Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

weird feeling in my stomach when I eat mostly anything

Does anyone else get a weird feeling in their stomach after they eat or during? Its not a pain..it makes me wanna stop eating. It doesnt happen when I drink only when I eat and its mostly everything! Its kind of frustrating because I did not expect so many things to change...Does anyone else go through this ...also I am 2 months post op and i have had this feeling for about 2 weeks now

I get a similar feeling - and like you, with food not drink. It's possible that it's happening as the type/consistency of food you eat changes. Or maybe it's that signal that your belly is reaching full. I'm about 11 weeks out and still introducing foods - and then removing them again if they don't sit right. Red meat hasn't really factored in my diet yet, mostly white meat and not every day. Vegetarian seems to sit best with me so whilst I try and keep an eye on my Protein intake, some days I just eat what feels right. A full stomach is an uncomfortable (and sometimes painful) one for me so I'm learning to pick that moment to stop and not put that one more mouthful in, even if it's within the half cup limit! The type of food has an effect too. I'm feeling a bit adventurous today and thinking about cooking a chicken curry.....I used to eat chilli just about every single day and miss it! fresh fruit and plain yogurt goes down a treat.

for the first 2 weeks after surgery I had this cramping feeling that started at the bottom of my stomach and kind of rolled up to the top. But It has disappeared in the last few days. It was especially bad with cold items.

for the first 2 weeks after surgery I had this cramping feeling that started at the bottom of my stomach and kind of rolled up to the top. But It has disappeared in the last few days. It was especially bad with cold items.

Yes! Mine started yesterday. It's like a pain at the bottom of my stomach, almost like a gas bubble moving through a pipe whenever I eat or drink anything! Sometimes it comes up as a burp and other times it goes the other way. I hope it stops eventually :[

I'm right there with you, for past 2 months I get the "weird feeling" that usually encourages me to stop eating because I'm scared whats next. I'm thinking maybe I'm eating too fast or not chewing good enough.

I too had this feeling post op for almost 4 weeks, haven't had in in last 7 days. Am so glad it's not just me, I was getting concerned. It's just so hard for someone to understand the feeling if they haven't felt it.

I'm 4 weeks out and pretty much eat regular food Dr.'s advice and I spoke to her Thursday about the describe feeling.....she said to get some small granola clusters and chew one first thing in the morning.....its called priming the sleeve sounds weird to me but I'm going to give a try.

I'm 4 weeks out and pretty much eat regular food Dr.'s advice and I spoke to her Thursday about the describe feeling.....she said to get some small granola clusters and chew one first thing in the morning.....its called priming the sleeve sounds weird to me but I'm going to give a try.

When you think about it, it actually makes sense, sort of like another thread I was reading that said to eat solid food first thing in morning instead of liquids or shakes. It's like our stomach is just crying out and maybe it's because it wants the solid. I'm going to try the theory out, just so used to waking up and drinking a couple cups Water and think to myself I might as well have my Protein shake seeing as I'm already doing liquid.

When you think about it' date=' it actually makes sense, sort of like another thread I was reading that said to eat solid food first thing in morning instead of liquids or shakes. It's like our stomach is just crying out and maybe it's because it wants the solid. I'm going to try the theory out, just so used to waking up and drinking a couple cups Water and think to myself I might as well have my Protein shake seeing as I'm already doing liquid.[/quote']

I tried and it really help.

Well I tried it and have mixed feelings so far, but it could be down to the choice if foods.

I tried yesterday, eating a scrambled egg and a slice of bacon, it actually kept me feeling full for most of the day and I had difficulty getting my Water in, but did so after the bloat subsided in the evening.

I was happy it kept me feeling full all day but I found after dinner I was very hungry and I did have chicken for lunch, I forced that in even though wasn't hungry.

Tried again this morning and its the same full feeling again but without the bloat, just had a yoghurt for lunch so will see how things go tonight.

I think I may not sit well with eggs at this stage, I tried one a few weeks ago and had a horrible feeling too, think ill just have to keep experimenting with this new stomach and work out what's best for me.

I am one week out to day and I have this uncomfortable feeling at the top of my stomache.right below the breast on the right side im really geting worried:-(

Well I tried it and have mixed feelings so far, but it could be down to the choice if foods.

I tried yesterday, eating a scrambled egg and a slice of bacon, it actually kept me feeling full for most of the day and I had difficulty getting my Water in, but did so after the bloat subsided in the evening.

I was happy it kept me feeling full all day but I found after dinner I was very hungry and I did have chicken for lunch, I forced that in even though wasn't hungry.

Tried again this morning and its the same full feeling again but without the bloat, just had a yoghurt for lunch so will see how things go tonight.

I think I may not sit well with eggs at this stage, I tried one a few weeks ago and had a horrible feeling too, think ill just have to keep experimenting with this new stomach and work out what's best for me.

It also could be acid causing a sour stomach. I felt so sick yesterday after eating scrambled eggs that I had to go home. Could not drink or eat without a very unhappy pouch. I'm a tad better today after taking an acid reducer last night and this morning. It's been added to my morning pills. As always, talk to your doc before taking anything- but I think this is the trick for me. Good luck!

I am one week out to day and I have this uncomfortable feeling at the top of my stomache.right below the breast on the right side im really geting worried:-(

Please check with your Dr....just to make sure its nothing major...you're on liquids no but you don't want that problem when you start on food....keep me posted....its probably nothing.