5 Cookies. Why did I do that???? Tomorrow I already know what I'm eating. oatmeal for Breakfast, grilled chicken salad for lunch, then sushi for supper - and wine (New Years Eve). Guess my ass will be on the treadmill tomorrow too.

This is why I need this surgery - to stop myself! I do so well and then sabotage my efforts. Ugh! Glad I'm not alone ;)

Preaching to the choir, girl! heh heh. I know in the support groups, the psych told us that a part of the challenge is getting over the 'trigger' moments to eat. He said one of our ingrained triggers is actually tv! We're so used to associating them with each other, it's now unconscious. Grrreat...

Woah, just thought of an idea though (I should really try it before becoming a hypocrite haha): maybe when we feel the urge to snack on something, just get up and walk away from the tv and do something else till it "hopefully" passes. Or maybe make a cup of tea, or heck -- chew a freakin' pen cap to keep our hands and mouths busy till it passes! lol. But um yeah, I really need this surgery too man.

Oh, and the psych also said to STOP eating meals in front of the tv to break the ties between tv and food. Whaa??? :P

Funny, this reminds me of when I quit smoking 2 years ago. I didn't smoke at work so my trigger would always be my car. I had to buy floss sticks and keep them in the car to have something to do/put in my mouth when driving home. Finally passed - took a while though. Ah, guess its time to get them out again, maybe floss my through the football game! LOL!!!

I did the same thing and figured "i'llI learn real fast once I can't eat". Well I am literally eatin my words at 12 DPO. I can't eat anything except apple juice. And I am emotionally miserable! I wish someone would have pushed me to do some kind of food addiction counseling.

you can still do the counseling Kpaige.. Never too late ;)

I went through the saying goodbye to my fac's before preop diet time. Now 11 weeks post op and I have no desire to eat more than I should. It doesnt feel good. Got sick twice due to eating a little too much I think. I am just thankful to be losing weight and not feeling deprived, or like I am having to suffer. No longer dependant on my willpower which wasnt very strong. Hang on to the positives!!

Thank God I found this post. I am so mad at myself for eating and eating. I guess it is a food funeral because I love Cereal and have been eating mass amounts of it so I am going to get rid of it. In the book Skinny Jeans the Dr said to actually eat a little of what you bring home and then throw out the rest.Do it every time and soon you will stop buying it because it is so painful to waste food.

I am so glad I am not the only one struggling and I do think that I will need counseling because food brings me emotional comfort.

Im about 2 mo post op. But b4 i started my preop diet i ate stuff i knew i was going to miss. then went head first into my preop diet. Yall can do it. Pre-op can be a little rough its new just stick to it u got it. Good luck

Although we hate to admit it, it seems pretty common. I'm having sushi tomorrow (New Years Eve). It will be a very long time (if ever) that I get it again. I will savor it and then let good it. I promise not to over do it either. Just because I'm having it before my pre-op diet doesn't mean I'm going to stuff myself silly. It's just something I know I will miss (and I only eat the veggie ones).

On January 3rd, i willdrinking chocolate shakes morning, noon and night. Misreading this part but I will make it thru. I have so much life to live that doesn't include food!!